Minneapolis is Burning

F250

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

So keeping the country as shut down as possible could/would have a political motivation?

You don’t say?!?🤪

What you call political I call necessary improvement. This is one of the most oppressive industrialized first world countries on the planet and it's damn time we fucking change that. 

Piece of shit racist bigots like you will stand in the way but it needs to happen. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I’m only sad that got cut off before he was done. That was awesome!

I ended up going down a rat hole on this. Gary Chambers Jr is the shit. Spent the last hour watching his videos, this guy needs more air time. @garychambersjr on Twitter and Instagram

Do good, seek justice, keep moving. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I ended up going down a rat hole on this. Gary Chambers Jr is the shit. Spent the last hour watching his videos, this guy needs more air time. @garychambersjr on Twitter and Instagram

Do good, seek justice, keep moving. 

His twitter is pretty dead, last post in Feb 19.  

Every American (with a spine) should wear an "I Can't Breathe" t-shirt to the polls on Election Day.  As long as it doesn't have a candidate's name or logo on it, it's perfectly legal.  

How could you arrest that many tens of millions of people spread across tens of thousands of polling places?  

Literally arresting political opponents on the street in broad daylight.  Heinrich Mueller had the decency to discretely round you up at your home at night.  

33 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Every American (with a spine) should wear an "I Can't Breathe" t-shirt to the polls on Election Day.  As long as it doesn't have a candidate's name or logo on it, it's perfectly legal.  

How could you arrest that many tens of millions of people spread across tens of thousands of polling places?  

Literally arresting political opponents on the street in broad daylight.  Heinrich Mueller had the decency to discretely round you up at your home at night.  

spacer.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

What you call political I call necessary improvement. This is one of the most oppressive industrialized first world countries on the planet and it's damn time we fucking change that. 

Piece of shit racist bigots like you will stand in the way but it needs to happen. 

Yes. We are extremely oppressed and racist here. Especially compared to our betters like yourself from Western Europe. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/12/racism-english-football-parks-premier-league-special-investigation

GMAFB. 

Please don’t clutch your pearls too tight, Guvnah. Might break them. 

45 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

The neighbors had a light that was shining into his house so he tore down his own fence as retribution.  He also became an aggy hero.

Ha, I forgot how it started, just remember the fence. Akita something, right? And then it led to a hilariously awkward party at his house involving suspicious-looking sausage?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

The neighbors had a light that was shining into his house so he tore down his own fence as retribution.  He also became an aggy hero.

That’s Akita41 from Texags. The neighbor was thought (incorrectly, it turns out) to be a Longhorn, and before the fence was torn down he painted “Whorn Fence” on it. 
Later, he confronted the neighbor, who had recently been laid off. He then rebuilt the fence and held a “whorn fence BBQ” that 3 people from Texags showed up to, much along the lines of a shaggy Houston happy hour, but one of them made a tribute video which is now private. 

plot twist: he claimed to be a Nebraska grad, but t-shirt ag. 

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That’s Akita41 from Texags. The neighbor was thought (incorrectly, it turns out) to be a Longhorn, and before the fence was torn down he painted “Whorn Fence” on it. 
Later, he confronted the neighbor, who had recently been laid off. He then rebuilt the fence and held a “whorn fence BBQ” that 3 people from Texags showed up to, much along the lines of a shaggy Houston happy hour, but one of them made a tribute video which is now private. 

I saw that video.  

I laughed and laughed.

• Like 1

Yes. We are extremely oppressed and racist here. Especially compared to our betters like yourself from Western Europe. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/12/racism-english-football-parks-premier-league-special-investigation

GMAFB. 

Please don’t clutch your pearls too tight, Guvnah. Might break them. 

“Hey guys, if someone else is super, duper shitty, that totally means that your super shiftiness is now wiped clean! That’s the way it works!”
GR has never met a logical fallacy he didn’t like.
I look forward to hearing his defense of a serial rapist charged with 10 rapes - “hey, this other guy raped TWENTY women, so the 10 rape guy is all good.”
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I look forward to hearing his defense of a serial rapist charged with 10 rapes - “hey, this other guy raped TWENTY women, so the 10 rape guy is all good.”

Wait- He's a Baylor grad?

Tribute videos are universally horrifying but that one must be the worst

11 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Don't worry about him. He thinks it's funny because he actually thinks that the leftists are keeping the country shut down unnecessarily while the GOP controls the White House, the Senate, and the vast majority of Governorships in the country. 

Apparently he needs to vote for Republicans because if he doesn't then liberals will run the entire nation. Pay no attention to the fact that he believes they run the entire nation even when the GOP is in charge. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

“Hey guys, if someone else is super, duper shitty, that totally means that your super shiftiness is now wiped clean! That’s the way it works!”
GR has never met a logical fallacy he didn’t like.

I was admittedly triggered by a Brit living here, raging about how this is such an oppressive country. It’s a narrative often picked up by media and the Left about how our country is so backwards, but compared to most of the places these people fawn over, we’re doing well. It doesn’t mean we don’t need to do better, but maybe Wanker should sit this one out. Or spend more time listening or whatever.  

We have a lot of things to improve on with our society, but there are reasons that people like Wanker look to come here. 

On 6/16/2020 at 2:32 PM, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  Nevermind the racebaiting bullshit.  What offends me most is the abject fucking stupidity.  The video is actually a good example of the kind of situation that most people in this discussion would say "THAT'S what you need police for."  In an incident of real-time physical violence, you need the cops.  That's the fucking point -- we want police for things like this.....NOT for a jillion other calls that are NOT like this.

So, racist AND stupid and shitty at logical reasoning....that's what makes any effort at conversation with the right these days exhausting.  There's just so little intent or effort at intellectual honesty or good-faith discussion.  It's just not fucking worth it.

Even so, it's not like the cops are going to stop that beating.  The most they'd do is arrest the perp, which can be done whether they arrive on scene or later, with or without the video.

5 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I was admittedly triggered by a Brit living here, raging about how this is such an oppressive country. It’s a narrative often picked up by media and the Left about how our country is so backwards, but compared to most of the places these people fawn over, we’re doing well. It doesn’t mean we don’t need to do better, but maybe Wanker should sit this one out. Or spend more time listening or whatever.  

We have a lot of things to improve on with our society, but there are reasons that people like Wanker look to come here. 

I get the impression you don't travel outside the country very often

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GRHorn said:

The reason our country is so backwards is because of the type of person you pretend to be on this site.

• Like 6

This article is from March so it may have already been discussed somewhere on the board, but I just saw this today on Reddit.

Amazing.  Even when they decide not to kill you, they have no problems planting drugs in your car and ruining your life.

This guy plead guilty 2 years ago to a possession charge to stay out of jail, and then video finally surfaces from the bodycam of the cop showing him planting it in the car.  This shit is infuriating.  And it was the second time he was caught doing it.  Every single possession charge this cop and his partner have ever given should be thrown out and he should be in jail.  So many bad apples.  Too many to count. 

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/18/nypd-misconduct-body-cameras-marijuana/

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Cops are scum.

It's just what it is.

Conversations with my 5 year old.

Son, don't ever call the cops. 

If you need help, find a fireman. They will help you, probably won't shoot you. 

Dad, but how do I know that the firemen aren't also bad?

Son, just trust me on this one.  If you ever need help, find a fireman. 

• Like 3

On 6/20/2020 at 1:32 PM, Lobo said:

Are you sure that's the legal standard?

12 hours ago, Tom said:

This article is from March so it may have already been discussed somewhere on the board, but I just saw this today on Reddit.

Amazing.  Even when they decide not to kill you, they have no problems planting drugs in your car and ruining your life.

This guy plead guilty 2 years ago to a possession charge to stay out of jail, and then video finally surfaces from the bodycam of the cop showing him planting it in the car.  This shit is infuriating.  And it was the second time he was caught doing it.  Every single possession charge this cop and his partner have ever given should be thrown out and he should be in jail.  So many bad apples.  Too many to count. 

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/18/nypd-misconduct-body-cameras-marijuana/

Why’s really infuriating is it’s almost a certainty that this SCOTUS would hold that those cops didn’t know they were violating his rights and thus can’t be held civilly liable.

13 hours ago, Tom said:

... Even when they decide not to kill you, they have no problems planting drugs in your car and ruining your life....

How many Gerald Goines are there in police departments around the country?  I figure bare minimum at least one in every major metro area.  Realistically, I suspect more than that.  The system isn't going to root them out.  The system needs structural change before that will happen.  Every time I read a news bit about someone advocating "more training" as a solution, I get mad.  The speaker doesn't get it.  The media promoting that message doesn't get it.  There is more going on here than just "bad apple incidents of racist rage".

9 minutes ago, bernorange said:

How many Gerald Goines are there in police departments around the country?  I figure bare minimum at least one in every major metro area.  Realistically, I suspect more than that.  The system isn't going to root them out.  The system needs structural change before that will happen.  Every time I read a news bit about someone advocating "more training" as a solution, I get mad.  The speaker doesn't get it.  The media promoting that message doesn't get it.  There is more going on here than just "bad apple incidents of racist rage".

It's probably closer to hundreds than one.

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Are you sure that's the legal standard?

No, and I'm also sure I was paraphrasing.  There's a litany of laws regarding election day polling places.  My Randall's has this clear line of demarkation on Election Day where you'll see hundreds of campaign signs all lined up on top of each other and then they suddenly stop.  In addition, there's also a perpendicular line of people as you enter all shouting for different candidates and different propositions at you as you enter.  And then it all stops.  Beyond that point, nobody-not a volunteer, not a voter, can carry any signage, cannot adorn themselves in anything with a candidates name, logo, or even slogan.  There are 1000 laws that say what you can and cannot do at a polling place on Election Day, down to the distance at which you have to stop doing them before you ever get into a polling place.  None of them say you cannot wear a shirt or a face mask with the unofficial slogan of an unofficial group that has no PAC, no candidates on any ballot, and no claim to three random words in that order.  Official campaign mottos/slogans are off-limits because they belong to a person on a ballot and/or a political party with other candidates on the ballot.  "I can't breathe" isn't running anybody for State Senate this year.  

If somebody got wise, a million face masks with "I Can't Breathe" printed on the outside instead to be worn on election day would be awfully powerful, and near as I can tell---perfectly legal.  

lol

I’m no detective but -

1 - That thing is very obviously NOT a tampon.
2 - After reading all the facts, the cop was not in uniform.
3 - BUT cop says he used his police union credit card to pay so that’s how the Starbucks people knew he was a cop.
4 - This “happened” at a Starbucks inside a Target.
5 - When is the last time you handed your debit or credit card to a cashier?
6 - Target has released a statement saying they saw zilch on the security footage and have turned the footage over to law enforcement.

Lesson? STOP BELIEVING LYING ASS COPS
  • Like 1

lol

I’m no detective but -

1 - That thing is very obviously NOT a tampon.
2 - After reading all the facts, the cop was not in uniform.
3 - BUT cop says he used his police union credit card to pay so that’s how the Starbucks people knew he was a cop.
4 - This “happened” at a Starbucks inside a Target.
5 - When is the last time you handed your debit or credit card to a cashier?
6 - Target has released a statement saying they saw zilch on the security footage and have turned the footage over to law enforcement.

Lesson? STOP BELIEVING LYING ASS COPS

Did he go to the one Starbucks where you don’t swipe the card yourself?