What's the state requirements on raffles?

I purchased a $ 100.00 raffle ticket for one of 50 items items (not your typical "Grand Prize / 2nd place / 3rd place" stuff, this is a lot more items with higher value per item than the ticket price).  "Maximum 500 tickets sold".  Then, Covid-19 made a beachhead.

According to the tickets, the winners were to be announced on 21 April 2020, however according to the website for the raffle, they are holding off on the drawing.

We hope everyone is staying safe, healthy and happy during these unprecedented times! Our 50-Gun Fundraiser is still ongoing. We were originally scheduled to complete the drawing of our winners April 20th.  At this time, due to the shelter-in-place and social distancing regulations we will need to postpone the drawing until all tickets are sold.  We will provide updates through our Facebook page, when we are able to complete the drawing. Tickets are still available! Contact us here or contact your favorite team member to purchase today! Thank you for continuing to support our team and our mission!

Is there any state regulation that specifies they have to stick with the original printed date on the ticket?  Is this considered any kind of binding contract since $$ has been exchanged?  Considering "social distancing" has been relaxed a bit, is that still considered a thing to be concerned about?

At least they should be offering refunds but then again they may not have the money if they used the existing money to buy the guns.

But they are scamming you even if this is a well intentioned charity. A max ticket sold raffle shouldn’t wait until they hit the max. It should be based on the deadline whether they are able to see the tickets or not. Their inability to sell enough tickets should be your benefit in increasing your odds.

Settle down Karen. COVID fucked with a lot of spring charity events. Don’t be a dickhead and start fucking with a non-profit’s fundraiser. You were happy with a 1 in 500 chance when you bought the ticket. You’ll be happy with the same chance in a couple of months.

• Haha 1

Settle down Karen. COVID fucked with a lot of spring charity events. Don’t be a dickhead and start fucking with a non-profit’s fundraiser. You were happy with a 1 in 500 chance when you bought the ticket. You’ll be happy with the same chance in a couple of months.
Did I say I was gonna call the AG s office or the ATF?

C.T.F.D.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Did I say I was gonna call the AG s office or the ATF?

C.T.F.D.

You’re talking about “state regulations” and “binding contracts”. You were on the verge of threatening them to hold the raffle or else...
  • Haha 1

You’re talking about “state regulations” and “binding contracts”. You were on the verge of threatening them to hold the raffle or else...
Dude, I have had this folded up ticket in my wallet since early March & came across it again the other day.

I am simply wondering if they are running afoul of any kind of state regs or laws.

The end.

20 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Where are y'all getting the idea that I am "bothered"?

Is there any state regulation that specifies they have to stick with the original printed date on the ticket?  Is this considered any kind of binding contract since $$ has been exchanged? 

I think the part where you were looking for some regulations that specify "they have to stick with the original printed date" and "is this considered any kind of binding contract".

Those seems like weird questions to ask if it was not bothering you at all. 

I would call 911, the fbi, the cia and NSA immediately if I were you.
Can I call NASA as well? They aren't doing much today.

& You left out MADD, DECA, FBLA, HOSA, the local MUD, Scouts BSA & the PTA.

Oh, & the CIA... will they send a chef right over?

7 hours ago, millhouse said:

What about Ruffles? Seems like the bag is always half full when I open it. Are there any state or federal regulations that state they have to make the size of the bag more representative of the contents?

Some settling may occur. It says so in the legal contract printed on the side of the bag. It’s not Lay’s fault you have low reading comprehension. Go to law school!

On 5/30/2020 at 10:33 AM, ROFL BOX said:

Dude, I have had this folded up ticket in my wallet since early March & came across it again the other day.

Wallet space is sacred, who the hell carries a raffle ticket ticket in their wallet ????

• Haha 1

Governed by the Charitable Raffle Enabling Act.  Postponing could be a violation, but the Governor may have relaxed some of the rules in one of his orders.  I've got $500 worth of raffle tickets for a March 28th raffle.  It's postponed until August sometime.

On 6/1/2020 at 12:03 AM, millhouse said:

What about Ruffles? Seems like the bag is always half full when I open it. Are there any state or federal regulations that state they have to make the size of the bag more representative of the contents?

That’s what you get for wasting your potato chip money on anything but Pringles.