Minneapolis is Burning-+* The moderators and admins of this site are TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT.

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

OMG a politician staged a photo. THIS IS HUGE IF TRUE! Do people know about this????  WHAT CAN WE DO AS A NATION????

Goddamnit you fucking fuckweasel. The issue is not the photo.

The issue is that thousands of Americans lawfully and peacefully assembled and protested and were met with rubber bullets and tear gas by the police. There was no legitimate reason for what the police did.

Have you watched the footage of the police in DC kicking shit off yet?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Anytime Hugo posts in DT would disagree with this statement. There's a huge amount of groupthink in DT. Don't kid yourself. And a lot of it comes from posters who used frequented CR for quite a while. 

I don't disagree with this, but that's like saying it's ok for me to smoke in this bar, why are people mad when I smoke at this restaurant? 

The rules are different. Call it a "safe space" or whatever you want. The rules is: no political talk in the DT. 

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Goddamnit you fucking fuckweasel. The issue is not the photo.

The issue is that thousands of Americans lawfully and peacefully assembled and protested and were met with rubber bullets and tear gas by the police. There was no legitimate reason for what the police did.

Have you watched the footage of the police in DC kicking shit off yet?

So no one is discussing it? No one saw it but you? 
no one cares but you? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Anytime Hugo posts in DT would disagree with this statement. There's a huge amount of groupthink in DT. Don't kid yourself. And a lot of it comes from posters who used to frequent CR for quite a while. There's posters quoting Breitbart articles and tweets. Circulating right wing propaganda talking points and conspiracies (brick piles, fake Antifa tweets). You're kidding yourself if you think there's not political posts in that forum. It's just politics most there agree with. 

This. So this. 

There's constant antifa talk in that thread. They might as well be talking about Chupacabra or the Loch Ness Monster. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

That crosses the line, bro. I'm done with you.

Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. 

And good dodge on if you have actually watched what the military did to peaceful protesters yesterday. You too, @Nicole44. People (that you listen to) aren't talking about it because it must not be important, and it must not be important because nobody is talking about it. Very sound logic.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 2

I just take offense at “fragile.” Lol. No way I survived this long as one of the few female posters by being fragile. I remember when I joined and my brother, cousin etc...(who post here) all said, “ughhh don’t do it.” I didn’t listen. Not one of them ever  gave me positive rep or anything close to support. Just told me to please not post nekkid pictures. So i don’t do that. “Nicole please don’t post nekkid pictures!” And that’s all I owe them. I frankly don’t give a fuck if I embarrass the some 10 or so posters that know me. Fuck them man! Lol! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Again stop conflating Donald Trump with politics, Donald Trump is not political as he has no political philosophy beyond self aggrandizement. Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Dan Patrick those guys are all fucksticks but its whatever. Trump is a threat to the very fabric of America and what America is supposed to be. Every check, every rule, every law we thought would protect us from becoming some dictatorship has meant nothing. The system has completely failed because no one ever imagined someone like Trump could be elected president. The sooner people understand that my side vs your side is actually America and the American ideal and the other side is Trump and his ego the sooner we can go about repairing the damage that's been done. This is the largest crisis America has face since the Civil War and there doesn't seem to be a Lincoln waiting around to save us.

LMFAO

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. 

And good dodge on if you have actually watched what the military did to peaceful protesters yesterday. You too, @Nicole44. People (that you listen to) aren't talking about it because it must not be important, and it must not be important because nobody is talking about it. Very sound logic.

So no water with the vodka today? You know my opinions and who I listen to and even what I’m thinking right this moment. We need a psychic thread where we just ascribe a lot of motives and opinions to everyone truth be damned. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I don't disagree with this, but that's like saying it's ok for me to smoke in this bar, why are people mad when I smoke at this restaurant? 

The rules are different. Call it a "safe space" or whatever you want. The rules is: no political talk in the DT. 

i

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

OMG a politician staged a photo. THIS IS HUGE IF TRUE! Do people know about this????  WHAT CAN WE DO AS A NATION????

You don't think it's a coincidence that he did that after news outlets like Fox ran with an exaggerated story about a fire that was quickly extinguished with minimal damage? 

This is why no politics in the DT is a fool's errand. And it skews to the right. 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

So no water with the vodka today? You know my opinions and who I listen to and even what I’m thinking right this moment. We need a psychic thread where we just ascribe a lot of motives and opinions to everyone truth be damned. 

Have you watched with your own eyes what the US military did to peaceful protesters yesterday in DC?

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

What is it you would like to see in DT and what is it you think is happening in CR that you don't want to see?

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What is it you would like to see in DT and what is it you think is happening in CR that you don't want to see?

I don’t make the rules. Last night watching the thread turn into a baby chopping love/hate Trump fest is not it though. I don’t have a problem with people discussing the use of military force on protestors as it was news. It happened and I saw it with my own eyes. I saw it. Debating about whether or not that was wrong I don’t have a problem with. Turning it then into a CR type Trump bad/Trump good turned me away. It was pages of it. And I don’t think it was just me. But it really doesn’t matter what I think. Attacking other posters because they don’t want to discuss it or they choose to discuss it outside of the DT isn’t productive. Moo. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t make the rules. Last night watching the thread turn into a baby chopping love/hate Trump fest is not it though. I don’t have a problem with people discussing the use of military force on protestors as it was news. It happened and I saw it with my own eyes. I saw it. Debating about whether or not that was wrong I don’t have a problem with. Turning it then into a CR type Trump bad/Trump good turned me away. It was pages of it. And I don’t think it was just me. But it really doesn’t matter what I think. Attacking other posters because they don’t want to discuss it or they choose to discuss it outside of the DT isn’t productive. Moo. 

What does a "CR type Trump bad/Trump good" mean?  What turned you away from it, was it just boring or did it make you feel uncomfortable?

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What does a "CR type Trump bad/Trump good" mean?  What turned you away from it, was it just boring or did it make you feel uncomfortable?

3 pages of it. It’s been described over and over. By other posters. More annoying than anything else since there is already a place for it. That and continued assumptions made by other posters about motives and beliefs most of us don’t have. That’s total bs. Because I know if I want to discuss it I have places where I can go to do so. And when I choose to do so. My political opinions aren’t going to sway anyone anyway. 

37 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

DT thread needs more nihilism and less dogwhistling. 

Edited by Gourmand

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

I mean why moderate beyond death threats and actual attacks on other posters?

58 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Why are we appeasing those people? Who the fuck cares what they are tired of reading, they can keep on scrolling if they want or put that poster on ignore. ...

Now imagine that the posts are longcat scat celebrations. 

• Like 2

We can't even have a discussion of moderation without people telling me their opinions and what I should be thinking about current events and how important they should be for me.

michal knight it's great that you'd like a free for all monkey poo slinging contest in DT, but the majority of us do not. I do not want to wade through 2 pages of "your team this" and "your team that" to get to a tweet and funny comments about it.

tumblr_nk1hakraMW1tk496vo9_250.gif

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

DT thread needs more nihilism and less dogwhistling. 

Or a Thomas J Henry commercial appearing in between posts so you can only read one at a time? Watched more tv since the COVID than I ever have and that dude has like two commercials per hour on every damn channel. 

The board pretty much is perfect as is. No need to tweak it really. I don’t put people on ignore because I like to read everyone’s posts mostly. 

22 minutes ago, blacklab said:

We can't even have a discussion of moderation without people telling me their opinions and what I should be thinking about current events and how important they should be for me.

michal knight it's great that you'd like a free for all monkey poo slinging contest in DT, but the majority of us do not. I do not want to wade through 2 pages of "your team this" and "your team that" to get to a tweet and funny comments about it.

tumblr_nk1hakraMW1tk496vo9_250.gif

Who is this majority you speak about? I'd like to see a show of hands

This thread is surprisingly productive. Michael Knight got to the crux of it on the last page.

Imagine if Surly existed in 1930s Italy or Germany.  Would the mods forbid criticism of Il Duce in the current events forum?  Would they allow Nazi propaganda in the DT threads while simultaneously forbidding posters from calling out the lies because they were too political?

Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

This sums it up perfectly. The "problem" is they don't see it as useless shit since they live in the "politics is everything" world.

That you think covid response and cops murdering a defenseless man is useless shit is pretty telling. Maybe the lulz forum is more your speed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This thread is surprisingly productive. Michael Knight got to the crux of it on the last page.

Imagine if Surly existed in 1930s Italy or Germany.  Would the mods forbid criticism of Il Duce in the current events forum?  Would they allow Nazi propaganda in the DT threads while simultaneously forbidding posters from calling out the lies because they were too political?

Yep, that's exactly what it's like

Holy shit with the hyperbole. Yes I'm forcing my moderate libertarian political views on everyone. You caught me.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

If I want to post on Trump’s response to COVID I’ll go to CR. If I want to know what Abbott or Clay Davis Jenkins or new cases in America / Texas, death rate, Fauci info, whatever - I can’t find it because of your dumbass TDS. 

Murdering a defenseless man is more Board consensus than “OU Sucks”. Think about that. There is NOTHING political about it. If I want to read about Trump’s dumbass tweet on the matter, I’ll go to CR. 

This is really fucking simple. Stay in CR. Stop looking for a fight. 

Again, I've got about 4 posts in that DT thread and just because you agree with a view doesn't make it not political.

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Holy shit with the hyperbole. Yes I'm forcing my moderate libertarian political views on everyone. You caught me.  

You're not forcing your views on everyone you're simply suppressing their views, which is a difference in form only.

• Like 1

Right on cue. This is why people tune you out. The sky has been falling for so fucking long that people have become totally apathetic. And then there was finally something that, while tragic, literally everyone agreed was horrible and needed to be the crux of change going forward and people were willing to talk, it all got hijacked by rioters and looters and all hell has broken loose and we are even more divided than before.
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

You're not forcing your views on everyone you're simply suppressing their views, which is a difference in form only.

Wrong, you are free to spew your partisan bullshit in the appropriate place on the board.

Does the first amendment allow you to walk into restaurants with a bullhorn and let all the diners know your hot takes on the latest topics?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

Right on cue. This is why people tune you out. The sky has been falling for so fucking long that people have become totally apathetic. And then there was finally something that, while tragic, literally everyone agreed was horrible and needed to be the crux of change going forward and people were willing to talk, it all got hijacked by rioters and looters and all hell has broken loose and we are even more divided than before.

Maybe it got hijacked by police and authoritarians? You ever think about that? We're only divided because you allow yourself to be divided.

Just now, blacklab said:

Wrong, you are free to spew your partisan bullshit in the appropriate place on the board.

Does the first amendment allow you to walk into restaurants with a bullhorn and let all the diners know your hot takes on the latest topics?

For your information, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint.

• Like 1

This is the largest crisis America has face since the Civil War and there doesn't seem to be a Lincoln waiting around to save us.

Imagine if Surly existed in 1930s Italy or Germany.

It really is terrible.  I was traversing the hellscape this morning to get some coffee and a mcmuffin and wondering if I'll be able to find the strength to carry on.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TriStone said:

It really is terrible.  I was traversing the hellscape this morning to get some coffee and a mcmuffin and wondering if I'll be able to find the strength to carry on.

Did you serve in Iraq? Were you at the World Trade Center on 9/11? You weren't? Well fuck those people then what do I care.

8 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Did you serve in Iraq? Were you at the World Trade Center on 9/11? You weren't? Well fuck those people then what do I care.

If I had would that make such hyperbole any less ridiculous?  Nice doubling down on the idiocy with the Iraq and 9/11 comparisons, by the way.

Edited by TriStone
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I get that if it doesn't prevent you from getting a mcmuffin so why should anyone care about it.

I didn't say it was easy to get my mcmuffin.  I mean, it's like Hiroshima and Nagasaki on steroids out there.

The real reason the @Michael Knight and @mdmost have their panties in the wad is that they don't have right wing posters like myself to battle with and they are bored. We left and took our toys with us and they don't like the fact that we are not around anymore in the CR. I signed out of my account to check the CR thread where my Trump Goes to Church post was moved. mdmost seemed like he was sad that I could no longer participate and made 2 different posts about it. What these guys don't get is that we play be the rules and don't engage in the  Orange Man Bad/Biden is the Spawn of Satan POLITICAL talk. Talking about the office of the Presidency and the rights, responsibilities and privileges associated with it is NON-POLITICAL. Discussing the ability of the President to walk to the burned out church without being at risk of harm and the means to accomplish it are NON-POLITICAL. I am a lawyer, I can follow the rules. blacklab had every right to move the thread to CR because guys like these can't color between the lines.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, blacklab said:

You have the advantage of hindsight with those examples but for the citizens of those societies, the behavior of the government was normal to those populations.  Most of the people in Germany never thought Hitler was capable of pulling off something as horrific as the Holocaust (before it happened.)

I’m not saying Trump is Hitler or that he’s going to put people in extermination camps. What I’m saying is the people of Italy and Germany couldn’t recognize the evil when it was right in front of their fucking faces and millions died because of their negligence. If you cannot see that Trump is a threat to peace and freedom now, what would it take?  What line would he have to cross?  Ordering the military to go on the offensive against peacefully protesting citizens is a rather large step in a series of dangerous steps.

I can’t make you anymore or less “woke” but any good faith scholar of history and politics can tell you the road we are on will not have a happy ending.  If you don’t care how history will judge us, then you have nothing to worry about.