Minneapolis is Burning-+* The moderators and admins of this site are TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT.

21 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You are the least self-aware person I have ever met.

I know, I should be killing the messenger by immediately pointing out how not self aware they are instead of focusing on the actual issue of discussion. How silly of me. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know, I should be killing the messenger by immediately pointing out how not self aware they are instead of focusing on the actual issue of discussion. How silly of me. 

Stay away from the food thread goddamnit! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The Derka-like effect that Hugo has on some of you is breathtaking. 

Derka has a legit excuse he's got actual mental issues. What's Hugos excuse ?

For the record Hugo is among the more polite in the CR room.  There is actual debate with him without the asshole factor being his chief tool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

so @Huckleberry is banned from DT too?

I don't follow. I said you have to be an idiot to believe something idiotic.

Does the poster I was quoting believe it? I don't know, but he knows. If he believes it then he's an idiot. If he doesn't then he probably shouldn't make posts implying that he believes it. But probably more importantly, it has nothing to do with politics. It is more a consideration of someone's ability to understand English. It's like saying "you have to be an idiot to believe the Earth is flat." I doubt that's what blacklab is talking about.

3 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Now you can admit that its not that you don't want to read about politics, its that you don't want to read about the other teams politics.

I think we can all admit that your schtick is well past its sell-by date.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't follow. I said you have to be an idiot to believe something idiotic.

Does the poster I was quoting believe it? I don't know, but he knows. If he believes it then he's an idiot. If he doesn't then he probably shouldn't make posts implying that he believes it. But probably more importantly, it has nothing to do with politics. It is more a consideration of someone's ability to understand English. It's like saying "you have to be an idiot to believe the Earth is flat." I doubt that's what blacklab is talking about.

sorry, was just joking that blacklab included grammar nazi's in his examples.

4 hours ago, blacklab said:

It is funny to me how one liberal poster after another has come to this thread and in different ways said the same thing, that Trump is so bad we need to be able to discuss politics everywhere and especially DT, as if people didn't already know that. 

Sounds like something a trump loving Nazi would say

I have purposely avoided bringing this up, because "pick your battles" and all that, but this banner that we currently have at the top of the forum is stupid and insulting, and the admins should be embarrassed by it. When the owner/admin of the site is notorious for banning anyone who so much as argues with him or hurts his feelings, it's pretty fucking tone deaf for that same guy to hang a banner telling other people that this isn't the website for them if their feelings get hurt too easily. I mean fucking seriously. It's asinine. 

edit: and just to be clear, I haven't even crossed paths with immamac in like a year, ever since he and BL told me theyd permaban me if I ever tried to publicly call him out again, but during that time ive watched him/them continue to go full Katy Agnor on multiple people on this site, and this banner of his is just too much. The guy literally permabanned spystud for arguing with him. shaggy was great, but surly, being run by immamac, is a totally different animal. There's a "protect our own" mentaility among the admins here that didn't exist when immamac wasn't in charge. 

And once more for posterity, bexause I cannot stress this enough: when I pm'd blcklab and hayden to ask them why immamac was allowed to ban anyone who he didn't like, they literally told me, "its his site, he can do what he wants. if you pm us again or post about immamac again you will be permabanned." FACTS. if that isn't what they said verbatim it's damn close. and yet these clowns want to talk down about other people not being mentally or emotionally mature enough for this site. fuck out of here, all of you hypocrites. it's a joke. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

I have purposely avoided bringing this up, because "pick your battles" and all that, but this banner that we currently have at the top of the forum is stupid and insulting, and the admins should be embarrassed by it. When the owner/admin of the site is notorious for banning anyone who so much as argues with him or hurts his feelings, it's pretty fucking tone deaf for that same guy to hang a banner telling other people that this isn't the website for them if their feelings get hurt too easily. I mean fucking seriously. It's asinine. 

You're just upset because you can identify with the banner.

4 hours ago, blacklab said:

Your opinions on the subject at hand are not news but opinion and belong in the right place.

If people would leave it at "the president shouldn't do this because the constitution says x" it would be fine.

But when one person says that the next 3 posts are some combination of "cheeto man bad", "fucking libtards", "you're team bad", "it's your you fucking idoit"

And it sucks it goes that way. We simply don't have time to clean up the messes like that and you guys can go to town in another place.

You literally just described 85% of the posts on all of surly. Hell how many posts are just a combination of "regarded" "ou sucks" "damnit derka"

19 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I just feel like current event threads get CR’d in a way that makes it virtually unrealistic to weigh in most of the time.

Maybe it’s just me that feels that way.   I’ve never been shy about expressing myself. But there is a frustrating feeling for me visiting the DT. Again it’s probably just me. And anyway I don’t think the mods/admins should focus on just some random asswitch like me.

The problem is that there are politicians who are making the policies that lead to the current event threads that you don't like.  Through these policies/actions, they are injecting politics as much as they can into these current events, because it's an election year, and they are playing to their base.

When I was a naive kid during the Reagan years, and even a young adult volunteering for George W's gubernatorial and first presidential run, it was still fairly easy to believe that the people making policies had the interests of your typical Americans at heart.  Yeah, naive as fuck, I know.

Now, it's 24/7 and full-on Fuck You Pay Me and "I'm going to openly push conspiracy theories and stir shit up on purpose, because  I want my people voting, so fuck you."

And then it gets hard to discuss those events without the policy discussion that is driving those events.

But the mods are able to keep it under control, regardless of what people say.  And I say that as somebody who got to have their posts moderated by the mods for two weeks.

Edited by atomheartbevo

21 hours ago, blacklab said:

what I don't understand is why you aren't over on texags informing the gomers of the wrongs of their ways.

The vast majority of this board, including me can't stand Trump. You really need to get over there and inform them what's up.

Any forum that embraces and allows Qanon shit, cannot be reasoned with.  At All.  Plus, they are aggy.

Any normal college fandom, where a site like TexAgs might dominate their online discussions, would be horrified that their fandom was pushing batshit Qanon Art Bell Alex Jones Lovechild Stuff.

But TexAgs.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Any forum that embraces and allows Qanon shit, cannot be reasoned with.  At All.  Plus, they are aggy.

The CR shouldn't throw many stones.  Glass houses and all.  Some of the posters like Hugo and triple and numerous others right out trafficked in some of the craziest ass server/praque/allorgchartsmerged conspiracy theories with nary a peep of broad dissent. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Any normal college fandom, where a site like TexAgs might dominate their online discussions, would be horrified that their fandom was pushing batshit Qanon Art Bell Alex Jones Lovechild Stuff.

But TexAgs.

Leave Art Bell out of this 

15 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Are you just here to troll?

I move stuff to CR and you get mad. Now you report a post in DT asking why is it here.

Would you make up your fucking mind.

You said you didn't see a problem with a blatant piece of racist propaganda and you wanted more people to see it. I guess the question is did you want people to see it because you agreed with it or you disagreed? Cause frankly that garbage has no place on this site and is a stain on surlys good name.

ah, yes, pro censorship with ideas you don't agree with.

what I meant was more people should see turkelton is an idiot, and I think the thread showed how the board feels about people like him and posts like that.

but keep being you, smartest person in the universe and expert on all things message boards.

3 minutes ago, blacklab said:

ah, yes, pro censorship with ideas you don't agree with.

what I meant was more people should see turkelton is an idiot, and I think the thread showed how the board feels about people like him and posts like that.

but keep being you, smartest person in the universe and expert on all things message boards.

And you don't see how treating that blatantly political post differently than the other political posts and then amplifying its voice paints a disturbing picture and maybe sends the wrong message? This just highlights the difficult position you've put the mods of being the arbiters of political thought.

21 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

And you don't see how treating that blatantly political post differently than the other political posts and then amplifying its voice paints a disturbing picture and maybe sends the wrong message? This just highlights the difficult position you've put the mods of being the arbiters of political thought.

Ah, ok, so you're in favor of removing all political talk from DT?

5 hours ago, blacklab said:

yes, I probably should have moved it but I didn't think it was too partisan and I kinda thought more people should see it.

Just curious, what value did you think people would glean from that post?  And as far as partisan goes, are you familiar with the OAN channel?

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

When I was a naive kid during the Reagan years, and even a young adult volunteering for George W's gubernatorial and first presidential run, it was still fairly easy to believe that the people making policies had the interests of your typical Americans at heart.  Yeah, naive as fuck, I know.

You're old enough that you've figured it out & probably smart enough to distinguish truth from BS. One of the problems now is that we've created echo chambers (what news you watch/who you follow on social media) by which we get our information. Seems like we've created an abundance of people who are so set in their ways/ideas that any difference of opinion is treated as "conspiracy theory" "fake news" and instead of attempting to find the truth, we just insult the person and disregard their opinion (I'll admit that I've done it). I don't like where this is headed for our nation. We share too much in common to be torn apart by the minutia that doesn't matter. But that's what the politicians and the media want and many of us are too blind to see it.

• Like 1