Minneapolis is Burning-+* The moderators and admins of this site are TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT.

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Pam, serious question. Do you stand on street corners downtown with a bullhorn and let everyone know your political opinions?
Do you stop people in the grocery store, restaurants and bars and let them know how you feel about Trump?

I was never that politically outspoken until Trump, and i take his very existence in the position that he has today as proof that i should have cared more at an earlier point in time.

In a thread/topic about police brutality, the president's rhetoric is pretty relevant to the discussion. Especially when he's openly advocated for police to be rougher with suspects and frequently claims that the police can't do their jobs anymore. You are aware that the president oversees DOJ, which oversees policing on a national level, right?

Nothing to do with politics, everything to do with actually talking about the problem and how it can be addressed.

Just now, Captainant said:

In a thread/topic about police brutality, the president's rhetoric is pretty relevant to the discussion. Especially when he's openly advocated for police to be rougher with suspects and frequently claims that the police can't do their jobs anymore. You are aware that the president oversees DOJ, which oversees policing on a national level, right?

Nothing to do with politics, everything to do with actually talking about the problem and how it can be addressed.

this is a thread about forum moderation.

• Like 2

Quit trying to lawyer this situation up. Walking up to strangers in public and bringing up a subject out of the blue isn't the same as discussing things on a message board where a topic is designated and there is a political element to that topic.

But yeah, when it comes up, i let it be known where i stand.

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Welcome to America, where one person being bad at their job/one city failing to police their police in a place where i don't live means it's not OK for me to criticize the president promoting white nationalism.

21 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I was never that politically outspoken until Trump, and i take his very existence in the position that he has today as proof that i should have cared more at an earlier point in time.

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Quit trying to lawyer this situation up. Walking up to strangers in public and bringing up a subject out of the blue isn't the same as discussing things on a message board where a topic is designated and there is a political element to that topic.

Ma'am, this is an Arby's

Edited by Viper
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

We are having a discussion about how to better moderate the board and you are interjecting your political opinions into it.
The utter disregard for decorum and knowing when and where people would like too discuss such things simply confirms the fact that you are a fucking idiot oblivious to those around you and a compelling need to get everyone to think exactly like you do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 8

I wish I had a better solution. I know that the constant partisan stuff in the DT is clearly driving posters away. Some posters obviously don’t care. I do agree that bc of the nature of some news events it is almost impossible not to bring up politics/partisan views. As such, my thought would be to move those events to the CR allowing people to discuss however they want and leave a sticky at the top of the DT thread with the events that have been moved and where to go to discuss? 
I know it’s probably a shitty idea but I also don’t like seeing posters completely avoid the DT altogether. Losing posters shouldn’t be what it is about especially when the CR exists. 

35 minutes ago, blacklab said:

We are having a discussion about how to better moderate the board and you are interjecting your political opinions into it.
The utter disregard for decorum and knowing when and where people would like too discuss such things simply confirms the fact that you are a fucking idiot oblivious to those around you and a compelling need to get everyone to think exactly like you do.

I started off on topic and was drawn off topic by another poster. Apologies.

And, if the thought is "racism is bad, and the president openly being a racist dickhead is also bad", then yeah, i'd like everyone to be on the same page. We aren't discussing policy here.

There's a lot of racism happening in this country right now. Hence, the rioting. Hence, threads about the rioting. Hence, threads about the moderation of threads about the rioting. Hence, me being a pain in your ass right now. We can go in circles for days man.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

And, if the thought is "racism is bad, and the president openly being a racist dickhead is also bad", then yeah, i'd like everyone to be on the same page. We aren't discussing policy here.

There's a lot of racism happening in this country right now. Hence, the rioting. Hence, threads about the rioting. Hence, threads about the moderation of threads about the rioting. Hence, me being a pain in your ass right now. We can go in circles for days man.

So much racisming. I have a question, is this racist?

If so, I never saw you u get mad about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

J

JFC, you women and your hysteria. Take three breaths....

Edited by Turkleton
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

~~~reminder to self...never EVER piss Blacklab off~~~

I'm not mad at anyone.

I think of surly as a bar where friends can gather and talk about things. Sections of the bar are reserved for different discussion. To me people like Pam are the equivalent of someone coming over to the "bar discussion" area with a bullhorn and informing everyone what is important even though 87% of those people do not want to discuss the political part of it.

Nicole is completely correct. More than one person has told me they have left and have not come back due to the political bickering.

A normal person wouldn't interject their political views into a discussion of people at the bar next to them, but they feel the need to do that here for some reason and it drives me nuts.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

I'm not mad at anyone.

I think of surly as a bar where friends can gather and talk about things. Sections of the bar are reserved for different discussion. To me people like Pam are the equivalent of someone coming over to the "bar discussion" area with a bullhorn and informing everyone what is important even though 87% of those people do not want to discuss the political part of it.

Nicole is completely correct. More than one person has told me they have left and have not come back due to the political bickering.

A normal person wouldn't interject their political views into a discussion of people at the bar next to them, but they feel the need to do that here for some reason and it drives me nuts.

Oh make no mistake, even if it's typed, or printed words, you can tell when a lot of people get frustrated/agitated.

I don't know how emotion carries over in that type of communication but it does sometimes.

7 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Welcome to America, where one person being bad at their job/one city failing to police their police in a place where i don't live means it's not OK for me to criticize the president promoting white nationalism.

Welcome to America where I could literally post a hundred YouTube videos of African-Americans presenting the same points I make and holding the same point of view I do and I can get accused of racism by practically the entire Cloak Room.

• Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

I don't know maybe you shouldn't see every post as an attack on your beliefs. Or is this your way of saying you do support police brutality and an authoritarian police state? Why does this bother you so much?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

53 minutes ago, blacklab said:

I'm not mad at anyone.

Except in your analogy this bar has people taking their dicks out and wave them around and the bartender is telling other people to stop being so political about that. If you hate discussion and you have total contempt for "politics" maybe an open forum of mostly college educated adults isn't for you, dude. Have you tried reddit or 4chan?

• Fuck You 3

19 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Welcome to America where I could literally post a hundred YouTube videos of African-Americans presenting the same points I make and holding the same point of view I do and I can get accused of racism by practically the entire Cloak Room.

See now thats some quality cloak rooming as you people would call it. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

No, in his analogy there are a bunch of people of all kinds (religions, races, sexes, sexual orientation) having a great time drinking and bullshitting and then someone comes in and tries to explain why we shouldn’t all be having fun together.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hate said:

No, in his analogy there are a bunch of people of all kinds of white male christians having a great time celebrating southern pride and limited government and then someone comes in and tries to explain why you're hurting other people.

Sorry I ruined your white nationalist party

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

29 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I don't know maybe you shouldn't see every post as an attack on your beliefs. Or is this your way of saying you do support police brutality and an authoritarian police state? Why does this bother you so much?

awesome, you don't care to hear my rant against trump during the middle of your discussion about this board, therefore you are a racist authoritarian. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

awesome, you don't care to hear my rant against trump during the middle of your discussion about this board, therefore you are a racist authoritarian. 

Blacklab has said he only wants to see headlines and funny cat pictures on Daily Texan threads, that is what this discussion is about. Anything "political" is not permitted and so far "political" is nebulously defined as any mention of the current president that might be construed as negative while any posts that propagate the administrations narrative that China is to blame for everything is somehow not political.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Blacklab has said he only wants to see headlines and funny cat pictures on Daily Texan threads, that is what this discussion is about. Anything "political" is not permitted and so far "political" is nebulously defined as any mention of the current president that might be construed as negative while any posts that propagate the administrations narrative that China is to blame for everything is somehow not political.

Show me where China was discussed in the Minneapolis thread. 

6 hours ago, blacklab said:

Pam, serious question. Do you stand on street corners downtown with a bullhorn and let everyone know your political opinions?
Do you stop people in the grocery store, restaurants and bars and let them know how you feel about Trump?

I have very serious doubts there is ever a face to face confrontation. Pammie's much more comfortable behind a keyboard.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Sorry I ruined your white nationalist party

LOL. You no longer have right-wingers like myself in the echo chamber and that has you and the rest of the cabal acting like complete bitches. Y'all ruined the CR and drove everyone like me away the chain negging and idiotic name calling perfected by morons like @wildcat09. That's the truth

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

I'm not mad at anyone.

To paraphrase Sam Baines;

They’re assholes. It comes from upbringing, their parents are probably assholes too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

LOL. You no longer have right-wingers like myself in the echo chamber and that has you and the rest of the cabal acting like complete bitches. Y'all ruined the CR and drove everyone like me away the chain negging and idiotic name calling perfected by morons like @wildcat09. That's the truth

Don't you have some immigrants to fantasize about murdering?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I wish I had a better solution. I know that the constant partisan stuff in the DT is clearly driving posters away. Some posters obviously don’t care. I do agree that bc of the nature of some news events it is almost impossible not to bring up politics/partisan views. As such, my thought would be to move those events to the CR allowing people to discuss however they want and leave a sticky at the top of the DT thread with the events that have been moved and where to go to discuss? 
I know it’s probably a shitty idea but I also don’t like seeing posters completely avoid the DT altogether. Losing posters shouldn’t be what it is about especially when the CR exists. 

People need to use the ignore function more often.  

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Show me where China was discussed in the Minneapolis thread. 

Everybody knows this virus started in the twin cities...  Wuhan-Saint Paul. 

6 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Hat's off to Michael Knight and his expert level trolling.

I love getting called a nazi since I don't want to hear either side of the political debate even though 87% of the board agrees with me.

Good news is that Hugo is here to make sure you don’t turn into Hitler 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Hat's off to Michael Knight and his expert level trolling.

I love getting called a nazi since I don't want to hear either side of the political debate even though 87% of the board agrees with me.

I haven't called you a nazi, I've questioned your method of moderation and motives for said moderation. For someone who claims they don't care you sure get offended easily. I don't know if you're ignorant of the current environment or you just don't care and choose to ignore it; I'm not sure which option is worse. 87% of the board would've agreed that NFL players kneeling was annoying or offensive a nd didn't want it clogging up their sports,and they've all been proven wrong. But hey congratulations you have people like Icono supporting your side, that should give you comfort... or pause.

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Fuck You 3