Minneapolis is Burning

F250

4 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Right on cue, this will be republican rally cry to say see democrats at fault and vote for trump. A lot of people will be swayed by this and go back to him 

Now this is how you do satire. Well done!

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

EZKCczgWkAAHPQw?format=jpg&name=medium

Damn.  And the fact that the police precinct looks like a robocop set piece adds to the feel.

24 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

f44945dcbe291fa8710a26cf3d3e6e35.jpg

This is kind of awesome.  There should be no charges filed if they return it intact.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The whole goddamned country will be on fire before this is done.
And maybe it should be.
We’re living in some dark fucking times.

Remember the days when we usually just read about this 3rd world garbage happening in actual 3rd world countries? 

Well, guess turning the supposedly conservative political branch of a government into a death cult then choosing a maniacal idiot to lead it leads to 3rd world garbage. 

• Like 8

This is the worst goddamn timeline.

Also I’m sure the point has been made, but I could see looting after getting rubber bullets and pepper spray for protesting the murder by police if one of mine, after we just watched cops allow armed civilians protesting about their feelings into the capitol building of a nearby state.

• Like 3

I think we need Tahoe back to start another thread on American exceptionalism.

Huge swaths of morons believing that utter bullshit is a big part of how we ended up here. Like a person having a simultaneous heart attack, stroke, and seizure, hollering “I’ve never felt better! I could run two marathons!” instead of, I dunno, seeking medical attention.

“When the looting starts, the shooting starts,” is a threat coined by Miami Police Chief Walter Headley, who promised violent reprisals on black protesters in 1967. He also said: “We don’t mind being accused of police brutality. They haven’t seen anything yet.”

• Like 5

Not a political post, relevant to this ongoing event with respect to the enhancement of violence by law enforcement

Line in the sand is Judge fucking Dredd issuing street justice for crimes with no judge or jury. Straight to executioner. 

22 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

“When the looting starts, the shooting starts,” is a threat coined by Miami Police Chief Walter Headley, who promised violent reprisals on black protesters in 1967. He also said: “We don’t mind being accused of police brutality. They haven’t seen anything yet.”

I wonder which one of his little sociopaths decided to use that phrase. 

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

He's actively trying to destroy the country.

I took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and defend it against all enemies, foreign or domestic. This motherfucker qualifies.

• Like 2

Not the greatest presser by the mayor. Probably not the worst, either. He's in a tough position. I'm not exactly sure why, when he said a day or so ago that those cops should be charged, they weren't charged. Shouldn't that mean you fire the DA or something? I don't know. 

No one raised the subject directly but it seems to me it boils down to the question of whether gunning down protesters would bring about better results than letting them burn down the police station. And some area businesses. As long as those murderous cops go free, shooting protesters would probably ignite a firestorm. (More than what we've already seen.)

Arrest those pigs already. 

good lord. opened up FB and saw friend going on rant on how all looters need to be killed. WTF people. just unreal how folks cannot understand the situation and that they are just not solving any issues with that awful attitude. also law, bill of rights, and some other things. and things. lord. just brings out teh worst in human beings, this time we are in

• Like 1

1 minute ago, staboner said:

good lord. opened up FB and saw friend going on rant on how all looters need to be killed.

Tell them you agree and that it should start with Trump who is looting us out of tens of millions of our tax dollars in order to pay himself to vacation at his private resorts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Irieguy said:

53 years ago . . . 1967 . . .  now 2020 by a President. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

Because of the clear and shocking video, this ultimately meaningless police procedural fuck-up will probably dominate the news today, taking the story further and further from George Floyd and racial violence by police in general.

5 minutes ago, Bojack said:

If Trump were to tweet out a death sentence this morning for Omar Jimenez and the police dismembered him with a bone saw, would his approval drop below 40%?  Serious question.  

Chuckles.

No.  In fact, to a certain segment of our society, it would increase.  He represents fake news and whatnot.  He would have deserved it, they say.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Because of the clear and shocking video, this ultimately meaningless police procedural fuck-up will probably dominate the news today, taking the story further and further from George Floyd and racial violence by police in general.

Fuck all cops.  I wouldn't piss on a cop if they were on fire.  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

CNN loves that shit, regardless of how unnecessary and stupid it was to arrest them. Time to call the military in.  Can’t let these “protestors” continue to burn and loot buildings and properties owned by people/businesses who have nothing to do with the police.  I’m actually ok with them burning police stations and throwing bricks at police cars.  The police have lost control of that city.  And why the fuck haven’t the four cops been arrested yet? Fuck the police. 

• Like 1