Minneapolis is Burning-+* The moderators and admins of this site are TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT.

8 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Wrong

It's to allow Hugo to prevent Trump from becoming Hitler

And to prevent the long time posters on this board from breaking out the tiki torches.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I‘d like to think I was instrumental in preventing this site from becoming an alt-right shithole

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Wrong. The chain negging drove us away. Check out the CR shithole. They’re trying to crowdsource me now for a thread I didn’t even start that was moved there. Pussies. I have had unpopular opinions for two decades plus on these boards. I was one of only handful who was dead set against the Iraq War from the beginning. The same Cabal that is so progressive now hated me then for my opinions. Who ended up being right? I’m willing to go toe to toe with them. What I’m not willing to do is get banned for my opinions by those cunts. I come here for Longhorn sports. That’s the whole point of this place.

It's not the negging, give me a break. Negging stupid posts have been a daily occurrence since Shaggy introduced rep. I take it that's something you're used to, anyway. It's the reality that almost all of the people on your team vocally and strongly supported DJT before he got into office and for the last 3.5 years, you've had a tough time...with that. It's easier to run and hide, and bide your time until things look up and you all can come out of your caves again. Which is what many of the Surly right wingers have done. I get it.

Edited by Leamas

@blacklab, I hope you are still considering the permanent walling-off option.  The partisans can't be trusted to be non-partisan and it's too much work on the mods to keep them in line.

Instead, they just need to be sealed off, like the bad guys that got cast in glass in Superman I/II.  

Edited by bschoolprof

3 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Lol. 

Hey you should always bet on black. (LegoBatman reference) Get it @blacklab

It’s his duty save America from Trump (because we at this football site are the last and best line of defense). We should pony up! 

also what is the deal with the backlash against rep points per poster/per poster? I feel like I worked hard for mine. It took a long time to even get 25 points. I never posted nekkid pics and if you find them anywhere else it’s not me and I didn’t post them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leamas said:

It's not the negging, give me a break. Negging stupid posts have been a daily occurrence since Shaggy introduced rep. I take it that's something you're used to, anyway. It's the reality that almost all of the people on your team vocally and strongly supported DJT before he got into office and for the last 3.5 years, you've had a tough time...with that. It's easier to run and hide, and bide your time until things look up and you all can come out of your caves again. Which is what many of the Surly right wingers have done. I get it.

Again the issue is the auto-ban feature of this website once you hit -100 in rep. That encourages them to chain neg to preserve the pure echo chamber while silencing voices they don’t like.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So blacklab got upset by BamaChick saying something negative about the moderating, so now he’s going all in on Hugo/posters personally?

Cool cool cool 

Hugo’s saying dumb shit about himself being the instrumental poster preventing this board from sliding into alt right white supremacy. 
Nobody should say anything about that and just let float by like a butterfly. Just like a lot of y’all did with the right out Russia Russia Russia nonsense Hugo gassed this board out with for years. 

• Like 1

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that “Hugo Steeeeeeglitz is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.”  

“Hugo Steeeeeeglitz is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.”  

“Hugo Steeeeeeglitz is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.”  

Edited by Onboard 2.0

5 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Who is this majority you speak about? I'd like to see a show of hands

You know, if you don't like how SOMEONE ELSES site is run, maintained, and moderated, perhaps you should try another.  I mean really, if you don't like it, and you're unhappy, why torture yourself?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

You know, if you don't like how SOMEONE ELSES site is run, maintained, and moderated, perhaps you should try another.  I mean really, if you don't like it, and you're unhappy, why torture yourself?

The fucker put Phlegm on ignore. That tells you all you need too know about him.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Again the issue is the auto-ban feature of this website once you hit -100 in rep. That encourages them to chain neg to preserve the pure echo chamber while silencing voices they don’t like.

and since negs are equal in weight to posrep instead of 1/10 and since some of the righties have just completely abandoned ship while others are lurking in DT ready to whinge about CR while bitching about antifa and you didn't build that and virtue signaling (which is all just right wing virtue signaling and CR), the few people willing to pos rep you for anything aren't able to outweigh the neg rep you get.

of course, your real problem is that you just can't help yourself, you have to post political stuff and getting the mods to turn off CR for you doesn't change that. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Hey you should always bet on black. (LegoBatman reference) Get it @blacklab

It’s his duty save America from Trump (because we at this football site are the last and best line of defense). We should pony up! 

also what is the deal with the backlash against rep points per poster/per poster? I feel like I worked hard for mine. It took a long time to even get 25 points. I never posted nekkid pics and if you find them anywhere else it’s not me and I didn’t post them. 

Well hell, I've got to take all that stuff off of my ceiling.  Me fantasy be dead...😢

1 minute ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well hell, I've got to take all that stuff off of my ceiling.  Me fantasy be dead...😢

Sorry. Lol.

I changed my avatar today to something recent. The old one was two years ago. Previous life. Recent one was me taking a photo for my mom on way to an interview (amazing that yes interviews are happening during the COVID). 

I think what I’m struck by most is how people seem to be hurting in different ways right now for loads of reasons. We all have shit going on. I don’t think I necessarily fit in on this board but I enjoy posting here. It’s cathartic for me. I would just ask for the people it’s not...why is that? Is it acceptance or something else?
If it’s acceptance I don’t think I will ever be fully accepted here and that’s cool. I knew when I signed on. But it appears there are people with an agenda that isn’t to be accepted or even try. They just want to tear it down. So why? 

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Sorry. Lol.

I changed my avatar today to something recent. The old one was two years ago. Previous life. Recent one was me taking a photo for my mom on way to an interview (amazing that yes interviews are happening during the COVID). 

I think what I’m struck by most is how people seem to be hurting in different ways right now for loads of reasons. We all have shit going on. I don’t think I necessarily fit in on this board but I enjoy posting here. It’s cathartic for me. I would just ask for the people it’s not...why is that? Is it acceptance or something else?
If it’s acceptance I don’t think I will ever be fully accepted here and that’s cool. I knew when I signed on. But it appears there are people with an agenda that isn’t to be accepted or even try. They just want to tear it down. So why? 

I just like to see the world burn.  Mission accomplished.

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I was one of only handful who was dead set against the Iraq War from the beginning. The same Cabal that is so progressive now hated me then for my opinions. 

I can confirm Iconoclast was against the Iraq War. 

But - today's "Cabal" is not progressive or left. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Yeah, I got time out doing it to bama, I feel it should happen to others.

Since I did once moderate a board (shocker! An official NFL site  literally) it never works out well when you call out the moderators or admins. We basically were under a different chain of command until the NFL went a different way on official team sites. I didn’t ask for the position. Just  trying to defuse a bullshit argument about PacMan Jones. Coolest thing was seeing the board they set up (20,000 Leagues under the IQ) totally badass set up. Like the whole board looked different. That was 6 months before the NFL changed That. Now run differently. I’m pretty sure the Texans/Titans sites still share the same server. Lots of teams sites run off of the same servers even though they “hate” each other. 

anyway you call out the site moderators or admins or owners on basically any other forum I’ve been a part of it was a permanent ban/special issues maybe allowed for a temporary one.

i don’t know Bama Chick. I see her post on other sub forums here. If I’m a admin or submod I’d say let her out of the box. 

53 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Anyway you call out the site moderators or admins or owners on basically any other forum I’ve been a part of it was a permanent ban/special issues maybe allowed for a temporary one.

i don’t know Bama Chick. I see her post on other sub forums here. If I’m a admin or submod I’d say let her out of the box. 

Damn, a permanent ban seems extreme for having issues with moderation.

I quoted her with the video of the kid from Dallas getting the hell beaten out of him. I said that she must be happy that that happened to him since he is a white man. I was thinking in line of how they treat Icono, and never letting what he said go, but I got the hammer for a day.

Edited by workswithseed

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

Damn, a permanent ban seems extreme. 

Sorry for snipping your quote. No one seems to remember that all 32 teams had NFL backing sites until 2008. That was all NFL PR stuff. A poster could only do the “yay! My team shit!” 

9 hours ago, Deej said:

Counting my blessings Hugo was here to save us from ourselves. Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Halalujah !!!  I feel so blessed.....

Sidenote:  Hugos post was one of the most egotistical, and self centered posts I've read on this forum in quite a while.  He did save us from the alt. right though.... wheeeeew that was close.....

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

What did Icono do that was so bad everybody is talking about him in CR?  I wish people had little avatar pictures on their pocket in real life, it's the only way I can keep track of identities on here.  I don't know how y'all can recall so many poster names with such clarity.  I can't remember people's names in real life, or here for that matter.  Getting old, I guess.  

35 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I wish people had little avatar pictures on their pocket in real life...

This is a great idea.  It will make the mods job at the processing centers, determining which Guterwagen to load each poster onto, much easier.  There might still be a few mix ups, and the wrong poster ends up at the gas chamber instead of the re-education camp, but the trade off in efficiency is probably worth it.  

13 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is really more of a Mussolini but there is a non-zero chance he could be worse than Hitler. 

ETA:  just to clarify, there’s a non-zero chance any president can be worse than Hitler because of the amount of destruction their inherent powers entitle them.  Anyway, Trump is way more Mussolini.  

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Guest Lobo
39 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Name tags! Name tags! What kind of an idiot thinks anybody would be interested in an idea like that?

Why can't you be more like Lloyd Braun?