Minneapolis is Burning-+* The moderators and admins of this site are TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT.

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

FYI - I don’t appreciate a post I made in a CR thread moved here and made to look like I started this thread on this board.

I said my peace in the appropriate place and it’s pretty shitty of [mention]blacklab [/mention]to make it appear that I started this thread.

*piece

And to be clear no matter what board you posted it on it was generally in the top 25 of worst posts ever made on this website. The fact that you made it in CR is appropriate.

Edited by justhookit
  • Like 2

It's a direct shot at the moderators in the thread title.

Not a bitch move to put it where moderation is discussed.  Threads are moved from time to time, no?

Some seem to be trying to make it sound like a PM was publicized or some shit.

Edited by Iceman

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

It's a direct shot at the moderators in the thread title.

Not a bitch move to put it where moderation is discussed.  Threads are moved from time to time, no?

Some seem to be trying to make it sound like a PM was publicized or some shit.

She's saying it was a post in a thread that was moved here and turned into a thread.

9 minutes ago, Iceman said:

so a shot was taken or NOT taken at the mods in a public post?

Then after 150 some odd posts, the consensus is far from the original contention.

Weird.

The first post for this thread was originally in the CR riot thread. Blacklab moved it here to put bamachick on blast, and he set the thread title. Bit of a bitchass move imo, but he's been dealing with more shit than usual, so I get it

Just now, Captainant said:

The first post for this thread was originally in the CR riot thread. Blacklab moved it here to put bamachick on blast, and he set the thread title. Bit of a bitchass move imo, but he's been dealing with more shit than usual, so I get it

Yeah I mean I get it he's slammed and all this just seems personal and I can't remember this ever happening before.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Damn, that is a bitch movie. Katy would be proud.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Wait so the OP was in a thread in the CR and was moved here to look like it was a thread started here?

Pretty bitch mode if true imo

JFC.

It raises an issue about the workings of the board.  If that issue is to be hashed out, better that it be hashed out here than buried in the cesspool of CR.  A cesspool that I gleefully piss in from time to time, but that doesn't stop me from recognizing that it's mostly full of piss and turds.

Bitch mode my ass.  Or bitch move.

It's pretty obvious by blacklab's even tone that he doesn't take great offense to the post and actually maybe like wanted to get a broader consensus on the moderation here.

Some people are so goddamned aggrieved all the time. 

Time to recognize that the little dopamine hits we get from posting here, especially certain types of posts, are basically unhealthy.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

JFC.

It raises an issue about the workings of the board.  If that issue is to be hashed out, better that it be hashed out here than buried in the cesspool of CR.  A cesspool that I gleefully piss in from time to time, but that doesn't stop me from recognizing that it's mostly full of piss and turds.

Bitch mode my ass.  Or bitch move.

It's pretty obvious by blacklab's even tone that he doesn't take great offense to the post and actually maybe like wanted to get a broader consensus on the moderation here.

Some people are so goddamned aggrieved all the time. 

Time to recognize that the little dopamine hits we get from posting here, especially certain types of posts, are basically unhealthy.

I mean that's fair. Like I said I'm always willing to be wrong

• Like 1

*piece
And to be clear no matter what board you posted it on it was generally in the top 25 of worst posts ever made on this website. The fact that you made it in CR is appropriate.

Uh, there have been a ton of posts blasting the mods for their decisions made in the DT threads on coronavirus and Minneapolis made in the corresponding CR threads on the same topics.

Especially the coronavirus one.

And in which the mods were called worse than “ignorant”.

[mention]blacklab [/mention] even engaged in a discussion with me about the issue in that very thread.

Yet mine was the only post pulled over, given a title I never wrote, and misrepresented as if I started a thread with it.

I think their moderation on this has been lazy and biased but the way this specific instance was handled is really something else.

I’ll ask again, if “name calling” was the issue in the Minneapolis thread (and I’ll go find his quote that states that), why would [mention]blacklab [/mention] start this thread under false pretenses basically encouraging all the usual “KEEP POLITICS AWAY FROM MY SENSITIVE FEELINGS” crowd to direct name calling at me?

Have you put these name callers on time out?

Nope - because the “name calling” was an easy excuse to keep the conservative CR refugees from shitting their pants over having their safe space violated.

Having a “no politics” rule is worthless when only one side of the conversation is forced to abide by it.

I haven’t posted in the DT coronavirus thread in weeks because it’s become a conspiracy theory echo chamber and the only thing I posted in the Minneapolis thread was a tweet with a video showing a protestor with an axe.

Finally, I asked [mention]immortal13 [/mention] to back up his accusations that I “spewed political hatred” in any thread on the DT. I’m still waiting.
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Uh, there have been a ton of posts blasting the mods for their decisions made in the DT threads on coronavirus and Minneapolis made in the corresponding CR threads on the same topics.

[mention]blacklab [/mention] even engaged in a discussion with me about the issue in that very thread.

Yet mine was the only post pulled over, given a title I never wrote, and misrepresented as if I started a thread with it.

I think their moderation on this has been lazy and biased but the way this specific instance was handled is really something else.

I’ll ask again, if “name calling” was the issue in the Minneapolis thread (and I’ll go find his quote that states that), why would [mention]blacklab [/mention] start this thread under false pretenses basically encouraging all the usual “KEEP POLITICS AWAY FROM MY SENSITIVE FEELINGS” crowd to direct name calling at me?

Nope - because the “name calling” was an easy excuse to keep the conservative CR refugees from shitting their pants over having their safe space violated.

Having a “no politics” rule is worthless when only one side of the conversation is forced to abide by it.

I haven’t posted in the DT coronavirus thread in weeks because it’s become a conspiracy theory echo chamber and the only thing I posted in the Minneapolis thread was a tweet with a video showing a protestor with an axe.

Finally, I asked [mention]immortal13 [/mention] to back up his accusations that I “spewed political hatred” in any thread on the DT. I’m still waiting.

Get real, BamaKaren

37 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Just wait until BL picks a new avatar for you

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, Ok

Yes, I moved the post from the CR thread, not to call out Bama Chick, but to get a better audience and get feedback on how to moderate and run this place for three reasons. First, most people would never see or comment if it was in CR, and second, it discussion of this topic doesn't belong in the middle of another thread and third this board is specifically for these topics. Is it a bitch move to move a political thread from DT to CR?

If you think I give a fuck about getting called out you have not been paying attention. Until I get death threats I generally don't pay attention to them. What I do want to know is if other people feel this way and what we can do to help make this board better. 

I should have made a note in the first post that I moved this here, and yes, I probably shouldn't have made such a snarky title, so I apologize for both of those mistakes.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Wow, Ok

Yes, I moved the post from the CR thread, not to call out Bama Chick, but to get a better audience and get feedback on how to moderate and run this place for three reasons. First, most people would never see or comment if it was in CR, and second, it discussion of this topic doesn't belong in the middle of another thread and third this board is specifically for these topics. Is it a bitch move to move a political thread from DT to CR?

If you think I give a fuck about getting called out you have not been paying attention. Until I get death threats I generally don't pay attention to them. What I do want to know is if other people feel this way and what we can do to help make this board better. 

I should have made a note in the first post that I moved this here, and yes, I probably shouldn't have made such a snarky title, so I apologize for both of those mistakes.

Wait, have you actually gotten death threats?

3 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Long long time ago. 

Can't remember which poster it was, guy was fucking nuts and I banned him and he registered a new account and threatened to kill me for banning him.

That was friendo, right? He went on an antisemitic rant in CR, was rightfully banned and he went fucking bananas

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

FYI - I don’t appreciate a post I made in a CR thread moved here and made to look like I started this thread on this board.

I said my peace in the appropriate place and it’s pretty shitty of [mention]blacklab [/mention]to make it appear that I started this thread.

giphy (21).gif

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Sorry, that was not my intention. 

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And ya know, after being told one of the primary issues was name calling, I find it interesting that none of the mods have had boo to say about all the name calling thrown in my direction in this very thread.

So it's ok for you to call the moderators "TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT" but don't want to be called names?
Just so we're clear it's not the name calling per se that I'm opposed to, I could really give a fuck about that, it's that a large fast moving thread is often ruined by political talk and often there will be a string of posts that have no content and only name calling, that's what I want to eliminate in those threads.

Wrong. There's another poster that I grabbed all his posts from the coronvirus thread and gave him his own special "Hot Takes" thread.

You are 100% completely correct. We are lazy and generally don't give a fuck. But there are times I see things that piss me off and I act.
This was one of those times.

It's not their fucking feelings getting hurt, it's having to wade through inane arguments about stupid shit that most of us don't care about. When someone posts their opinion about the president and the next post is "You're a fucking idiot for thinking that way", the second post wouldn't be there if the first wasn't there. That is what I'm talking about when I say name calling.

Yes, I banned several people, some from each side of the political spectrum.

Johnny Sack was banned yesterday, which side is he on?

This is 100% wrong, I am an equal opportunity banner.

• Like 7