Halp, The My Hair Is Thinning Thread

I'm 43. I still have my hair. But my hair is probably thinning and shedding when rough housing in water with the kids. The only part that may be noticeable is where I always part my hair in the back, but I don't spend a lot of time back there.

I always hung my hair hat on my maternal grandfather still having decent hair until his recent passing, but now I've heard that that is some bull shit. I mean, he really did die. I'm talking about the theory.

What can be done? What are the side affects? Does it affect my dick? Does anyone care?

Edited by JohnnyRage
  • Haha 1

It sucks but don’t waste any time worrying about it. If there was a simple pill with no side effects, why not. However that doesn’t exist.

instead worry and act on things within your control: relationships, career, health, etc.

Get a promotion at work and fire the guy with the best hair as revenge. (Just kidding... maybe)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I'm 43. I still have my hair. But my hair is probably thinning and shedding when rough housing in water with the kids. The only part that may be noticeable is where I always part my hair in the back, but I don't spend a lot of time back there.

I always hung my hair hat on my maternal grandfather still having decent hair until his recent passing, but now I've heard that that is some bull shit. I mean, he really did die. I'm talking about the theory.

What can be done? What are the side affects? Does it affect my dick? Does anyone care?

I laughed way too much at that line.

But honestly, I would just shave it all off. I'm on pace to have a gentlemen's haircut by age 35 and I don't want to spend $10k+ on hair plugs. That's why I'm doing all I can to get in shape so I can at least try to pull off the bald look like Joe Rogan can.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I laughed way too much at that line.

But honestly, I would just shave it all off. I'm on pace to have a gentlemen's haircut by age 35 and I don't want to spend $10k+ on hair plugs. That's why I'm doing all I can to get in shape so I can at least try to pull off the bald look like Joe Rogan can.

Joe Rogan looks like a thumb because of TRT. Theo Vons plug mullet looks pretty legit.

Pretty sure you're not ready for this yet but when you are, just shave it. It's only risky the first time (if you've never done it) because you don't really know what's under there.
Assuming you've got a decent head without a lot of dents or something... you may never want to come back. It's awesome and liberating.
Let your old lady marvel at the stubble and feel of your skull in her fingertips while you lick her kibbles and bits.
Trust me. 

Edited by Marfa Low Crown
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

Two weeks ago I had never heard of the guy. Last week I'm writing a proposal for some web work around his podcast. Now he's mentioned here. 

The King & The Sting is one of the only podcast's that I'll easily watch from start to finish. His old Netflix special is pretty funny. At first you might think it's a bit, but he's an extremely unique treasure (he may not be long for this world, comedic depression)

I did laugh when I watched some of the podcast while checking on audio and video sizes.

Some dude describes a crazy chick

Theo: Keep your seed far away from that bird, last thing you want to do is be driving across town every other weekend to drop off your kid.

also they had an episode on noodling and had that hot hannah chick on 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

FYI, when men are losing their hair, it's not falling out any faster than anyone else. Instead it grows back less and less until you have noticeable hair loss. This takes 10-20+ years for most men. 

If you seeing clumps of hair falling out, you should talk to a doctor because that isn't normal hair loss. And if your kid is yanking your hair, then that is on you to stop. Hair loss might be more noticeable in a pool because its easier to see when your hair is wet. That's when your wife and kids may notice it for the first time when you're in the pool and they're standing next to it looking down on your head.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm 36 and my forehead just keeps growing. Told my wife to let me know the second it starts looking ridiculous, then it's clipper time.

I'd be lying if I said I was completely thrilled about this, but I don't care enough to spend a bunch of money or take some medicine that might have side effects.

Walmart used to carry a Schick trimmer that had a vacuum feature. Lasts forever, but built in battery gets old and after a year or two you have to begin charging it every time you use it. It was about $50.

Think I bought this Philips a year ago for about $20 at Walmart. Now a lot more. Charges fast. Holds charge for a long time. I use the shortest attachment (light gray) for beard, and next to shortest for scalp hair. No vacuum feature, but probably superior to the Schick.

spacer.png

Walmart used to carry a Schick trimmer that had a vacuum feature. Lasts forever, but built in battery gets old and after a year or two you have to begin charging it every time you use it. It was about $50.
Think I bought this Philips a year ago for about $20 at Walmart. Now a lot more. Charges fast. Holds charge for a long time. I use the shortest attachment (light gray) for beard, and next to shortest for scalp hair. No vacuum feature, but probably superior to the Schick.
ead8c56b-2342-4c2c-9ce6-8705a07858ef_1.bfdead65c26229a874ad78fd76786ee3.jpeg

I have this as well. Works well. I could clip my own hair during the shutdown. Probably not perfect but good enough.