Minneapolis is Burning-+* The moderators and admins of this site are TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT.

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Can we all at least agree that aggy turning on each other, causing racist aggy examples to trend on twitter, and aggy going after the Sul Ross statue is one good thing to come out of the unrest?

Photo of the person(s) running the official TAMU twitter accounts right now.

spacer.png

Yes.  We are 2 days away from aggy thunder dome people.  We need to all pause so we can collectively sit back and watch that glorious madness.

50 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Cancel culture is real.  Comply... or be erased.

This is a bit hyperbolic but we're getting closer to this being the official slogan pretty much, "Comply or be Erased"  

the libertarian in me says it's overcorrection but then most of the politicians/celebrities/shows that got shitcanned because of cancel culture were crap to begin with and I won't miss them.  The one I miss, but he really did some creepy shit, is Louis C.K.  He's just now getting back out there.  While I wasn't a regular listener or anything, but he is so talented and seemed so warm and kind, is the cancelling of Garrison Keillor for some seriously trivial bullshit of touching a woman's back in a fucking photograph.  If you bother a celebrity to get a photograph and they lean in to you, just shut up.  It's not  like he tried to lick your breasts or something.  

Anyway, this is a discussion of how to better frame the threads on this board.  So I'll leave it at that it's amazing to me 120mm Americans did not vote for either Trump nor Clinton and we have to vacillate between DT and CR threads on very important issues of the day.  There were few critics of the Democrats more vocal than me before 2017 in the old CR, and I'd even get called out for name dropping Republicans I knew and worked with.  The Democratic Party still has tremendous flaws to me.  But I can't question Trump's absolute shitshow handling of Covid19 and BLM because I get thrown in the with the "CR Cabal"  I think I've had 4 warnings or suspensions because I question how federal policy issued by the head of the executive branch of the federal government may have effected the interstate developments of Covid19.  It's fucking ridiculous but I'm fine with it, it ain't my website.  But the delicate snowflakes can't handle the fact that somebody who outranks them in the Texas GOP by a lot (not-so-humble-brag), looks at weird shit like facts to question Trump on DT threads.  Half the cities in the country are on fire, but we can't discuss that Trump's idea is to visit three large U.S. Cities...not to heal or talk reform...but to hold rallies.  That's bizarre to me that Trump is visiting Dallas, a city torn by protesting and rioting.  We can't talk about that visit on any DT threads.  Makes perfect sense.  But y'all's site, y'all's rules.  I have noticed some of the suspensions went from multi-week to just 24 hours which I think is a pragmatic step.  /rant

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

This is a bit hyperbolic but we're getting closer to this being the official slogan pretty much, "Comply or be Erased"  

the libertarian in me says it's overcorrection but then most of the politicians/celebrities/shows that got shitcanned because of cancel culture were crap to begin with and I won't miss them.  The one I miss, but he really did some creepy shit, is Louis C.K.  He's just now getting back out there.  While I wasn't a regular listener or anything, but he is so talented and seemed so warm and kind, is the cancelling of Garrison Keillor for some seriously trivial bullshit of touching a woman's back in a fucking photograph.  If you bother a celebrity to get a photograph and they lean in to you, just shut up.  It's not  like he tried to lick your breasts or something.  

Anyway, this is a discussion of how to better frame the threads on this board.  So I'll leave it at that it's amazing to me 120mm Americans did not vote for either Trump nor Clinton and we have to vacillate between DT and CR threads on very important issues of the day.  There were few critics of the Democrats more vocal than me before 2017 in the old CR, and I'd even get called out for name dropping Republicans I knew and worked with.  The Democratic Party still has tremendous flaws to me.  But I can't question Trump's absolute shitshow handling of Covid19 and BLM because I get thrown in the with the "CR Cabal"  I think I've had 4 warnings or suspensions because I question how federal policy issued by the head of the executive branch of the federal government may have effected the interstate developments of Covid19.  It's fucking ridiculous but I'm fine with it, it ain't my website.  But the delicate snowflakes can't handle the fact that somebody who outranks them in the Texas GOP by a lot (not-so-humble-brag), looks at weird shit like facts to question Trump on DT threads.  Half the cities in the country are on fire, but we can't discuss that Trump's idea is to visit three large U.S. Cities...not to heal or talk reform...but to hold rallies.  That's bizarre to me that Trump is visiting Dallas, a city torn by protesting and rioting.  We can't talk about that visit on any DT threads.  Makes perfect sense.  But y'all's site, y'all's rules.  I have noticed some of the suspensions went from multi-week to just 24 hours which I think is a pragmatic step.  /rant

Uh, yes you can.  It’s called the Cloak Room, dipshit. 

Well your consistent on messaging.  I brought up bringing up facts on the DT threads.  You just confirmed that those don't belong there.  Got it.  

I mean, you do realize that forum is called "The Daily Texan" for a reason (a print newspaper of some regard).  It was to collect news.  And news is meant to be informative and fact-based.  CR was supposed to the "Op-Ed" section, if you will.  

Edited by Lobo

29 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Yes.  We are 2 days away from aggy thunder dome people.  We need to all pause so we can collectively sit back and watch that glorious madness.

There won't be any aggy thunderdome.  aggy has and always will talk crap about how badass and tough they are, but when it comes down to it won't do a damned thing.  The past, the present, and the future have and always will confirm what we've known our whole lives..that aggy is just a collective bladder full of hot air.

Well I was told earlier in this thread that if I didn't allow politics in DT that Trump would turn into Hitler and take over the country and I don't think anyone wants that.

Now apparently a video from a right wing website is going to cause the downfall of society as we know it.

I've moved the thread to cloak room.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

A man just lost his job for what his wife posted. A news outlets just got mad at how an opinion piece was gonna harm people at the outlet, and hooped earrings are something to get mad at.

• Like 2

That's why I said "a Bit hyperbolic" and then agreed that we are inching quickly towards that full-on mentality being pervasive across all industry, not just some.  I basically agreed but thanks.  .  I have to admit, I'm a bit out of the loop (pun intended)---what's the story on the hooped earrings?  

22 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Well I was told earlier in this thread that if I didn't allow politics in DT that Trump would turn into Hitler and take over the country and I don't think anyone wants that.

Now apparently a video from a right wing website is going to cause the downfall of society as we know it.

I've moved the thread to cloak room.

Oh noes, we're doooooomrf doomed I say.

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

There won't be any aggy thunderdome.  aggy has and always will talk crap about how badass and tough they are, but when it comes down to it won't do a damned thing.  The past, the present, and the future have and always will confirm what we've known our whole lives..that aggy is just a collective bladder full of hot air.

Don't kill my dream Shooter.  2020 has already been hard enough.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Can't wait for the next showdown in the WilCo sheriff thread now that LivePD is openly campaigning to put the show on "Trump News Network" while destroying evidence and giving a hearty "fuck you" to police accountability and reform

"That doesn't look partisan to me at all" / BlackLab

14 hours ago, blacklab said:

Are you just here to troll?

I move stuff to CR and you get mad. Now you report a post in DT asking why is it here.

Would you make up your fucking mind.

Didn't there used to be just 2 rules to follow or get banned?  No death threats and don't fucking troll. 

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It would depend on what she did and who I worked for. Maybe put up specific examples instead of just drive by whining. Otherwise it will be met with laughing at the terrible injustices white people suffer. 

I didn't know were guilty of what others do.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-galaxy-player-fired-after-wife-makes-racist-comments-20200605-ny5dcvambbgixl2e7o3pqvkhcy-story.html

Edited by workswithseed

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

He's a public figure for a public team. If his wife posts terrible shit that the team doesn't want to be associated with, that's their right. He's their employee to remove for whatever reason they see fit. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

ok Karen

Is it full of cheeto man bad/your team/my team bickering?

You move a post bitching about your wishy moderation to its own forum so you can whine and make sure people rush to defend you and cancel Bama Chick. 

Surly Karen indeed. 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

I’m genuinely curious at this point how many pages this thread can go with the dead horse beaters constantly rotating back in with their new examples of inconsistency. At this point you all sound like a bunch of whiny bitches just for the record. It’s plenty clear you don’t agree with the moderation of DT yet nothing you repeatedly say will impact that. Also, once Derka shows up with his diatribe, everyone else should realize it’s time to move on.

Even the OAN deal, I have zero clue what or who OAN is. It was pretty clear once I clicked the thread, but it was pretty damn easy to click off the thread and move on to the next one once I realized it was an idiot posting idiotic stuff. Just ignore what you don’t like or agree with sometimes instead of constantly trying to explain why they are wrong. They don’t care, you’re not changing their minds, just move on to the next thread and let the other side have their echo chamber.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

A man just lost his job for what his wife posted. A news outlets just got mad at how an opinion piece was gonna harm people at the outlet, and hooped earrings are something to get mad at.

If you’ve ever met any MLS fans, you’d know he wasn’t fired for what she said, he was fired for not keeping her in line.

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I guess that's what this means. Tell your woman to shut up, or you'll lose your job.

I was joking, but plenty of people have lost their jobs because their spouses did stupid shit out in the public.    He happened to be in a sport with a large minority fan base, and his wife is out there mocking another minority and saying they should be killed.   Which of them thought that was going to go over well?

19 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I guess that's what this means. Tell your woman to shut up, or you'll lose your job.

Uh, a lot of people hesitated on Tom's hire because of Michelle's antics within the Houston sports radio world.   Negative attention is not the kind of attention organizations want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brew said:

Even the OAN deal, I have zero clue what or who OAN is. It was pretty clear once I clicked the thread, but it was pretty damn easy to click off the thread and move on to the next one once I realized it was an idiot posting idiotic stuff. Just ignore what you don’t like or agree with sometimes instead of constantly trying to explain why they are wrong. They don’t care, you’re not changing their minds, just move on to the next thread and let the other side have their echo chamber.

Onanism? Wtf?

Time to pull out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

You move a post bitching about your wishy moderation to its own forum so you can whine and make sure people rush to defend you and cancel Bama Chick. 

Surly Karen indeed. 

Pretty much every forum I've ever been on a rant like that would end in a permanent banning. I try to listen to the posters here to help make this a better place and I guess that's bad?

Some of you people are completely insufferable and seem to be on the lookout for outrage. 

To summarize how I feel about DT and the cloak room:

Discussion on topics in the DT should be news/current events related. Once it gets into partisan politics and bickering it will be moved or deleted.

below are examples of partisan politics/bickering which will result in bannings/moving of parts or entire threads.

• Why do y’all argue with that meth headed fascist?
  • You are a dumbass
  • Bro do you even orange man bad?
  • List the virtues of Jesus Christ’s teachings that Donald Trump embodies....
  • Yeah says the party of civil war cosplayers when they can’t get their hair cut 
  • Yeah, says the party of actually burning shit down.
  • Says the party that embraces white supremacists and turn a blind eye to their instigation 

Thanks.

You can now go back to bashing me and the moderation of this site.

• Like 6

I think it probably needs to be decided by topic. Some of them are too close and it's just too big a headache to keep politics out

there's plenty of posters who will happily blow dog whistles in borderline threads but loudly proclaim that they're not the ones who need to go to CR. 

moderating DT would be a lot easier if you'd just ban those posters into CR, BL. either that or accept that politics isn't going to stay out of borderline threads and move all borderline threads to CR. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Pretty much every forum I've ever been on a rant like that would end in a permanent banning. I try to listen to the posters here to help make this a better place and I guess that's bad?

Some of you people are completely insufferable and seem to be on the lookout for outrage. 

Discussion on topics in the DT should be news/current events related. Once it gets into partisan politics and bickering it will be moved or deleted.

below are examples of partisan politics/bickering which will result in bannings/moving of parts or entire threads.

• You are a dumbass
  • Yeah says the party of civil war cosplayers when they can’t get their hair cut 
  • Says the party that embraces white supremacists and turn a blind eye to their instigation 

Thanks.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blacklab said:

I know this is difficult but the analogy wasn’t about Trump turning into Hitler.  It was about our society turning into one that would accept a monster to lead it to its own destruction.  You hold the keys to a platform of public discourse.  It might sound trivial but the decision to censor political content is a big deal at this moment in history. I can’t tell you what to do because it’s not my message board but the decisions you make do reflect your values. 

Also,

don't fucking bitch in a thread that things are politics or "that's bait", etc.

If you feel a post is political please report it. 

If you report a post that's just a tweet or video please explain why it's bad. I don't have time to research every topic and tweeter that gets posted here.

The CHAZ is a great example. It's stayed pretty partasian free and mainly poked fun at some idiots, which this board is great at.

Yeah, I know the thread was probably started as bait, but it didn't go where I thought it was going to go to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

• You are a dumbass

Thanks.

Perma ban!! clap clap clap clap clap.  Perma ban!! clap clap clap clap clap.  Perma ban!! clap clap clap clap clap clap.

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

Uh, a lot of people hesitated on Tom's hire because of Michelle's antics within the Houston sports radio world.   Negative attention is not the kind of attention organizations want. 

1234.  Los Angeles is not even 50% white, and his wife goes on a tear about how black people should be killed.   There is no way this ends any differently than it did.

He'll be okay.  I'm sure Minnesota United has already made him an offer.

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know this is difficult but the analogy wasn’t about Trump turning into Hitler.  It was about our society turning into one that would accept a monster to lead it to its own destruction.  You hold the keys to a platform of public discourse.  It might sound trivial but the decision to censor political content is a big deal at this moment in history. I can’t tell you what to do because it’s not my message board but the decisions you make do reflect your values. 

Holy shit Hugo, this is a sports forum where many users found their way here because of cartoon dicks drawn by Thujone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2