Minneapolis is Burning-+* The moderators and admins of this site are TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT.

8 hours ago, blacklab said:

We are having a discussion about how to better moderate the board and you are interjecting your political opinions into it.
The utter disregard for decorum and knowing when and where people would like too discuss such things simply confirms the fact that you are a fucking idiot oblivious to those around you and a compelling need to get everyone to think exactly like you do.

Pam is why we can't have nice things

32 minutes ago, blacklab said:

what I don't understand is why you aren't over on texags informing the gomers of the wrongs of their ways.

The vast majority of this board, including me can't stand Trump. You really need to get over there and inform them what's up.

Ask Immortal and hate they love trump.

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

I haven't called you a nazi, I've questioned your method of moderation and motives for said moderation. For someone who claims they don't care you sure get offended easily. I don't know if you're ignorant of the current environment or you just don't care and choose to ignore it; I'm not sure which option is worse. 87% of the board would've agreed that NFL players kneeling was annoying or offensive a nd didn't want it clogging up their sports,and they've all been proven wrong. But hey congratulations you have people like Icono supporting your side, that should give you comfort... or pause.

most of the posters come here for an escape. Not to be brow beaten into a POV. Why even bother sharing one when y’all Einstein’s have it all figured out?

it’s not that difficult to understand. God Forbid some of us just want an escape from all of the shit we KNOW is going on. 

not picking on you necessarily. It’s just...does this bitching have to do with temp bans or something vs others not being banned? I guess I’m not following. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

most of the posters come here for an escape. Not to be brow beaten into a POV. Why even bother sharing one when y’all Einstein’s have it all figured out?

it’s not that difficult to understand. God Forbid some of us just want an escape from all of the shit we KNOW is going on. 

not picking on you necessarily. It’s just...does this bitching have to do with temp bans or something vs others not being banned? I guess I’m not following. 

If you're escaping from reality why are you going to daily texan, the forum for discussing current events?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

If you're escaping from reality why are you going to daily texan, the forum for discussing current events?

Maybe to get a different POV? Not to have it forced on me? Or force my own opinion on someone else? 

Just to express an opinion or a thought  and not have it turn into a G8 summit or something? Or a three alarm fire? I know where me and mine stand on issues. Those close to me. But when I want to pop off on a forum for a release or an escape I don’t want to feel like I am 15 caught by my parents sneaking in the window and getting some long ass speech. Because that’s what it feels like for me and it is Not fun or cool. Jmo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Maybe to get a different POV? Not to have it forced on me? Or force my own opinion on someone else? 

Just to express an opinion or a thought  and not have it turn into a G8 summit or something? Or a three alarm fire? I know where me and mine stand on issues. Those close to me. But when I want to pop off on a forum for a release or an escape I don’t want to feel like I am 15 caught by my parents sneaking in the window and getting some long ass speech. Because that’s what it feels like for me and it is Not fun or cool. Jmo. 

No one is forcing anything on you and if you don't want to give an opinion then simply don't. If you don't want to read what someone responds to you then also don't have to read that either. I mean don't get on their bad side or you'll be ridiculed for being a woman and called a whore and a bitch, but that's pretty much every fucking forum here.

20 minutes ago, blacklab said:

don't forget you called him a nazi too!

This is too funny.

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

No one is forcing anything on you and if you don't want to give an opinion then simply don't. If you don't want to read what someone responds to you then also don't have to read that either. I mean don't get on their bad side or you'll be ridiculed for being a woman and called a whore and a bitch, but that's pretty much every fucking forum here.

I've actually never did that to Bama now that I think of it, and she has pissed me right off.

Edited by workswithseed

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I’ve been asked to make posters  sandwiches or STFU but honestly I knew that when I signed up. Only been called a bitch once. I just enjoy that there is this escape for me.

I don’t put posters on ignore because I genuinely enjoy posts most make elsewhere.

I just feel like current event threads get CR’d in a way that makes it virtually unrealistic to weigh in most of the time.

Maybe it’s just me that feels that way.   I’ve never been shy about expressing myself. But there is a frustrating feeling for me visiting the DT. Again it’s probably just me. And anyway I don’t think the mods/admins should focus on just some random asswitch like me.

The idea behind the thread we are posting on  Is to make the DT work so that fewer posters were turned away by it. Or leave the board because of it.  I gave my suggestions. Such as they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Or they’ll call you a nazi!

2 hours ago, Hate said:

You are such a turd. Trump is a disgusting individual. Clearly you never paid attention to my politics from back when I used to post in the CR.

Now see...let me give an example of how things... I don't know, "maybe" should work?  I've always enjoyed Hates posts and opinions.  Why is that strange?  I'm a conservative Trump supporter, although it's getting harder every day.  Yet I don't remember ever negging him, as a matter of fact I do remember +repping the hell out of him.  Why? Leave the personal differences out of things. We have differences politically, but that doesn't mean we can't find common ground on things, and not focus on differences.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

Hat's off to Michael Knight and his expert level trolling.

I love getting called a nazi since I don't want to hear either side of the political debate even though 87% of the board agrees with me.

Heil!

----

Tell me how close I am to hitting the nail here.

1: Posts that are decorous and on topic generally get a pass in DT even if they are politically tinged.

2: A few posters don't understand the difference between that and a political threadshit or political slap-fight.

3: This is exacerbated by the fact CR is a terrible place to actually discuss politics - even for that group it's become a slapdick forum.

4: If nothing else, the no politics requirement keeps the incorrigible blowhards away.   It's actually easier to have decent policy and civics discussions on DT until blacklab interrupts.

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

Or they’ll call you a nazi!

Policy discussion topic in a nutshell right there.

It is a warning that steers away who want CNN Headlines - nothing wrong with that at all.  

And it raises the wtf with the rudeness issue. 

There are very few Nazis/Neo-Nazi/Prison nihilists out there. None here as far as I can see. We overuse the term. Makes it more difficult to identify those dead souls looking for hell. 

DT has a solid core but the trolls at the gates are just as bad as any of the worst on CR. No offense intended I know they are doing their self-appointed job.  

Everyone needs to lower their verbal weapons. And let the moderators get back to running a damn good board. 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Now see...let me give an example of how things... I don't know, "maybe" should work?  I've always enjoyed Hates posts and opinions.  Why is that strange?  I'm a conservative Trump supporter, although it's getting harder every day.  Yet I don't remember ever negging him, as a matter of fact I do remember +repping the hell out of him.  Why? Leave the personal differences out of things. We have differences politically, but that doesn't mean we can't find common ground on things, and not focus on differences.

This ^^^^.  Differences of opinion on politics seem to give some license to be raging assholes (SEE: Michael I'm Hunter Thompson Knight, Wildcat, Jimmy James, and others in the Cabal).  

Surly is an escape, and entertainment avenue.  Politics doesn't have to be everywhere, despite what some think.  And your political opinion isn't the burning question on everyones mind.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, JBJ said:

4: If nothing else, the no politics requirement keeps the incorrigible blowhards away.   It's actually easier to have decent policy and civics discussions on DT until blacklab interrupts.

5: Also, the political spats are getting out of hand.  If anything we need more moderation right now, not less.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, JBJ said:

Heil!

----

Tell me how close I am to hitting the nail here.

1: Posts that are decorous and on topic generally get a pass in DT even if they are politically tinged.

2: A few posters don't understand the difference between that and a political threadshit or political slap-fight.

3: This is exacerbated by the fact CR is a terrible place to actually discuss politics - even for that group it's become a slapdick forum.

Pretty damn accurate

1. correct

2. correct

3. correct

4. to a point, yes. But it leads to shit when they do show up. Hugo can't make a post without someone making a "go back to CR you asshole" comment. 

if posters could control themselves and limit discussion to the topic rather than immediately fall into partisan bullshit of  "your team" vs "my team" and "yeah but your team" it would be fine, but they can't and so here we are.

It is funny to me how one liberal poster after another has come to this thread and in different ways said the same thing, that Trump is so bad we need to be able to discuss politics everywhere and especially DT, as if people didn't already know that. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I’ve been asked to make posters  sandwiches or STFU but honestly I knew that when I signed up. Only been called a bitch once. I just enjoy that there is this escape for me.

I don’t put posters on ignore because I genuinely enjoy posts most make elsewhere.

I just feel like current event threads get CR’d in a way that makes it virtually unrealistic to weigh in most of the time.

Maybe it’s just me that feels that way.   I’ve never been shy about expressing myself. But there is a frustrating feeling for me visiting the DT. Again it’s probably just me. And anyway I don’t think the mods/admins should focus on just some random asswitch like me.

The idea behind the thread we are posting on  Is to make the DT work so that fewer posters were turned away by it. Or leave the board because of it.  I gave my suggestions. Such as they are. 

So,... where's my sammich dammit 😂

58 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Pretty damn accurate

1. correct

2. correct

3. correct

4. to a point, yes. But it leads to shit when they do show up. Hugo can't make a post without someone making a "go back to CR you asshole" comment. 

if posters could control themselves and limit discussion to the topic rather than immediately fall into partisan bullshit of  "your team" vs "my team" and "yeah but your team" it would be fine, but they can't and so here we are.

It is funny to me how one liberal poster after another has come to this thread and in different ways said the same thing, that Trump is so bad we need to be able to discuss politics everywhere and especially DT, as if people didn't already know that. 

Hammer meet nail

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Pretty damn accurate

1. correct

2. correct

3. correct

And there it is, Mr no one wants to hear about my team vs your team just made the argument about how the other team is so much worse than his team.

13 hours ago, blacklab said:

what I don't understand is why you aren't over on texags informing the gomers of the wrongs of their ways.

The vast majority of this board, including me can't stand Trump. You really need to get over there and inform them what's up.

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Now you can admit that its not that you don't want to read about politics, its that you don't want to read about the other teams politics.

Yes, I don't want to hear liberals or people that like trump spew their political garbage.

Please draw a venn diagram of these two groups.

another has come to this thread and in different ways said the same thing, that Trump is so bad we need to be able to discuss politics everywhere and especially DT, as if people didn't already know that. 

It’s more that Trump is directly responsible for a lot of things because he is the President of the United States. 

But we’re not allowed to vocally hold him accountable or look at it from that angle in DT because it would be “political.”

It’s like the Stay Puff marshmallow man stepping on a church but we’re not allowed to talk about the Stay Puff marshmallow man, only how to repair the church and the church shouldn’t have been standing there, it’s the church’s fault you see.

Look, I don’t have a dog in this fight, I’m fine staying in CR but y’all are pretending to have good faith discussions in DT when big parts of the story aren’t allowed to be told or commented on.  It’s just weird. 

11 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I just got in trouble discussing the name of BLM and how they represent themselves. 

Your opinions on the subject at hand are not news but opinion and belong in the right place.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s more that Trump is directly responsible for a lot of things because he is the President of the United States. 

But we’re not allowed to vocally hold him accountable or look at it from that angle in DT because it would be “political.”

It’s like the Stay Puff marshmallow man stepping on a church but we’re not allowed to talk about the Stay Puff marshmallow man, only how to repair the church and the church shouldn’t have been standing there, it’s the church’s fault you see.

Look, I don’t have a dog in this fight, I’m fine staying in CR but y’all are pretending to have good faith discussions in DT when big parts of the story aren’t allowed to be told or commented on.  It’s just weird. 

If people would leave it at "the president shouldn't do this because the constitution says x" it would be fine.

But when one person says that the next 3 posts are some combination of "cheeto man bad", "fucking libtards", "you're team bad", "it's your you fucking idoit"

And it sucks it goes that way. We simply don't have time to clean up the messes like that and you guys can go to town in another place.

• Like 4

But when one person says that the next 3 posts are some combination of "cheeto man bad", "fucking libtards", "you're team bad", "it's your you fucking idoit"

You have a whiny bitch problem, and the whiny bitches will keep whining until the voices they don’t like are suppressed.

I wish I could put that more eloquently but this is the basic case a few others have been making. 

I understand it’s easy to say this is a both sides phenomenon but when one side is giving their politically influenced opinion with zero pushback (b/c it’s really not a big deal) while simultaneously screaming and yelling at others for giving an alternative politically influenced opinion, it’s whiny bitches unable to recognize their own internalized bias and crying about it when they get challenged.  

They don’t like to be challenged.  It’s much easier to suppress their perspective by throwing shit all over the board until you have to crackdown. I’m not saying they are doing this maliciously, it’s just the nature of how this works and no, I don’t have a good solution.

ETA: the subsequent posts down this page will be evidence of this and make my point for me. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

58 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Your opinions on the subject at hand are not news but opinion and belong in the right place.

If people would leave it at "the president shouldn't do this because the constitution says x" it would be fine.

And it sucks it goes that way. We simply don't have time to clean up the messes like that and you guys can go to town in another place.

so @Huckleberry is banned from DT too?