HBO Max streaming service

Saint Austin

On 9/27/2021 at 11:44 AM, YChang said:

File under "new" to me... but Ghosts is a pretty charming British show available for a quick binge. 

On 9/29/2021 at 1:02 PM, Noah Fence said:

I enjoyed it.  

Renewed for a 4th season.

https://gizmodo.com/bbcs-ghosts-is-returning-for-a-fourth-series-of-haunted-1848193174

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 4:07 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

Station 11 is pretty good. Leftovers vibes.  

This post got me curious because the leftovers is my favorite series. Station 11 creator, Patrick Somerville, was a writer on the leftovers and also the creator on maniac which I really like as well. Anyone who enjoyed the leftovers should definitely check this out though. 

On 12/25/2021 at 2:36 PM, seven said:

This post got me curious because the leftovers is my favorite series. Station 11 creator, Patrick Somerville, was a writer on the leftovers and also the creator on maniac which I really like as well. Anyone who enjoyed the leftovers should definitely check this out though. 

Watching it now.  Not a fan of the hipster acting guild, but the rest is decent.

"The Eyes of Tammy Faye" was very solid.  If you're not old enough to remember how clownish 1980's televangelists were, you might think the movie is over the top but it's not.  Was a good walk down memory lane with all the players (Pat Robertson, Fallwell, Swaggart, etc.)  

Chastain does a very good job and also makes her a somewhat sympathetic character.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

"The Eyes of Tammy Faye" was very solid.  If you're not old enough to remember how clownish 1980's televangelists were, you might think the movie is over the top but it's not.  Was a good walk down memory lane with all the players (Pat Robertson, Fallwell, Swaggart, etc.)  

Chastain does a very good job and also makes her a somewhat sympathetic character.

Tammy Faye was the kind of character that a Hollywood writer could not have invented.  Evangelical who really loved her gay fans and showed compassion towards people with AIDS at a time when some were claiming that AIDS was God's way of punishing gay people, etc.

You seriously could not come up with a character like her these days, without everybody going "pshaw, that's all fake and scripted!"

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Tammy Faye was the kind of character that a Hollywood writer could not have invented.  Evangelical who really loved her gay fans and showed compassion towards people with AIDS at a time when some were claiming that AIDS was God's way of punishing gay people, etc.

You seriously could not come up with a character like her these days, without everybody going "pshaw, that's all fake and scripted!"

Right? She was made to be scripted on The Righteous Gemstones except she’s real! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 2:40 PM, Scary Stranger said:

First 3 episodes of Peacemaker dropped today.  I've watched the first two and was fairly entertained.

Highly recommend if you enjoy Deadpool and The Boys. If not then fuck you. John Cena is not as cute as Ryan Reynolds and not the greatest actor but this part is perfect for him. It also has an interesting soundtrack.

Highly recommend if you enjoy Deadpool and The Boys. If not then fuck you. John Cena is not as cute as Ryan Reynolds and not the greatest actor but this part is perfect for him. It also has an interesting soundtrack.

Enjoying it so far. Definitely has the over the top Deadpool vibe and John Cena is spot on casting.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I started Game of Thrones this week. Never seen it through before. (I know, I know).

Never cared much for fantasy shows (if that's the correct term) until Covid.  But since we forced ourselves to watch shows that are different from the genres we liked we've become hooked on this type of show.

Almost done with season 1.  I'm glad we are finally getting around to it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I started Game of Thrones this week. Never seen it through before. (I know, I know).

Never cared much for fantasy shows (if that's the correct term) until Covid.  But since we forced ourselves to watch shows that are different from the genres we liked we've become hooked on this type of show.

It’s a great show.  Well, until the end.

As much as people shit on S5-7...I found them to be very good relative to other options.  Were they as good as S1-4?  No.  Were they better than their contemporary competition?  Yes, with perhaps a handful of exceptions according to personal taste.  Now, S8 I would recommend to any new viewer to just flat out not watch.  I wish I could unwatch it.

40 minutes ago, Hozz said:

As much as people shit on S5-7...I found them to be very good relative to other options.  Were they as good as S1-4?  No.  Were they better than their contemporary competition?  Yes, with perhaps a handful of exceptions according to personal taste.  Now, S8 I would recommend to any new viewer to just flat out not watch.  I wish I could unwatch it.

The third episode of the last season

Spoiler

White Walker war

makes for a good stopping point. 

Hold on to your butts.

Peacemaker is so over the top. Mitch I don’t know how old your son is but there’s no way I’m watching that with my kids.