Mindful Politics Until Nov. 3?

tantric superman

Is there something to be gained by determinedly remaining calm, and focused, and not getting angry for the next five months before November 3, 2020?  I mean that both online and in real life.  I forgive anyone who responds irrationally to the vileness of Trump and his enablers.  Now that doesn't mean I don't hold them accountable if they do something criminal or say something that harms the effort to oust Trump and every Republican who is running. 

I'm just curious as to how you folks may be thinking of your approach for the rest of this year, given we are still deep in this pandemic and given the recent violence and given that Trump and his minions will try to incite the left to violence and all Americans to fear the violent darkies among us and the dirty white hippies who use us darkies for their own anti-American ends.

To me, the only way I can deal with this is going to be to achieve a Ghandi-like calm.  It feels as if virtually every understandable human reaction to Trumpism is going to be used against the anti-Trumpist, much like the retaliation is what gets carded in soccer. 

I realize that all of you have a different on-line personality than real life personality.  I am just curious as to whether your first impulse is to go low and violent, or if like me, you think the only way that you might possibly make a difference is to respond only at the highest levels, and thus not do anything that would appeal (or incite) the the pro-Trump/know nothing crowd.

7 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Is there something to be gained by determinedly remaining calm, and focused, and not getting angry for the next five months before November 3, 2020?  I mean that both online and in real life.  I forgive anyone who responds irrationally to the vileness of Trump and his enablers.  Now that doesn't mean I don't hold them accountable if they do something criminal or say something that harms the effort to oust Trump and every Republican who is running. 

I'm just curious as to how you folks may be thinking of your approach for the rest of this year, given we are still deep in this pandemic and given the recent violence and given that Trump and his minions will try to incite the left to violence and all Americans to fear the violent darkies among us and the dirty white hippies who use us darkies for their own anti-American ends.

To me, the only way I can deal with this is going to be to achieve a Ghandi-like calm.  It feels as if virtually every understandable human reaction to Trumpism is going to be used against the anti-Trumpist, much like the retaliation is what gets carded in soccer. 

I realize that all of you have a different on-line personality than real life personality.  I am just curious as to whether your first impulse is to go low and violent, or if like me, you think the only way that you might possibly make a difference is to respond only at the highest levels, and thus not do anything that would appeal (or incite) the the pro-Trump/know nothing crowd.

Oh, make no mistake, the long-game here is simple: vote out every Republican in every office.  Down to dogcatcher.  It will take better than a decade to do it here in Texas.  I'm up for the task.  I'm getting used to making campaign contributions, I'm going to keep it up.

There's a lot to be said for being the old bull in this situation -- "no, son....let's WALK down there, and fuck ALL of 'em."

37 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

spacer.png

I have never voted straight party before. I think it's lazy and that you should take a more critical approach to the positions of the people you're voting for and not just see if there's a D or R next to their name. Yeah, that's out the window this November. The Republican Party needs to be cleansed of the rancid rot that Trump has turn it into. 

• Like 2

Just now, mdmost said:

I have never voted straight party before. I think it's lazy and that you should take a more critical approach to the positions of the people you're voting for and not just see if there's a D or R next to their name. Yeah, that's out the window this November. The Republican Party needs to be cleansed of the rancid rot that Trump has turn it into. 

Eh, it was pretty rancid long before Trump got there.