Minneapolis is Burning

F250

1 minute ago, Grandioso said:

What. The. Fuck. Yes, they are going there. 

Of course they are.  There's not a single page of the script that they aren't following.

The Minneapolis PD is an enemy occupation force, and they need to be expelled.  It's that bad there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I have no problem with anything in this post but if this was a problem that had an easy solution we would have found it by now.  Everyone on all sides of the issue only wants to skate around the edge of the pond where the ice is safe.  Until we go out on the thin ice of the issue we are going to dance around the problem instead of solving it.  However going out on that thin ice makes everyone involved with the discussion uncomfortable because to have the honest discussion you have to risk other people having instant emotional reactions to some questions that have to be asked to make a serious attempt to change things and no one wants to risk falling through the ice by asking them.

Oh man, this is going to be so fun when EMAW starts posting the race science.

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s describing hooligans. 

Hooligans, are by definition, Irish.  Passionate?  Yes.  Strong?  Yes.  Determined?  Yes.  Vigilant?  Yes.  Tenacious, even?  Yes.  

Effective?  No.  But damn, I love 'em.  

37 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Step 1 is to abolish the cop unions imo. 

Abolishing government unions, that would be an interesting political platform for the Democrat Party to toss around.  I imagine once they stopped to think about the precedent they would have an easier time throwing around manhole covers.

• Fuck You 1

52 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Sure they are.  But when you see piles of bricks strategically laid in the streets of Dallas with reports certain individuals were directing the mob to those locations, some of this was planned.   And multiple cities are reporting arrests of non-residents including some from out of State.  

I haven't seen these piles of bricks. Pics of bricks? Better yet, video of people taking these bricks and committing acts of vandalism with them? Sounds highly improbable. 

I am interested to see if in these cities that historically have been blue politically yet still have this sort of race based policing and a history of police brutality if the voters come out in the fall and we start to see a viable third party emerge out of this.

Time seems ripe for a change in leadership at the local level. It looks like African Americans are waking up to the fact that neither party truly protect their interests and I am curious to see if a third one emerges. Does the Progressive group split off and start their own party?

The current "Big Machine Democrat" party doesn't stop the police acting as they do and the Republicans are absolutely not an option for African Americans.

I am really curious to see what if anything happens in the fall.

Totally unrelated but Mayor Adler showed what an absolute chicken shit he is (if you heard his interview on news yesterday) when he refused to go downtown and speak to protestors over fears of Covid-19. Guy could be masked/gloved/PPE up but he used that as his excuse.

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

And that’s just what he wanted.  How much time until a video from inside showing the ‘extreme leftist liberals out of control and paid by Soros’ show up on his website?

Wouldn't be surprised if he paid someone to do it. Notice the professional photographer catching the moment.

10 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

What. The. Fuck. Yes, they are going there. 

Man I would expect better from a guy that looks like he just leaped through the television screen out of an episode of Hill Street Blues.

1449805022_10076421+1newkroll121115.JPG?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Like it's possible to agree Floyd was murdered and that also does not give anyone the right to destroy innocent people's property and take away their jobs and businesses? 

You can believe whatever you want. Some will disagree with you. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

Everyone is going to remember the killing of Floyd.  Who is going to remember everyone else (cops, protesters, rioters, looters, and anyone else unlucky enough to be in the wrong situation at the wrong time) who has been killed due to the response?

If a cop dies the city shuts down and they have parades and memorials and the people who kill them are buried under the prison. They'll get a statue and their name engraved on things and a street named after them. Are you seriously saying that dead cops don't get enough attention?

Our nation has been bullied into lionizing these people.

In Cincinnati they just took down the American flag at the courthouse and replaced it with the Blue Lives Matter flag.

An absolute moron.

• Like 4

Just now, Xian said:

Police unions are going to destroy this country. 

I don't know about police unions or associations are in every city, but I cringe every time the Houston PD union rep is on TV. You know that when he's speaking in support of an officer, the officer has always done something worthy of losing his job if not a jail-able offense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I am interested to see if in these cities that historically have been blue politically yet still have this sort of race based policing and a history of police brutality if the voters come out in the fall and we start to see a viable third party emerge out of this.

Time seems ripe for a change in leadership at the local level. It looks like African Americans are waking up to the fact that neither party truly protect their interests and I am curious to see if a third one emerges. Does the Progressive group split off and start their own party?

The current "Big Machine Democrat" party doesn't stop the police acting as they do and the Republicans are absolutely not an option for African Americans.

Totally unrelated but Mayor Adler showed what an absolute chicken shit he is (if you heard his interview on news yesterday) when he refused to go downtown and speak to protestors over fears of Covid-19. Guy could be masked/gloved/PPE up but he used that as his excuse.

A lot of problems as it relates to governance would not exist if the 2 party political system didn't either. 

The time was long ago when it needed to happen. Vote 3rd party!

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Sadly no. The levels where voting matters is not what people are interested in. People only come out for the macro elections where the person elected really doesn't affect you at a personal level. Votes for District Attorney, judges, city council, and country commissioners are always super low turnout events. And those are the people who have a stake in the hiring, firing, supervision, and prosecution of the PD. 

3 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

A lot of problems as it relates to governance would not exist if the 2 party political system didn't either. 

Ah, yes, nobody has ever thought about a third party before.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Not surprised to see this being used to delegitimize unions in general.

There's nothing wrong with having a police union, the problem is the contracts.

Obligatory repost of this actually well researched thread demonstrating a direct correlation of factors in police union contracts and body count

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So how do we keep the unions and do away with the contracts they negotiate? 

10 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

There will never be a viable 3rd party under our current system. Stop trying to make a 3rd party happen, it’s not gonna happen. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Ah, yes, nobody has ever thought about a third party before.

Sure but most still fall in line with whichever gang they bang 

ETA-- See one post above this. 

Edited by BigHorn'13
That was quick

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Well.....but there IS a problem with the degree of leverage.  The contracts are so fucked because by becoming the monopoly mechanism for public safety and protection....PDs have literally all the leverage.  Their answer to any demand is this: "what are you going to do?   If you don't give us what we want, we'll walk off the job/stop performing our duties, and you'll have zero protection."

An imbalance of power and leverage creates shitty, shitty results.  It was true with management versus individual laborers (which is why we have unions -- to create some balance of power between individual laborers and powerful management), and it's true with public safety unions.  By virtue of the consequences they can inflict, they carry too much power, and they abuse the shit out of it.  And I don't see a fix.  I can't say on a blanket level that police officers shouldn't negotiate with cities as a group, but when they carry so much power and there is no alternative to protect the city, it's not a workable bargaining situation.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

A US Senator wants to turn the military against US citizens.  Completely normal:

It would help us out a lot more if we used the US military against the Senate.  Wadda ya say, old Tom, should we have that tug of war?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

So how do we keep the unions and do away with the contracts they negotiate? 

Create legal frameworks to just not allow certain things to be up for negotiation in the first place. For one example, the union can't demand expunged misconduct records if it is a federal law that misconduct records cannot be expunged.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well.....but there IS a problem with the degree of leverage.  The contracts are so fucked because by becoming the monopoly mechanism for public safety and protection....PDs have literally all the leverage.  Their answer to any demand is this: "what are you going to do?   If you don't give us what we want, we'll walk off the job/stop performing our duties, and you'll have zero protection."

See above. The problem is the lack of federal oversight.

Getting police unions abolished overall is a WAY bigger ask than simply reducing the scope of what they can control.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Sure but most still fall in line with whichever gang they bang 

ETA-- See one post above this. 

Because he understands the political science behind why it's never going to happen in America.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Create legal frameworks to just not allow certain things to be up for negotiation in the first place. For one example, the union can't demand expunged misconduct records if it is a federal law that misconduct records cannot be expunged.

See above. The problem is the lack of federal oversight.

Getting police unions abolished overall is a WAY bigger ask than simply reducing the scope of what they can control.

Then that's what we need to push for -- abolishing the unions.

Negotiation 101: only once they are faced with an existential threat will they show up to the legislative bargaining table in good faith.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

An imbalance of power and leverage creates shitty, shitty results.  It was true with management versus individual laborers (which is why we have unions -- to create some balance of power between individual laborers and powerful management), and it's true with public safety unions.  By virtue of the consequences they can inflict, they carry too much power, and they abuse the shit out of it.  And I don't see a fix.  I can't say on a blanket level that police officers shouldn't negotiate with cities as a group, but when they carry so much power and there is no alternative to protect the city, it's not a workable bargaining situation.

NYPD did this and crime went down. Cities need to just call their bluff on this shit.

8 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Here ya go.....

https://imgur.com/a/PO91Ope

What a racist cunt.

8 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Thanks. Hard for me to fathom being that ignorant, or stupid enough to think I could post such a thing online under my real name without adverse consequences.

Perfect distillation of Trumpism.

I voted for him because he's great and will give me back my country as I imagine it. (Messiah)

Trump is reported to do terrible things; all lies by fearful detractors. (Messiah is infallible)

Trump clearly is fucking up. The poor man does so many wonderful things, his attackers are so cruel! (Martyr messiah)

I am criticized for liking Trump! Hooray, I'm a martyr, too! I will stand up for the messiah! (Nascent jihad)

They're trying to remove Trump and his enemies destroy our beautiful America! (Full blown jihad?)

It's not hyperbole to call his hard core followers a cult. The tree of liberty may be in danger of dry rot or salt poisoning when this is all over. Are the heavily armed defenders of our inalienable right to good grooming even now gearing up with visions of saving the USA from the brown threat?

I'm hours behind on the news. I wonder even now if I'm going to find the story of civilian automatic weapons fire hosing the crowd near a burning building. If this continues we will graduate from swords and hunting bows.

spacer.pngCosplay commandos sporting tiny boners await their cue.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mole said:

In less than 12 hours she was scrubbed from the ASO's website as well as all the schools she taught at. Steady orchestra gigs are REALLY hard to come by, so this could be a career ender.

At last MAGA has their George Floyd.

27 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Exactly. Show me a bad union and I'll show you bad management. Always. It's symbiosis. 

On another note, who’s ready to sign up for some gun control???

This has shown cops can’t protect you, rising widespread unrest equals let’s buy some guns. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Because he understands the political science behind why it's never going to happen in America.

If you're trying to say I don't understand how it's rigged to be a 2 party political system, you're wrong. Anything else is a fallacy and/ or a willful practice in acceptance. 

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

This is what I ventured over to here to see if commentary on.  Let's assume a lot of the destruction and looting in various cities was spearheaded by ANTIFA.  I think that's a pretty fair assumption at this point.  What's the strategy?  What is their goal?  Looting/Rioting has a negative impact on race relations and almost certainly helps Trump with moderates.  So seriously, who the fuck is organizing this shit?  They just want to see the world burn?  What a bunch of fucking losers.

Overrated post, in that it is not negged enough. 

Let's not assume shit, Skipper. 

• Like 7