HBO Max streaming service

Saint Austin

6 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Enjoying White Lotus.

I guess the intent is to always keep you guessing at who dies.  The characters and their flaws are all coming out.

Honestly, I would watch regardless, just be cause you have 2 of the best sets of tits in Hollywood.

Me too. Granted I am a Mike White fanboy. But I'm liking it a lot.

Though my one big issue so far is being asked to believe that Alexandra Daddario is a blogger.  

On 7/26/2021 at 12:01 PM, blacklab said:

Woodstock 99 was so good.

I had forgotten all about it. What type of crowd were they expecting to show up for Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, Rage against the Machine, Korn and Metallica? 

LOL at creed: "Here's the base player from the Doors!"

If you didn't have Eminem's "so I can sit next to Carson Daly and Fred Durst/and hear 'em argue over who she gave head to first" running through your head for about half the show I don't know what to tell you.

God, late 90's music sucked...

...and my 14 year old ass bought a CD from every band prominently featured in the documentary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a week behind on both The White Lotus and The 100 Foot Wave so I'm trying to be careful in what I read but is anybody else watching 100 Foot Wave? I'm finding it riveting. The Haole accent will never not be funny. It's almost as pronounced as Minnesota/South Dakota/Fargo to my ears.

7 hours ago, South Austin said:

I'm not sure who I hate worse, the douchebag newlywed husband or the two millennial bitches.  I'm only on Episode 2 though. 

I’m starting to appreciate the writing/acting of the douchebag husband. It’s so spot on cringeworthy, and I hate the character so much, I’m starting to like him now 

• Hook 'Em 1

Late to the party but Hacks was one of the best shows I’ve watched lately. Jean Smart’s run on HBO has been amazing.

And 100 foot wave is extremely compelling. Wish I could binge it.
Just finished Hacks tonight. Such a good show. Jean Smart needs some awards for this one.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

And 100 foot wave is extremely compelling. Wish I could binge it.

Garrett's wife is a saint..

,,,,Although now that I think about it, she did hook up with him 13 days after being married to her first husband. She had a "whatcha gonna do" response to that.

and holy shit, that woman surfer getting CPR on the beach. Seems like the most dangerous part of Nazaré is not the actual wipeout, but getting caught in the churn.

14 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Just saw Space Jam....oof.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, but our kids liked the idea of cartoons playing with people.  They also liked the original.  

But it's just a huge advertisement for the NBA and Warner Brothers cartoons.  With lots of Happy Meals toys.

MJ >>>>>>>> LJ

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/13/2021 at 12:10 PM, RPM said:

IMDBtv is a decent streaming site with lots of older tv shows and movies. It's kind of like Pluto. No subscription fee, but there are commercials.

I have watched almost every show/film I liked on Prime slide out of prime and into one of those subscription packs they offer. Some went to IMDBtv, others to Britbox, or Docs or something. It's like cable all over again, I'm not doing it. All it's done is made me scour downloading sites to find the shows I want and put them on my plex server. It has been a pain in the ass but fuck Amazon. 

On 8/8/2021 at 7:19 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Love Life is on TBS right now for anybody that doesn't want to pay for HBO Max. 

There'd probably be 15 Surly threads dedicated to it if happened, but does Anna Kendrick get naked? I can't see myself sticking with this show without a guaranteed payoff. 

ain't nobody gettin naked on tbs.

• 4 weeks later...

A friend recommended The Other Two. I had low expectations with it being a Lorne Michaels production but this is a seriously funny show.

The basic gist is a couple of 30ish fuckups are outshined by their 13 YO sibling who has become an overnight YouTube pop star. They continue to be fuckups while riding their little brother’s coattails.

Two seasons so far.

20 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

A friend recommended The Other Two. I had low expectations with it being a Lorne Michaels production but this is a seriously funny show.

The basic gist is a couple of 30ish fuckups are outshined by their 13 YO sibling who has become an overnight YouTube pop star. They continue to be fuckups while riding their little brother’s coattails.

Two seasons so far.

Drew Tarver and Molly Shannon are both excellent in this.

I was thinking I'd give Fuckboy Island a try because of Nikki Glaser but someone who watched the first ep described it to me and it seems just as stupid and annoying as the shows it's trying to mock.

I have a female co-worker just text and said it was hilarious. We will probably check it out.

I have a female co-worker just text and said it was hilarious. We will probably check it out.

We watched four episodes last night. It is exactly what you think it is.

Three hot early 20’s chicks are at a resort with 24 guys. 12 are “good guys” and 12 are “Fuck Boys”. It is unknown who is who.

Typical dating show with dates , challenges and eliminations except it sounds like if the fuck boys are picked at the end they win money. The girls are supposed to be weeding them out but they suck at that because they all want to be dating the fuck boys.

If you like trash tv, it is a decent show. The brunette is hot as fuck and is pretty funny.

Nikki Glaser is the host and since it is on HBO has some freedom to throw in some rated R jabs at the dudes.

18 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

News of the World may be Tom hanks worst film ever. Yet another film gets Texas geography completely fucking wrong. 

Mountains....

In Dallas

What a flaming piece of shit.

I'm from Castroville. Can confirm that is not what it looks like. 

• Hook 'Em 1