Minneapolis is Burning-+* The moderators and admins of this site are TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT.

13 minutes ago, blacklab said:

well, I did put "From the DT Minneapolis thread -" at the top of the post

there's nothing in the post to indicate that you did that rather than bamachick.  i dunno what that post looks like when logged into a mod account, but on a regular account it looks like every word in it is bama chick's.  there's not even a "last edited by blacklab"

4 hours ago, blacklab said:

This is what drives me nuts and I wish I could correct the most. I want the info about him going into the bunker in the thread, that's news.

The problem isn't people reporting that, they don't as much anymore. The problem is the next post will be some snarky "he should stay upstairs" and then the next thing you know there's a whole page of posts ranging from "respect the office", "he sucks", "he's great", "you're an idiot","no you're an idiot", etc...

pretty good prediction on my part

• Like 1

yes, I know it's in the CR, no I didn't move it.

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

there's nothing in the post to indicate that you did that rather than bamachick.  i dunno what that post looks like when logged into a mod account, but on a regular account it looks like every word in it is bama chick's.  there's not even a "last edited by blacklab"

I already said I'm sorry for doing it.

What the fuck else should I do? Call the FBI and report myself for cybercrime?

• Like 2

Just now, blacklab said:

yes, I know it's in the CR, no I didn't move it.

What the fuck else should I do? Call the FBI and report myself for cybercrime?

just saying, going forward, and as you noted, if you're moving posts around, probably better to leave a bolded note in the post.  hayden and immamac too

55 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Just drop a few 'Fuck Trump' posts in there and they'll be lining up to blow you.

Even better, drop the same posts in the DT thread and watch that thread go absolutely apeshit, then say you were hacked.  

3 hours ago, Hate said:

Do we even really know if she is indeed a female? Has she posted her tits?

She posted a picture of herself in the CR shithole back in 2018. Who the fuck does that? 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

What the fuck else should I do? ...

... here in Castle Anthrax, we have but one punishment for setting alight the grail-shaped beacon. ...

Spoiler

a spanking! a spanking! a spanking!

Thinking about making a new forum for very active controversial news stories that bleed into the realm of public policy. 

The Minneapolis and covid threads would be moved there and others that are similar. In this forum there can be no political party discussions similar to the early rules of covid. Policy is allowed and political positions are allowed. If you break the rules you lose access to that board entirely and if you start posting about it anywhere but CLOAKROOM you get put into CLOAKROOM only and can't see the rest of the board. 

If you mention politics outside of CR or this special "halfway" board you get a real ban, starting at 1 day then going to 3 then a week then 2 weeks...etc

Thoughts?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Sincere question to the admins: 

How much of your moderating efforts involve policing the comments/behaviors of CR regulars (inside or outside of CR)?

that's a great question

I'm going to run some numbers tonight to research that

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

Thinking about making a new forum for very active controversial news stories that bleed into the realm of public policy. 

The Minneapolis and covid threads would be moved there and others that are similar. In this forum there can be no political party discussions similar to the early rules of covid. Policy is allowed and political positions are allowed. If you break the rules you lose access to that board entirely and if you start posting about it anywhere but CLOAKROOM you get put into CLOAKROOM only and can't see the rest of the board. 

If you mention politics outside of CR or this special "halfway" board you get a real ban, starting at 1 day then going to 3 then a week then 2 weeks...etc

Thoughts?

herdin cats comes to mind.

sounds good, but also an incredible challenge on the mods' part.  If it works, it could very well vent some of tension some feel for not getting to fully describe/ explain their position.

May the force be with you.

12 minutes ago, blacklab said:

that's a great question

I'm going to run some numbers tonight to research that

Just curious. They seem like a high-maintenance lot.

I've no solutions or even suggestions. If you banned them, they'd come back. If you deleted CR, they'd pollute every thread in every subforum much worse than they already do. If you try to confine them to CR, they bitch and moan and throw temper tantrums. If they get called out on such behavior, they bitch and moan worse than before and double down on said temper tantrums.

Whatever the solution, this "snowflake sycophant" is glad not to be in your shoes.

24 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So what's the position of the site on use of military force against civilians in policing actions and what should be considered "too political" for open discourse about it?

The site has no position on anything it's just a platform for people to talk about shit. It's an Internet community. 

My personal views have nothing to do with what content is allowed on the site. 

If you were wondering my position is that the peaceful protests are a great thing coming from a society that's fed up with the bullshit militarization of police on top of state sponsored racism. It's completely fucked and it's time for everyone to demand change peacefully. 

I also think if there is riots, violence and burning it should be targeted exclusively at the top 1%. Fuck. Them. All. There is no way to amass that kind of wealth without being fundamentally evil or greedy. You get what's coming to you. 

The fact that I think it's time for revolution and that it needs to happen in a psuedo-peaceful way has nothing to do with what other posters think or feel and shouldn't influence the content others want to post on the website.

Notice in my post I didn't talk about any teams or fucking politicians and still expressed my position on the situation?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, immamac said:

Thoughts?

So a halfway house for CR addicts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Thinking about making a new forum If you break the rules you lose access to that board entirely and if you start posting about it anywhere but CLOAKROOM you get put into CLOAKROOM only and can't see the rest of the board. 

have it redirect to TexAgs and you may be on to something. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Thoughts?

I was going to say you're thinking about it way too much and making it too complex - I don't know how much of a problem the Minneapolis thread is, but I would think that many got the message from the covid thread, who were given timeouts. 

And by the way, give them actual timeouts/bans for 1-day, 3-days, a week, etc.  Don't moderate their posts where they can still get posts in, just ban them from posting, bench them basically.  It works wonders.  I used to be a mod at Something Awful, and it was the simplest way to take care of the troublemakers.  And I'd toss in a $9.95 entry fee going forward, that keeps the bots out, and makes the shitposters think twice.

I will say this:  If you all of the sudden up the ante and bring in a new forum like that, and your normal team posters realize it, they are going to be reporting the shit out each other, and they are going to be going over every single post of people they don't like, and they will be going back through the thread trying to get people in trouble.  The threads will not be about policies or news or events or whatever, but about "can I get such-and-such banned".

It will become a massive time suck for you.

Keeping things confined to either CR or DT keeps things a lot more simple.

And, because we are entering a point where the President is calling up the National Guard to be deployed, etc., the lines are being blurred.  It's not political to say he was taken to a bunker or he called out the National Guard or the Secretary of Defense said that they should "dominate the battlespace" at a press conference, or that he yelled at Governors to do more or he would step in.

But some are either going to go "OH FUCK TRUMP SUCKS BIG COCK!" or "POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT TRUMP YOU LIBTARD!" and you should put those people on a real posting timeout for a few days.  

If people show a clear pattern of post-after-post going political, throw them in CR as well.

And encourage people to use the ignore feature.  A lot of this shit could be taken care of by we posters if we'd just put more people on ignore.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And encourage people to use the ignore feature.  A lot of this shit could be taken care of by we posters if we'd just put more people on ignore.

This. In terms of bang for your buck on admin efforts, Ignore PSAs, Ignore incentives, Ignore contests, fixing Ignore so it works on quotes...All of it. Ignore is the answer! Why will no one listen to me??

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Anastasis said:

His posting focus from the jump was to sow disinformation and discord among the posters here. 

Your posting focus for an entire year was to spread disinformation about both sides being the same. 

This. In terms of bang for your buck on admin efforts, Ignore PSAs, Ignore incentives, Ignore contests, fixing Ignore so it works on quotes...All of it. Ignore is the answer! Why will no one listen to me??

Maybe you’re on ignore?
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Thoughts?

Great idea. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I was going to say you're thinking about it way too much and making it too complex - I don't know how much of a problem the Minneapolis thread is, but I would think that many got the message from the covid thread, who were given timeouts. 

And by the way, give them actual timeouts/bans for 1-day, 3-days, a week, etc.  Don't moderate their posts where they can still get posts in, just ban them from posting, bench them basically.  It works wonders.  I used to be a mod at Something Awful, and it was the simplest way to take care of the troublemakers.  And I'd toss in a $9.95 entry fee going forward, that keeps the bots out, and makes the shitposters think twice.

I will say this:  If you all of the sudden up the ante and bring in a new forum like that, and your normal team posters realize it, they are going to be reporting the shit out each other, and they are going to be going over every single post of people they don't like, and they will be going back through the thread trying to get people in trouble.  The threads will not be about policies or news or events or whatever, but about "can I get such-and-such banned".

It will become a massive time suck for you.

Keeping things confined to either CR or DT keeps things a lot more simple.

And, because we are entering a point where the President is calling up the National Guard to be deployed, etc., the lines are being blurred.  It's not political to say he was taken to a bunker or he called out the National Guard or the Secretary of Defense said that they should "dominate the battlespace" at a press conference, or that he yelled at Governors to do more or he would step in.

But some are either going to go "OH FUCK TRUMP SUCKS BIG COCK!" or "POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT TRUMP YOU LIBTARD!" and you should put those people on a real posting timeout for a few days.  

If people show a clear pattern of post-after-post going political, throw them in CR as well.

I’d pay $10 to sign up if it would weed out the bots and socks.  Odds Hugo would still be around?

I agree @immamac you’re making it a little too tough on yourself.  Give people time outs and then sentence them to CR for a while  

Since the DT covid thread started, I’ve added quite a few users to ignore. Don’t think I had any before. There are some pages that are almost completely blank. What I’ve noticed is that when I go to other threads in Lulz, movies, food, very few of those I’ve blocked due to the Covid thread show up there. It’s only the CR and a little bit of the football board where they tend to post anything else.