Minneapolis is Burning

F250

21 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

At times like this I wish Surly had a little "this post makes me sad and almost cry but I'm not negging you" option.  Because the emoticon (or icon or whatever) that has tears in its eyes that acts as a "neg" is how things like this make me feel.  

I wish it had broken out the "not aggressively enough" cohort because that's the number I'd really like to see. That's your Fascist Quotient. The others are sheep or perhaps overthinking things. 

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This reply is about as perfect as it gets:

EZx1UXcWkAIJIhp?format=jpg&name=small

You know, I get it that people need to be cool and funny on the tweeters but I wish they would give death to the rule of law a little respect and dignity to those that are standing up to the assholes. 

This isn’t a God damn joke. 

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

You know, I get it that people need to be cool and funny on the tweeters but I wish they would give death to the rule of law a little respect and dignity to those that are standing up to the assholes. 

This isn’t a God damn joke. 

Wait.....are you mad at the dude taunting the cops with the imperial death march?  Because, umm, mocking satire is one of the oldest forms of protest there is.  It's like those guys who follow the white supremacists around playing embarrassing tuba music.  It's a perfectly legit form of protest.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait.....are you mad at the dude taunting the cops with the imperial death march?  Because, umm, mocking satire is one of the oldest forms of protest there is.  It's like those guys who follow the white supremacists around playing embarrassing tuba music.  It's a perfectly legit form of protest.

Not when the other side is shooting you in the face with flash grenades. 

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Lying piece of shit. He spreads the false image of this demonstration and what it strives for. He joins his ex dominatrump in spreading a lie. He had an opportunity to separate himself from the cult, but he dives back in.

The criminal conspiracy that they're afraid of coming to light must be devastating.

To be fair, Sessions was a toughoncrime chickenshit demagogue long before Trump came on the scene.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not when the other side is shooting you in the face with flash grenades. 

There are mutiple valid ways to protest/state grievances.  Some people rage, some weep, some march, some stand silently, some mock.  All work, and to each his own.  It doesn't fail to acknowledge the solemnity of the issue -- it addresses it in a very human way.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There are mutiple valid ways to protest/state grievances.  Some people rage, some weep, some march, some stand silently, some mock.  All work, and to each his own.  It doesn't fail to acknowledge the solemnity of the issue -- it addresses it in a very human way.

When the other team is trying to play cutsies in the tweeterbixpages then it feels a bit contrived.  

I wasn’t around back then, but I don’t recall MLK trying to troll the rednecks with the equivalent of stupid memes back during the civil rights movement. 

3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

he looks and sounds Hispanic to me

Sure, but as Bruh Man rightfully points, white folks haven't cornered the market on racism.  Regardless of whether he's calling folks n------s or pendejos, that's a racist piece of shit that has fully bought into the Fox News fear tactics.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

When the other team is trying to play cutsies in the tweeterbixpages then it feels a bit contrived.  

I wasn’t around back then, but I don’t recall MLK trying to troll the rednecks with the equivalent of stupid memes back during the civil rights movement. 

There have been mocking protests -- like editorial cartoons -- since the beginning of time.  And I think calling out cops with a reference to them being stormtroopers is directly on point.  Use every medium, every possible way of communicating your point.  MLK was a serious man.  Editorial cartoonists at the time were not:

5712865.jpg?316

5 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Sure, but as Bruh Man rightfully points, white folks haven't cornered the market on racism.  Regardless of whether he's calling folks n------s or pendejos, that's a racist piece of shit that has fully bought into the Fox News fear tactics.

I couldn't agree more. Racism comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. I'm white and I've had racists slurs directed at me. It happens

9 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Skin color/racial heritage was as almsot as big a deal in Latin America as it was in the United States. 

Casta - Wikipedia

It's a big deal today in Puerto Rice where they have to have a huge campaign to even get people to admit that they are in fact black on the census.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 2

Guest Lobo
55 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

This posted yet?3cbc1bc810f4ae36dcbdf5575cfd3cd6.jpg

Is "Florida:  Letting non-resident racists AND Officer Chauvin vote by mail since..." gonna fit on their new license plates?  

and according to that painted race chart above, I'm the product of a Chinese Person and Native American.  But I am packing the only weapon in the whole mural, so be warned! 

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo

^

So we're literally at a point in American history where a random dog is more vocal on racial issues than our President?  

9 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

maybe Drew Brees is just a stupid, ignorant motherfucker with a big ugly, hairy mole on his face. What an assclown. No defense for that guy

Lulz. The president has said much worse today, this week and every week of his presidency. Plenty of defense for that guy though. 

Edited by 4th&Five

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean....this is what I went round and round with Baba Yaga on the Daily Texan thread about.  If the vast majority of cops are really good guys....then why whenever they have the opportunity to do the right thing or the wrong thing as a group....do they choose the wrong thing?

One bad apple pushed the old man down.  Another bad apple stopped the one cop who FLIRTED with doing the right thing (rendering aid) from doing so.  They all walked by a bleeding 75 year old man.  That's bad.  But now that the two bad actors have been disciplined for what was obviously uncalled for violent force.....FIFTY FUCKING SEVEN COPS UNANIMOUSLY side wiht them over the people.  

THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE.  ALL OF THEM.  I mean, what are the odds that out of 57 cops, not ONE would do the right thing?  I mean, that's really bad luck for those of us who would contend "but most of them are good!"  If most cops are good, what are the odds of all 57 cops involved with an incident being among the few bad ones?  The math on that has to be amazing.

Great--now we know who they are.  Let them enlist or sack groceries in Buffalo.  I can guarantee you they can't find paying jobs in Buffalo or they would have.  Congrats, former officers, now move.  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

^

So we're literally at a point in American history where a random dog is more vocal on racial issues than our President?  

Never met a dog that wasn't smarter than our president.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Goddamn this man.  As a non-believer, I often wish I could buy into a horrible afterlife for evil doers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-shushes-yamiche-alcindor-for-asking-what-hes-doing-about-systemic-racism

She deserves some sort of trophy for all the shit she has to put up with from that asshole. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

I couldn't agree more. Racism comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. I'm white and I've had racists slurs directed at me. It happens

It must really hurt the way it reminds you of your people's history of owning land and people. Totally the same thing. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Maria reads Drew Brees for filth.

lulz, the did a double prep for the finger wag, and the hair flip underlined that she was done fucking around yall, so you'd best shut up and sit down

Edited by hayden_horn

Guest Lobo

^

those guys are operators.  Not the fat dipshits from earlier this week.  This isn't good.  Only good news is those guys keep their cool a lot better in sticky situations than the Guard, police, staties, et. al.  

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Post Oak said:

Before they haul this maniac off can someone how he gets his chainsaw to start on the first pull?

"You have to prime it, you know."

"The riot?"

"No, the Chainsaw."  

10 hours ago, freyguy said:

Seems like most of these cops have no idea what the fuck they are doing out there in all that riot gear.  They're scared, incompetent, and have no training whatsoever to lean on except for "shoot & beat".

Over decades that has become their training. They are taught to be oppressive. 

7 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Over decades that has become their training. They are taught to be oppressive. 

They're there to break up the crowd--not crowd control.  They didn't train for this in bootcamp.  

Edited by Mdhorn

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

There have been mocking protests -- like editorial cartoons -- since the beginning of time.  And I think calling out cops with a reference to them being stormtroopers is directly on point.  Use every medium, every possible way of communicating your point.  MLK was a serious man.  Editorial cartoonists at the time were not:

5712865.jpg?316

Just saying dotard’s oh so cherished “ratings” never budged all that much for 3.5 years even when the economy was crashing and there were plenty of snarky memes during that time.  But once shit started burning down and the likes of the Lincoln Project started exposing and magnifying the evil instead of making light of it, well then we finally start to see a crack in the support.

I think it’s fine to make fun of dotard’s stupidity and blunders.  But armed forces cracking American citizen skulls is not the time to break out the Curb your Enthusiasm or other stupid “clap backs”.