HBO Max streaming service

Saint Austin

8 hours ago, Chopper said:

I may be the last one here to learn that there's a prequel due in September 2021 for the Sopranos with JG's son playing a young Tony. The Many Saints of NJ. 

Well I just learned it when I read your post. Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out for that. 

I'm impressed with the selection, but yeah the interface is shit-tastic - hard to surface and browse a lot of stuff.  It's like if you know what you're after, easy to search for.  
I like Disney's and Netflix's interfaces.

I usually look up a specific movie on their app on my phone and add them to My List or whatever they call it. Browsing on your phone might be easier. Or it might be worse.

There's a new Denzel Washington flick that's on for the month. He plays a cop. It's so fucking slow. We turned it off after 30 minutes. 

Variety has news about the GOT prequel https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/game-of-thrones-prequel-house-of-the-dragon-cast-1234906227/

Spoiler

The “Game of Thrones” prequel series “House of the Dragon” at HBO is adding four new actors to its cast.

Steve Toussaint, Rhys Ifans, Eve Best, and Sonoya Mizuno are all joining the highly-anticipated prequel to the megahit HBO show. They join previously announced stars Paddy Considine, Olivia Cooke, Emma D’Arcy, and Matt Smith.

“House of the Dragon” is set a few hundred years prior to the events of “Game of Thrones” and tells the story of House Targaryen and the Targaryen civil war that became known as the “Dance of the Dragons.”

Toussaint will star as Lord Corlys Velaryon, “The Sea Snake.” Lord of House Velaryon, a Valyrian bloodline as old as House Targaryen. As “The Sea Snake,” the most famed nautical adventurer in the history of Westeros, Lord Corlys built his house into a powerful seat that is even richer than the Lannisters and that claims the largest navy in the world.

Touissaint’s previous film roles include “Judge Dredd,” “Prince of Persia,” and “Shooting Dogs.” He was recently seen in Steve McQueen’s “Small Axe” series and has appeared on shows like “Doctor Who,” “Pine Gap,” and “Doctors.”

Ifans will play Otto Hightower. The Hand of the King, Ser Otto loyally and faithfully serves both his king and his realm. As the Hand sees it, the greatest threat to the realm is the king’s brother, Daemon (Smith), and his position as heir to the throne.

Ifans perhaps most famously appeared in the 1999 romantic comedy “Notting Hill,” but has starred in other films like “Alice and Wonderland: Looking through the Glass,” “Snowden,” and “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.”

Best will appeare as Princess Rhaenys Velaryon. A dragonrider and wife to Lord Corlys Velaryon, “The Queen Who Never Was” was passed over as heir to the throne at the Great Council because the realm favored her cousin, Viserys, simply for being male.

Best previously starred in the Showtime series “Nurse Jackie” and most recently appeared in Netflix’s “Fate: The Winx Saga.” She also appeared in Oscar winner “The King’s Speech” and the miniseries “The Honourable Woman.”

Mizuno joins as Mysaria. She came to Westeros with nothing, sold more times than she can recall. She could have wilted… but instead she rose to become the most trusted — and most unlikely — ally of Prince Daemon Targaryen, the heir to the throne.

Mizuno is known for her collaborations with Alex Garland, specifically the features “Ex Machina” and “Annihilation” and the FX limited series “Devs.” She also appeared in the Netflix limited series “Maniac.”

Toussaint is repped by CDA London. Ifans is represented by Gersh, 42, and Brillstein Entertainment Partners. Best is repped by Independent Talent Group and ICM. Mizuno is repped by United Agents, WME, Goodman Genow, and Wolf Kasteler.

HBO has given “House of the Dragon” a 10-episode order with an eye toward a 2022 debut. Miguel Sapochnik and Ryan Condal will serve as co-showrunners and will also serve as executive producers along with George R. R. Martin and Vince Gerardis. Sara Lee Hess will also serve as writer and executive producer; Rom Schmidt will also executive produce. Sapochnik will direct the pilot and additional episodes. Clare Kilner and Geeta V. Patel will also direct with Greg Yaitanes directing and co-executive producing.

The show is one of several “Game of Thrones” TV projects currently in the works. Variety exclusively reported that a “Tales of Dunk and Egg” series is in early development at HBO, while an animated “Game of Thrones” project is in the works at HBO Max.

Yes. Which part? If I’d slept at all the last 5 days I’d probably remember. 

I’d totally forgotten about the flower sellers here too. 

Finished it. Was he/she the one who started the whole street corner flower seller stuff? Same thing was going on in D/FW about the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 2/19/2021 at 6:10 PM, henrygandorf said:

did anyone else finish the lady and the dale?

there's a holy shit moment about halfway through episode 4.  and i mean i said holy shit out loud while alone on my couch.

I know exactly what you are talking about, and was embarrassed for myself that I didn't put it together or see it earlier.

Judas and the Black Messiah was very very good.

I quit the Head after three episodes and my wife, Cousin and his girlfriend saw it through (started when they were stuck at our house with no power) and they said it was fucking stuuupid

I’m gonna watch Lady and the Dale next. Also might start Banshee.

I started the Knick when I first signed up for cable and had a free month of Cinemax. I liked the half season I saw a lot, and will restart that.

Finally hitting the Silicon Valley episodes I had missed in previous years.

I've seen this scene before, but somehow ignored the fact that Jared only heard a part of the conversation, that made Dinesh sound like a suicide bomber, and Jared was a loyal man to the end - not willing to rat the out.

"Remember, we will be rewarded in the end"

19 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Watched the first episode of Beartown last night. Good start. I really liked the book so I hope they do it justice. Swedish subtitles, so may not be for everyone. 

Was just going to post the same thing. Looks interesting and Swedish subtitles aren't a problem for me.

• Hook 'Em 1

The app, meaning android, browser, any of it, is such a wretched steaming pile of shit.

I can't get CC to cast using chromecast on any of it.  Not to mention that it's ugly and hard to navigate.  It's always been utter shit, but now that it's an actual subscription service, you'd think they'd get their shit together.