Minneapolis is Burning

F250

I have some sympathy for him in this situation, but I also love to see a politician get his feet held to the fire.
I feel ya...he was in tough spot and it's not a simple yes or no. I'm sure he will be all for reform and demilitarization of the police but you still need to fund the police as a mayor of a major city. If the question was reducing the budget of police that would most likely get a yes in front of the crowd.

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

-No stamps or postmarks
-No addresses

And check out the handwriting.

0eccc614117ad6f1f0c3465b1a51ba45.jpg

Handwriting #1

f487d39e4652e05fa92696a0f2d7f704.jpg
e405d2cf1ccd8d908c1a0256c2e72f55.jpg

Handwriting #2

931f8ce64c755d756be74e361d1bcd55.jpg

21d1a04074cfbb4a2a74abad8760b57c.jpg
9dc71b96b4d7bfb115e02ed7f0f4e515.jpg
b4738a1aa933499a83a40deb5a33102c.jpg

Cops truly do think we are as dumb as they are.

"I'm no detective, but none of those cards have stamps on the envelopes." 

Officer:  "Well, most of them were dropped off here to directly to APD headquarters."

"Again...I'm not the brilliant detective working the Mike Ramos case sir.....but you think that many women (and I'm judging handwriting here, so sue me) rolled up to the epicenter of the most violent clashes for 200 miles in any direction to give you a greeting card?  That seems plausible to you?  No parking anywhere around here for security reasons, 100 armed police, 500 angry protestors, even some easily rattled horses, this many citizens went through all that for you to have a Hallmark moment?  That's what you're going with as the story?  Okay.  I guess we're not gonna get into how the cards get inside the building since you're not currently allowing civilians to enter---again, for security reasons.  I'm guessing every night on TV, I just miss the giant sign by the front door that says, 'Place Greeting Cars Here'?"  

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

-No stamps or postmarks
-No addresses

Handwriting #1

Handwriting #2

Post it to the wives and the stupid shit they do thread. 

9 hours ago, mchookem said:

my niece has also been going down to APD regularly since last friday. she got pepper sprayed last weekend but i think it's been calmer since monday or so. she's ended up with a microphone a few times even. 

she's supposedly wearing her mask regular...but i do make her sit in the backseat with it on when i drop her off down there...as i blast RATM with all my windows open to show my support lol 😊

god bless these kids

My daughter, too, and she’ll be out there today again. It scares the shit out of me. All I can think about is Brad Ayala getting his hair parted by a sniper just standing by himself on the embankment, watching. Which is of a piece with what she’s down there to help stop.

I’m very proud of her, but that’s my baby.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No sexism, FYI. It looks like women’s handwriting and seems like something the cop wife clique would try to pull of. 

I didn't take it as such; it has the appearance of that or something like it. Five people sitting around a table with boxes of cards so that each officer has one. The phrase that I found troubling in the photo was the "thank you for your service."

Left off the "protect" part. Let's see: Human Capital Stock--fire rubber, less lethal weaponry and toss gas canisters. Actual Replaceable Stock--this matters, you thugs!!

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

My daughter, too, and she’ll be out there today again. It scares the shit out of me. All I can think about is Brad Ayala getting his hair parted by a sniper just standing by himself on the embankment, watching. Which is of a piece with what she’s down there to help stop.

I’m very proud of her, but that’s my baby.

No kidding. My oldest and the roomies were traveling to downtown LA all this week but after one go round, she decided to pull back and go to one in a less congested area. The emotions as a parent are so mixed right now. As Mr. Rogers stated, "you were loved into being and we want what's best for you." When they are little, the phrase is a little easier, but when they are young adults, they determine the best for themselves but the first part of his phrase is forever. I try and keep that in mind, but I sure do welcome her voice when she calls.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I see he’s trying to downplay the scope of this movement. He has no desire to affect anything resembling positive change for minorities in this country. He views millions of peaceful protesters marching for a better life as his enemy.

It's not just that IMO. He has a very real very tangible sadistic cruel streak. I believe there are others in his Administration who share that sentiment and stand by and let it happen or neutralize those (who haven't already been fired) who would speak up. The violence and cruelty are how he feels powerful. It's how most bullies and cowards behave.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Think about Bolton whose self-serving actions betrayed his own cowardice. Where is he right now? He's been rendered useless. Should have stood up for his country when he had the opportunity.

25 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It's not just that IMO. He has a very real very tangible sadistic cruel streak. I believe there are others in his Administration who share that sentiment and stand by and let it happen or neutralize those (who haven't already been fired) who would speak up. The violence and cruelty are how he feels powerful. It's how most bullies and cowards behave.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Think about Bolton whose self-serving actions betrayed his own cowardice. Where is he right now? He's been rendered useless. Should have stood up for his country when he had the opportunity.

Don't forget the safe space required for which to operate (gassing protesters) and the fortification of where he rests his head at night. 

Also, listening to the DC mayor on This Week was disgusting and she needs the same treatment that that mayor in Minneapolis received. 

12 hours ago, 406W30th said:

I have some sympathy for him in this situation, but I also love to see a politician get his feet held to the fire.

He's been mayor since January of 2018, and Minneapolis's police problems predate that.  Since his election what all has he done to address them?  I don't know, but one hopes it has been a big priority for him.

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

-No stamps or postmarks
-No addresses

Handwriting #1

Handwriting #2

jfc that's just embarrassing 🙄

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

No kidding. My oldest and the roomies were traveling to downtown LA all this week but after one go round, she decided to pull back and go to one in a less congested area. The emotions as a parent are so mixed right now. As Mr. Rogers stated, "you were loved into being and we want what's best for you." When they are little, the phrase is a little easier, but when they are young adults, they determine the best for themselves but the first part of his phrase is forever. I try and keep that in mind, but I sure do welcome her voice when she calls.

If there is one good thing that comes out of all of this, it's that fewer Americans trust the police. 

Trust is the enemy of quality control.  You will not adequately check someone's work if you start with the premise of trusting them.  The biggest obstacle to any real change to police brutality and systematic racism is Americans who have decided the cops must be in right unless there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. 

• Like 3

Both you and Bozo should be so damned proud of your kids. Young people who are willing to take action, on behalf of the greater community and at risk of their own safety?

You’ve done right by them. And now, they do right for us all. Thank you.
  • Like 1

I believe there are a lot of youth out there who work to make our world a better place. The extroverts and the introverts, the leaders and the followers, they have a lot to give of themselves and they do. In ways large and small they make a difference and they give me hope. As parents, we have tried to give them hope as well. My husband likes to recall Spielberg's Schindler's List once in a while--that even a mercenary reprobate can choose the path towards the extraordinary and courageous.

Thank you for your kind words, Brisket.

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

"I'm no detective, but none of those cards have stamps on the envelopes." 

Officer:  "Well, most of them were dropped off here to directly to APD headquarters."

"Again...I'm not the brilliant detective working the Mike Ramos case sir.....but you think that many women (and I'm judging handwriting here, so sue me) rolled up to the epicenter of the most violent clashes for 200 miles in any direction to give you a greeting card?  That seems plausible to you?  No parking anywhere around here for security reasons, 100 armed police, 500 angry protestors, even some easily rattled horses, this many citizens went through all that for you to have a Hallmark moment?  That's what you're going with as the story?  Okay.  I guess we're not gonna get into how the cards get inside the building since you're not currently allowing civilians to enter---again, for security reasons.  I'm guessing every night on TV, I just miss the giant sign by the front door that says, 'Place Greeting Cars Here'?"  

Lol,  It sure doesn’t take a handwriting expert to look at that picture and tell they were all written by the same 3 or 4 people.

This is too easy and too good for them not to called out publicly on.

Guest Lobo
19 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Lol,  It sure doesn’t take a handwriting expert to look at that picture and tell they were all written by the same 3 or 4 people.

This is too easy and too good for them not to called out publicly on.

Somewhere in Austin right now, the Forensic Handwriting Expert (the "Nerd Dexter") is getting handed a termination notice with, "Two Weeks Away from Your Pension" written in really nice calligraphy.  

Never heard of this story of Elijah McClain. 23 yr old black man killed by Aurora Police a few months ago while walking home. Dude would spent his free time playing music for homeless kittens.

Video of part of the incident is below. One of the cops is caught on camera telling another cop to cover their body camera. Nobody charged, nobody suspended, all officers still on the job. 

EZ3jcXTWAAIw21N?format=png&name=medium

Video of the incident:

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Like 8