HBO Max streaming service

Saint Austin

9 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Am I supposed to be shocked by Class Action Park? It looks fucking awesome. And not much crazier than Schlitterbahn in the late 80s.

I wouldn't say shocked, but you couldn't get away with that shit today.

On 11/28/2020 at 10:32 PM, htown85 said:

The Industry is pretty good. Not great, but entertaining. Seeing a big city fast paced show based on an office lifestyle really makes you long for the non-pandemic world, even if it is dramatized.

Industry is mildly entertaining. The chick who plays Yasmin is so in my wheelhouse - well to do Spanish/Middle Eastern with an English accent. sme pretty hot scenes with her too.

I will look forward to season 2.

Yasmin | Pressroom

On 12/4/2020 at 11:39 PM, Enchubben said:

Loved industry. Lots of great sex scenes, tons of boners had.  

I've watched two episodes and there's a lot more male nudity (NTTAWT) than female.  I've seen three dicks in addition to a cumshot on one guy's chest.  Not thinking this is my wheelhouse.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Came here looking for some reviews. Just started it last night and honestly had no idea what to expect. Only 2 episodes in but liking it so far. 

Hey a drunk, cray, dtf Kaley Cuoco is nothing to overlook. Worth watching (in your bunk if required).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I've watched two episodes and there's a lot more male nudity (NTTAWT) than female.  I've seen three dicks in addition to a cumshot on one guy's chest.  Not thinking this is my wheelhouse.

The rest of us fast forward through those parts. but no judgment here, you do you. 

On 12/22/2020 at 12:02 PM, RPM said:

Hey a drunk, cray, dtf Kaley Cuoco is nothing to overlook. Worth watching (in your bunk if required).

We watched it all over the past two days.  Enjoyable.  Not going to make my Top 10 list of the year.  With all the pussy that Kaley is throwing around on the show, wish they would at least show some nudity. 

Shocked that Rosie Perez didn't have her annoying accent.  Her husband on the show was one of the bad guy brothers in Yellowstone.  

6 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Never watched West Wing.  Is it worth it to try and binge that show now or will it be dated?

It's dated in the sense that the President is honorable. We should be so lucky to have a President Josiah Bartlett.

• Hook 'Em 2

Industry is definitely grabs your attention and doesn't let good. Not sure there was one redeemable character, but they all did leave an impression

I watched ep 5 or 6 when they take potential clients to a titty bar after dinner. Cringe worthy. I wouldn’t give these knuckleheads $5 to invest.

On 12/27/2020 at 12:42 AM, naija said:

Industry is definitely grabs your attention and doesn't let good. Not sure there was one redeemable character, but they all did leave an impression

i cant figure out how Harper was considered a rock star graduate employee with

• beng directly responsible for losing a client (complete immaturity/insecurity shown in that restroom scene)
  • the petty, unprofessional behavior - 1) interrupting private meetings, 2) butting her nose into other people's business, 3) revealing her bonus when asked not to
  • completely botching her RIF testimonial.

i guess not having a cocaine induced nosebleed in front of your superiors put you at the top of the class at PierPoint.

Edited by yoladu

14 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Never watched West Wing.  Is it worth it to try and binge that show now or will it be dated?

can you still watch the american president? it’s the tv version of that, but for 7 seasons (4 of them great).

i actually think it’s surprisingly relevant in the current political climate. 

On 12/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Funny, I also kept putting off watching it because I felt like it would be dated. It's not, really, but it's very very Sorkin-y. You'd better like walk and talks. 

the first half of the first season is definitely the most sorkin-y and contains the most cheese or schlock or whatever you wanna call it.  it also contains mandy, played by moira kelly.  she's terrible and quickly gets written off the show, so don't let that deter you.

keep in mind that season 1 (along with 2, 3, 4) won primetime emmys for best drama.

also remember that in the aaron sorkin universe, there are a lot of actors that can't handle his style, and it shows.  this show has martin sheen, rob lowe, john spencer, richard schiff, and bradley whitford - not to mention allison janney who's won multiple emmy/oscar/golden globes since tww.  they're really good at his dialogue and pacing, and they're the reason the show works (the inverse can be said for why the newsroom did not work).

if you're looking for an abbreviated watch, i can recommend a good starting place early in s2 and a good out in late s4.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Is Rome still worth watching even if it only lasted 2 seasons?

Most definitely.  It is easily one of the best things HBO has ever done, IMHO.  Brilliantly acted, written, and scored. Not to mention some nice tittays show up from time to time.

18 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

One of the best things HBO has ever done (I put it up there with From the Earth to the Moon).

One of John Milius's best creations (or co-creations).

Amazing cast, directing, and acting.  The cast alone is worth it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 11:02 AM, RPM said:

Wife and I just finished. It was pretty good, but the last main scene is bugging me. Will probably watch season 2, but doubt I will watch the first one again. Honestly think they could have just ended after one season and it would have been good. 

Wife and I are through episode 6 of Industry, I think. It's _almost_ a good show. It needs less young adult relationship and sex drama and more of the business side of things. It needs to explore the older experienced characters who are some of the best on the show, instead of every non-business scene being somebody fucking somebody new and that hurting some else's feelings. It alternates between annoying soap opera for Gen Z and a really good and entertaining show about business and characters.

It also needs less dick and man ass.

On 8/2/2020 at 1:51 PM, Stringer said:

They added Harley Quinn, the cartoon series.  I've wanted to watch it, but it was only on something called DC Universe.

Through a few episodes and holy shit this show is insane.  It's also very funny.  

Finished up the two seasons. Lots of fun, blood and craziness. Damn funny.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:19 PM, FunkSoulBrother said:

We’ve watched it twice before we took trips to Italy, awesome show. My wife likes the side stories and I liked the relative historical accuracy. Also helps to have smoking hot chicks in period costumes get naked.

• Like 1

Can anyone who has watched all of Raised by Wolves help me out? Spoiler tag it or PM me or whatever. Do they kill off kids in the show? Want to watch it but wife has post-baby raging hormones and doesn't want to watch anything too dark with kids.

TIA

Kids all survive unfortunately. No harm at all IIRC.

Uh, that’s not exactly correct. But I think it’s true after episode one.

Totally correct. I’d completely forgotten about the main plot point. I guess I was just thinking about all the kids that have actual roles in the show. They’re all annoying AF and you’ll wish bad things on them eventually.

11 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Can anyone who has watched all of Raised by Wolves help me out? Spoiler tag it or PM me or whatever. Do they kill off kids in the show? Want to watch it but wife has post-baby raging hormones and doesn't want to watch anything too dark with kids.

TIA

Watch after wife goes to bed. Duh.

The theme song alone is worth the price of admission. 

TIA

Is it wrong for me wanting all of the characters to die?
  • Hook 'Em 1