Minneapolis is Burning

F250

22 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

There’s no fight- she told the out of state national guard to go home. There’s no state of emergency and no authority for them to be in our streets. He should go ahead and try to invoke the Insurrection Act when there have been 0 protest arrests in 2 days

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Countdown until the Trump Administration claims that the streets around the White House must be kept clear for National Security reasons?  

I give it 3 hours.  

Trump voters have to be incredibly proud right now for the bravery and leadership being demonstrated by their President.  What a bold man.  

“Trump voters have to be incredibly proud right now for the bravery and leadership being demonstrated by their President.  What a bold little man.”

Edited by Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Keebler Klansman’s jimmies are rustled.

Lying piece of shit. He spreads the false image of this demonstration and what it strives for. He joins his ex dominatrump in spreading a lie. He had an opportunity to separate himself from the cult, but he dives back in.

The criminal conspiracy that they're afraid of coming to light must be devastating.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

PSST, cops:  there are cameras everywhere.

that's what kills me about all of this. these jackboots see their comrades getting jailed or losing their jobs and they're just like fuck it, let the cameras roll! Have they no self-awareness, even if they don't outward awareness? Seems like terrible survival instincts.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There are no words.

there are actually words. they are on his work truck right there. not gonna be hard to identify this dude.

1) you're not wearing a mask

2) you are driving a labeled work truck, presumably on the job

3) good job, dummy. you're gonna not only get your dumb angry ass fired, you're probably going to state prison for a time.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
23 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There are no good apples.

If only those 57 officers had picked a decent issue over which to resign.  You guys picked today to grow spines?  The brutal assault of an elderly citizen, that's the day you decided to take a stand?  Jesus, what the fuck are you guys gonna do when something "awful" happens?  You already played your resignation card.  What's next?  

Also, I don't know what's more backwards in McAllen right now.  That racist psycho with a chainsaw or the store selling cassette tapes?  I wouldn't even know where to buy a cassette tape player, but I bet the crazy guy with the chainsaw knows.  

Edited by Lobo

22 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

just a few bad apples, though, right?

this one always bugged me in a similar manner to "go get your shinebox" bothers me. people use that expression to try to own people online, but conveniently forget that the dude who said it gets stomped, shoved in a trunk and stabbed to death. it didn't exactly end well for old billy batts, who really was a raging asshole to begin with.

the full saying is actually "a few bad apples spoil the entire barrel" - and that means that the hypothetical "few bad apples" actually do spoil the entirety of the police. 

• Like 4

This is so incredibly sad to watch. A pandemic with no end in sight and a populace that is fed up with black men being killed by the police for no reason. The response from the police is not unexpected, but this is not the America I grew up believing in. Protesters should be able to have their voice heard without getting gassed or beaten. This is some 3rd world awfulness going on. We are in some real deep shit and we don't have a way out of this anytime soon. 

Sadly this is the country you we grew up in, just the veneer of civility and rights has been exposed and our naivety diminished.

Guest Lobo
10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

just a few bad apples, though, right?

this one always bugged me in a similar manner to "go get your shinebox" bothers me. people use that expression to try to own people online, but conveniently forget that the dude who said it gets stomped, shoved in a trunk and stabbed to death. it didn't exactly end well for old billy batts, who really was a raging asshole to begin with.

the full saying is actually "a few bad apples spoil the entire barrel" - and that means that the hypothetical "few bad apples" actually do spoil the entirety of the police. 

hey Jimmy, what's right is right.

1 hour ago, AbeFroman said:

I took it as he’s threatening to bring in the regular army if the guard doesn’t have a place to stay.  Of course he completely ignores the constitution and the 3rd amendment.

Never in my life did I think I'd live to see an invocation of the Third Amendment....But then I never thought Lou Gehrig's record would be broken either...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He is still mad.

28 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Lying piece of shit. He spreads the false image of this demonstration and what it strives for. He joins his ex dominatrump in spreading a lie. He had an opportunity to separate himself from the cult, but he dives back in.

The criminal conspiracy that they're afraid of coming to light must be devastating.

You might say he is a "proud boy" of his efforts at returning America to an earlier time and place. It's also personal with those two, she was stopped by Mitch McConnell during Session's hearing (nevertheless she persisted) and officially rebuked.

He's in limboland and trying to Wile E. Coyote his way back to terra firma but Warren and the American people keep making him look down to see the air under his feet.

46 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

there are actually words. they are on his work truck right there. not gonna be hard to identify this dude.

1) you're not wearing a mask

2) you are driving a labeled work truck, presumably on the job

3) good job, dummy. you're gonna not only get your dumb angry ass fired, you're probably going to state prison for a time.

Yup, Yelpsters already on his ass:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/delta-specialties-supply-edinburg?osq=delta

Guest Lobo
14 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Never in my life did I think I'd live to see an invocation of the Third Amendment....But then I never thought Lou Gehrig's record would be broken either...

Yeah, I didn't think Stephen Hawking would live that long either.  

Speaking of Third Amendment.  Go back and watch Mulaney's standup from SNL just a few months ago.  so prescient.  If pressed for time, skip to the 5:00 mark.  It's the funniest bit on the Third Amendment you're ever gonna hear.  And yes, the only one:

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Is there a more eloquent statement about where cop priorities lie?

Right or wrong, back the blue. Anybody not in blue is an enemy.

One night in Houston, the cops beat the shit out of my brother who was, no doubt giving them verbal hell. The report said that my brother had gone for an officer's gun. That's absurd.

When my brother was in jail, he heard some of the police laughing their asses off because they had arrested a Century Club member with a "proud to back the blue" sticker. They thought it was hilarious. I think they beat the crap out of that guy, too.

These cops out to be dismissed from service the moment they don't show up for work. If they do show up for work, they should have to take mandatory training on exercising restraint in the use of force and another course about how it's their duty to arrest other cops who break the law.

Then bust them and put them on the beat.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is there a more eloquent statement about where cop priorities lie?

Right or wrong, back the blue. Anybody not in blue is an enemy.

One night in Houston, the cops beat the shit out of my brother who was, no doubt giving them verbal hell. The report said that my brother had gone for an officer's gun. That's absurd.

When my brother was in jail, he heard some of the police laughing their asses off because they had arrested a Century Club member with a "proud to back the blue" sticker. They thought it was hilarious. I think they beat the crap out of that guy, too.

These cops out to be dismissed from service the moment they don't show up for work. If they do show up for work, they should have to take mandatory training on exercising restraint in the use of force and another course about how it's their duty to arrest other cops who break the law.

Then bust them and put them on the beat.

They should also test every one of them for steroids. I guarantee you there's more steroids in the average cop locker room than all the SEC schools combined. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AbeFroman said:

I’d like to see somebody roll up there with a nice size portable grill.  Throw some steaks on there, some chicken. Wrap up some baked potatoes.  Get it on.  Big cooler of cold beer shiiit.

Hell I’m getting hungry

image.thumb.png.bd56537e06d747bc11fd09f28da4f9c1.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

At times like this I wish Surly had a little "this post makes me sad and almost cry but I'm not negging you" option.  Because the emoticon (or icon or whatever) that has tears in its eyes that acts as a "neg" is how things like this make me feel.  

• Like 2

Goddamn this man.  As a non-believer, I often wish I could buy into a horrible afterlife for evil doers.

Trump Shushes Black Reporter Asking What He’s Doing About Systemic Racism

During a rambling news conference in which he took a victory lap over last month’s surprising jobs report, President Donald Trump shushed a black reporter for asking how he plans to address systemic racism amid the George Floyd protests.

As Trump prepared to sign a PPP reform bill, PBS correspondent Yamiche Alcindor wondered why the president didn’t have a racial inequality-related plan laid out, prompting Trump to put a finger to his lips as he said “shhh.”

Trump later said his plan was to have “the strongest economy in the world” as it would be the “greatest thing that can happen for race relations,” causing Alcindor to shout out that the unemployment rate actually went up for African-Americans and Asian-Americans. “How is that a victory?” Alcindor asked.

Trump, dismissively waved off the White House reporter’s question, derisively adding: “You are something.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-shushes-yamiche-alcindor-for-asking-what-hes-doing-about-systemic-racism