Minneapolis is Burning

F250

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

I'm in. This is where we are at in society that two basketball coaches speak out about what is going on far more often than the damn person trying to unseat Dotard in November. 

At the very least Pop would have us great for 20 straight years and champion country of the world in odd years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Meanwhile, on the call with the governors, SecDef Esper said, "I think the sooner that you mass and dominate the battlespace, the quicker this dissipates and we can get back to the right normal."

There is so much to unpack in this one sentence.

1) "Dominate the Battlespace"?  First off, who fucking says that even when there is a "battlespace."  Second, there's no fucking battlespace.  Philadelphia isn't Falluja.  And if it is Falluja, then the federal government has already lost any claim to legitimacy.

2) "Get back to the right normal" is precisely what the protesters are opposing.  And saying that reflects a fundamental ignorance of what we're dealing with as a country.

I mean, Jesus--where do they find these people?

john birch and federalist societies. 

29 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Sure, buddy. Trump asked for MAGA night at the White House on Saturday and nobody showed up. 

This is the end of the line for him.  He needs to do so research on the Nuremberg Trials and see how "I was only following orders" works out in the end.

• Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, RPM said:

Murdering? That was as clear a case of self defense as I've ever seen. Scurlock attacked him, bar owner told him to get off several times, Scurlock continued to attack him until he got lead poisoning. He brought piss to a gun fight.

Then you haven't seen many cases of self defense.  

If I'm on the street, and I see someone grab for their gun, and start shooting, and then I jump on them, you can make a case for it being self defense. 

If that person I just jumped on says that they feared for their life, and they shot me, they could claim it's self defense. 

And chances are, neither of the cases would yield a conviction, because the standard (in Nebraska) for self defense is so fucking low.  All you need is the killer to believe his life is in danger.  No, strike that.  All a jury needs it to have reasonable doubt whether the killer believed his life was in danger.  It's the Wild West.  

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

Then you haven't seen many cases of self defense.  

If I'm on the street, and I see someone grab for their gun, and start shooting, and then I jump on them, you can make a case for it being self defense. 

If that person I just jumped on says that they feared for their life, and they shot me, they could claim it's self defense. 

And chances are, neither of the cases would yield a conviction, because the standard (in Nebraska) for self defense is so fucking low.  All you need is the killer to believe his life is in danger.  No, strike that.  All a jury needs it to have reasonable doubt whether the killer believed his life was in danger.  It's the Wild West.  

Yeah, Nebraska's self defense statute is insane. A killer's provocation apparently only negates a self defense claim if it can be proven that they provoked the incident with the intent to kill their victim. All any white person in Nebraska has to do to get away with murder is start a fight before shooting their target and tell the cops it simply got out of hand.

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, Nebraska's self defense statute is insane. A killer's provocation apparently only negates a self defense claim if it can be proven that they provoked the incident with the intent to kill their victim. All any white person in Nebraska has to do to get away with murder is start a fight before shooting their target and tell the cops it simply got out of hand.

In January, a judge in Miami tossed out a second-degree murder charge against Greyston Garcia after he chased a suspected burglar for more than a block and stabbed him to death. The judge decided the stabbing was justified because the burglar had swung a bag of stolen car radios at Garcia – an object that a medical examiner at a hearing testified could cause “serious harm or death.” The judge found Garcia was “well within his rights to pursue the victim and demand the return of his property.”

• Fuck You 1

Y'all need to turn on the news. Barr is on the White House lawn staring down protesters behind an army of cops, national guard members, and secret service agents. 

And the president is about to have a speech from the rose garden.

This shit is fucking wild. 

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Y'all need to turn on the news. Barr is on the White House lawn staring down protesters behind an army of cops, national guard members, and secret service agents. 

And the president is about to have a speech from the rose garden.

This shit is fucking wild. 

LMAO, he's the least intimidating human being alive.  He's the fucking baby from Dinosaurs with glasses.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Where I am at on the killing of Scurlock:

- I agree that it is unlikely that a jury would have returned a guilty conviction.  So, on that front, I am forced to agree with County Attorney Don Kleine.  

- The family's attorney (Justin Wayne, a state senator from North Omaha, but acting only as attorney in this situation) is pushing for it to be turned over to a grand jury.  He argues that the decision to charge was rushed, based on the current tensions. I don't know if I agree with that. 

- The press conference was so fucking tone deaf. Kleine repeatedly referred to the deceased as "Spurlock", even after being corrected.  "Say is his name" is a typical chant in the protests, so the dipshit should make an effort to get that right.  Kleine kept talking about the physical damage from the protest, which he would quickly say that it wasn't relevant.  He made it obvious that he didn't really care about the death of James Spurlock.  It's one thing to call it a tragedy, but to say you don't believe there is a winnable case here.  That isn't what he was saying.  He made a point of criticizing politicians who have commented on the case, which of course makes it obvious that he is paying attention to the politics of the case. He also made a point, twice, to say that the decision was coordinated with police detectives and the chief of police, which is just fucking idiotic considering the amount of rage directed at the cops right now, and they're the ones who will be out there tonight.  I didn't know much about Don Kleine two days ago. I now know he is a fucking idiot who shouldn't be in office. 

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

At the very least Pop would have us great for 20 straight years and champion country of the world in odd years. 

Those two basketball coaches though folded like a cheap suit when it came to the Hong Kong uprisings. I do applaud their efforts around domestic policy however would have concerns around their foreign policy decisions. 🙂

I do agree however that either of them would be better than who is in office right now. Of course that list includes an room full of chimpanzees with typewriters so it is a rather exhaustive list.

23 hours ago, Dropout said:

You’re posting on a website that made eat a bag of dicks famous. Cry me a river. Denigrate homosexuals give me a break. Always some tangent. 

Suck a male camel's dick.

Fuck, just spent 2 hours moving anything of value out of my storefront  studio.  A march is going right by my office up good old Main st USA, and then back down thru another old storefront shopping district one street over, and supposedly on to downtown Richmond.

'Businesses along both streets are boarded, or currently being boarded up like a class 5 hurricane is getting ready to blow in.  There has been violence, some looting, fires, and property destruction here for 3 nights. An 8:00 city wide curfew went into effect last night.  

No idea what I'll find tomorrow, but don't really expect anything to have happened, we're sort of at the beginning end of the march.  I saw lots of people in groups heading down to the march route location, 90% white, student, types, many with signs, and lots with masks.  It probably won't get violent (if it does)  till later tonight after the crowd gets good, and worked up.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 2

This shit at the WH with the military police pushing the protesters back using tear gas looks so staged, particularly with an event in the Rose Garden.  Crowd is chanting "Don't Shoot", but they're still pushing people back and firing tear gas.

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

This shit at the WH with the military police pushing the protesters back using tear gas looks so staged, particularly with an event in the Rose Garden.  Crowd is chanting "Don't Shoot", but they're still pushing people back and firing tear gas.

I have heard a lot of people griping about groups of people 1) taking violent action 2) against people/property for no good reason, and harming things protected as a right (like private property rights).

Where is that griping when the people committing violence are cops, and they are doing it against innocent civilians peacefully protesting and exercising their first amendment right?

Interesting.