Minneapolis is Burning

F250

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean....all three of us could stand to lose a few pounds.....

But yeah, I'm pretty good with standing by proposition that the Bernie movement and the Trumpism movement have a shitload of terrorist aspects to them.  The point I was making in THAT political post was about Bernie supporters, and their actual threats of causing harm if we didn't acquiesce to their political demands ("nominate Bernie, or else we'll do everything we can to make sure Trump is re-elected").  You know, standard terrorist tactics -- give me the political result I want, or I'll inflict harm.  So, yeah, dude....it was a metaphor, and an apt one in the context used.

But maybe you prefer to stand with 1) a president who told cops to commit acts of brutality, 2) a police union head who thanked Trump for giving them the green light to commit brutality, resulting in 3) a member of that EXACT union....committing an act of police brutality that has lit our country on fire.  We don't need to play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon to get there.  We can get from the Floyd murder to Trump encouraging brutality in 2 degrees.  

You're right.  I'm silly for comparing that sort of sequence to terrorism.

So the standard goto now is just say you must stand with Trump? Fuck Trump. And fuck Joe Biden. Neither stand with me or any minority community.

7 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Holy shit. That was your gotcha? Brisket not calling anyone out, not referring to a single poster? Not even calling non-Surly individuals a political terrorist? That is some extreme weaksauce.

It’s not a gotcha. I said he called posters here political terrorists. And he did. Sorry if his balls are in your eyes and you can’t see.

The same voters who are probably referred to as Antifa or the radical left by the William Barr’s of the world. He is no different.

Kindly take your Antifa bullshit to the CR. The Antifa narrative is nothing but an obviously laughable right-wing boogeyman distraction that many of you posting in this thread take as gospel truth. Jeezus. What a load of horseshit. 

Sounds like something someone in antifa would say . It’s not like they’ve been seen before we knew who George Floyd was doing this exact antics wearing the exact attire.
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Dropout said:

So the standard goto now is just say you must stand with Trump? Fuck Trump. And fuck Joe Biden. Neither stand with me or any minority community.

It’s not a gotcha. I said he called posters here political terrorists. And he did. Sorry if his balls are in your eyes and you can’t see.

The same voters who are probably referred to as Antifa or the radical left by the William Barr’s of the world. He is no different.

No he didn't, at least not in what you quoted. He said there were political terrorist movements. That is not the same thing as calling you, me, or even random Joe Blow on the street a political terrorist. It's like saying is acting like an asshole, or said/did something racists. It doesn't mean that individual is an asshole or racist.

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Sounds like something someone in antifa would say . It’s not like they’ve been seen before we knew who George Floyd was doing this exact antics wearing the exact attire.

Take it to the CR right BL?!!!

Edited by Gourmand

Just now, Serak The Preparer said:

No he didn't, at least not in what you quoted. He said there were political terrorist movements. That is not the same thing as calling you, me, or even random Joe Blow on the street a political terrorist. It's like saying is acting like an asshole, or said/did something racists. It doesn't mean that individual is an asshole or racist.

And the political terrorist movement he is referring to is voters of Bernie fucking Sanders. Of which there were a few on this board.

Bernie Sanders was the compromise. Not the leader of a terrorist movement.

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Sounds like something a white nationalist would say. Do you enjoy that label being thrown at you?

Guest Lobo

Frank Rizzo, of course a Founding Father of our nation, and a favorite son of Philadelphia.  Aside from his passionate love of liberty, perhaps best known for his famous quote leading up to the War of 1812..."Get me Brett Weir, or Get me Death...I said!"  

Reporting from Philly, the mayor actually said today he hates the Rizzo statue and it will be removed within a month.

They bumped us up to a 6 pm curfew and cops are clearing streets even an hour before than. Just watched them set up a rolling detention center in front of my building. Like 100 cops, mostly on bicycle, swarmed in chasing a very benign "No justice, no peace" group of protesters. Most of the people scattered but a few got tackled and handcuffed. Detention vans sitting with doors open in case they swoop up anyone else.

I need to walk the dog, guess I better do it before curfew. I was thinking they wouldn't fuck with me after dark just taking a dog to the park, but after seeing them in action I probably should reconsider.

• Like 2

America is finally seeing how astonishingly easy it is to provoke a cop toward baton-head-smashing violence. At best it's like they have no training whatsoever and at worst they are gleefully looking for a fight. Protestors are getting roughed up, rubber bullets in the face, and gassed over simple "fuck yous" and protestors just standing their ground. The psychopaths need to be weeded out and the "good ones" need better training. 

I did not need training to not beat people. I did not need training to not harm people with pepper spray or target non-threatening people out of my own cowardice.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dropout said:

I referred to them in the SPECIFIC context of their actions ("vote my way or I'll wreck shit") -- context matters.  Like, a lot.  But keep trying, I'm sure you'll figure it out someday.

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Nice to have a Surly correspondent on the scene. Please be safe and keep reporting back.

Are you gonna be out there late? Things seem to ratchet up after dark. 

On bike and riding home. Promised wife unit I wouldn't get in much trouble. 

27 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Good Lord he chooses now to say something? So while Rodney King was getting gang fucked by multiple cops and he was just starting to win championships it was different because murderous cops buy sneakers too, right? 

You had the chance to make a difference and you chose the oppressors' money to keep the status quo. You don't get to have a conscious now. 

• Like 4

What the fuck is with your weirdos trying to denigrate homosexuals and posturing as a tough guy? You come off as a gigantic wimp.

I'm saying this as a friend. Do what I do, read the threads and just smh. Don't engage in pissbagging with either side, Brother. Let it go.

Austin will get ugly. The white lefties there have to be salty about how much uglier the protests have been elsewhere. If there aren’t a certain number of broken windows and looted retail outlets then the systemic racists win. 

38 minutes ago, Dropout said:

And the political terrorist movement he is referring to is voters of Bernie fucking Sanders. Of which there were a few on this board.

Bernie Sanders was the compromise. Not the leader of a terrorist movement.

You know, fair enough. I still think you are reading waaay too much into his words, but I also know that I have felt aggrieved even when the other party didn't intend to. I get why you are pissed, while also thinking that it is not accurate to say that BT called posters "political terrorists" merely for expressing their opinion.

25 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Good Lord he chooses now to say something? So while Rodney King was getting gang fucked by multiple cops and he was just starting to win championships it was different because murderous cops buy sneakers too, right? 

You had the chance to make a difference and you chose the oppressors' money to keep the status quo. You don't get to have a conscious now. 

THIS. 

Go count your money and pound some more scotch MJ.

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Austin will get ugly. The white lefties there have to be salty about how much uglier the protests have been elsewhere. If there aren’t a certain number of broken windows and looted retail outlets then the systemic racists win. 

This is just an impossibly stupid post. Your sense of humor is on par with Ted Cruz.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz wtf?? This is a legit bizarro world where Donald isn't actually in charge right now. He's in the stands booing a Joe Biden presidency that is in reality, his fucking presidency! 

Yeah this is beyond fucking bizarre.

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Obama’s virtual silence during the random killing of police officers pushed LE further into the corner of, “us against the world”. That was one key area I wish he would have been more vocal on. As we’ve seen with Trump, you can’t have progress by only appealing to one side of the issue.

Quoting this so people see this bullshit on another page.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

38 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

The stupid in this post is strong. Redirect your anger to the actual source of the issue. Not Michael Jordan who did more by example to promote the black cause than most activists could ever dream of in their lifetime.