Lets fix the police

Brisketexan

According to documents released by the police department, a sergeant was conducting a video audit as part of a monthly inspection and was reviewing footage from Piner’s car that had been classified as “accidental activation.” After the sergeant listened to the conversation and determined comments made by Piner and Moore were “extremely racist,” she contacted the department administrator for the camera system.

At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was “kneeling down with the black folks.” About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a Black female as a “negro.” He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a Black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore that he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon “we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)” Blacks. “I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.” Moore responded that he wouldn’t do that.

Piner then told Moore that he felt a civil war was needed to “wipe them off the (expletive) map. That’ll put them back about four or five generations.” Moore told Piner he was “crazy,” and the recording stopped a short time later.

According to police, the officers admitted it was their voices on the video and didn’t deny any of the content. While the officers denied that they were racists, they blamed their comments on the stress on law enforcement in light of the protests over the death of George Floyd. Floyd, a Black man, died last month after a Minneapolis police officer put his knee on Floyd’s neck for several minutes

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Did you watch the video? I figured you'd enjoy it. 

Ummmmm....it's a newspaper article?  I mean, I guess if you wave it in front of your face real fast, it can LOOK like a video....but no, I just read it.  I much prefer reading to watching videos anyway (videos take forever, and I'm a fast reader).

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummmmm....it's a newspaper article?  I mean, I guess if you wave it in front of your face real fast, it can LOOK like a video....but no, I just read it.  I much prefer reading to watching videos anyway (videos take forever, and I'm a fast reader).

Oh, the one I posted on the last page. Understandable though. I listen to videos at work, so it doesn't kill me at all really. I did give a small tl;dw. The lat ten minutes are his ideas how to fix the system.

5 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

There's no sugar-coating that one

Just note this -- that's a conversation that was inadvertently recorded.  How many more like it do cops have either with the recording device off, or safely out of recording range (at home drinking with their cop buddies, etc.)?  This could be a super-rare unicorn of a conversation or.....come on.  We both know it's not.  It just happened to be recorded, so they can't deny it.

Two fucking hours? How do y’all listen to all of these 2 hour podcasts and hour long videos? Does nobody wrote this shit down so we can read it in 1/20th the time?

At least share Cliffs notes.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Two fucking hours? How do y’all listen to all of these 2 hour podcasts and hour long videos? Does nobody wrote this shit down so we can read it in 1/20th the time?

Ha, I already told you. You can also speed up videos as well.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Lol. Told friend who sent the same thing. Where can I read it.

Any cliff notes runs the risk of giving someone a wrong impression. Give it 20 mins. 

Samuel Benjamin Harris (born April 9, 1967) is an American author, philosopher, neuroscientist, and podcast host”

Edited by ChickenSandwich

This is an article by a different author who touches a few topics discussed in the podcast. 

https://www.city-journal.org/reflections-on-race-riots-and-police

Coleman Cruz Hughes (born 1996) is an American writer and opinion columnist on issues related to race and racism at the online magazine Quillette, a fellow and contributing editor at City Journal, and a podcast host.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:07 PM, Brisketexan said:

I listened to the whole 2 hours, and it was definitely worth it.  I have heard much of the data he presents in much shorter formats, including TikTok videos that blast the same facts in your face in 20 seconds.  The shorter formats are consumed and dismissed just as quickly.  The person that can listen to the 2 hour mono-tone podcast (even while multi-tasking) is inherently more patient and open to evaluating their own opinion after hearing a logical argument.  Take the time to listen with an open mind.

1 minute ago, Elvis said:

I listened to the whole 2 hours, and it was definitely worth it.  I have heard much of the data he presents in much shorter formats, including TikTok videos that blast the same facts in your face in 20 seconds.  The shorter formats are consumed and dismissed just as quickly.  The person that can listen to the 2 hour mono-tone podcast (even while multi-tasking) is inherently more patient and open to evaluating their own opinion after hearing a logical argument.  Take the time to listen with an open mind.

As a welder, it's just really hard to read with a hot bright light in your face.

8 minutes ago, Elvis said:

I agree that one should absorb complete information, and not just a soundbite.  I'm just a REALLY fast reader -- put the same information in transcript form, and I can absorb it a whole lot faster.  I'm just not patient enough (nor do I have the time) to sit through all of the verbal pauses, etc.  I read, I don't watch TV news (except local news for the developing topics, sports, and weather, and I'm usually multi-tasking while it's on).  This is no different for me.

Edited by Brisketexan

How do you fix stuff like this though?

Look, man, they got a report of an outbreak of violins in the park, so they had to meet it with force.

But seriously...what the everloving fuck. It was a gathering of peacenicks with violin accompaniment, and they came in like fucking stormtroopers? What the fuck?

32 minutes ago, Pancho said:

How do you fix stuff like this though?

People need to learn to stop talking when filming these vids. The cops were out there looking to cause problems but hearing that bitch say “no” over and over made me root for her to get shot with a tear gas cannister in her face. It detracted from what was actually important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Send in the social workers!

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yes sir, yea you with the gun and crazy look in your eyes...can you set it down and we can talk this through?

Imagine being so stupid you think these are good posts. Holy Christ.

21 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Imagine being so stupid you think these are good posts. Holy Christ.

Remember when called me a racist, and I asked you to clarify, but you were too pussy to do so. Maybe it wasn't you, but another avatar that had a similar looking guy.

If it was you, well go fuck yourself, if It wasn't, well okay then, joke police.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

No need to sugar coat. You clearly didn't read the entire article. 

You see, despite essentially calling for genocide of Nwords, he's isn't racist. It's all the stress. He also has no problem with gays, it's just the F.t N.... Boss he deals with. 

If it weren't from all the pressure he faces and you took a moment he could tell you about his close black friends that he works with. 

I did read it. Maybe you didn't get my point

52 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

That "I'm a specimen!" cop is really asking for a lifetime of public humiliation.

Dude.  Everything about him is already making up for his humiliation:

sex-micropenis-1568254144.jpg

The only chance he's given a woman pleasure in his life is if he lucked into dating a masochist who liked to be beaten and abused.

Edited by Brisketexan

They're just heroes, doing their job purposefully creating needless violent confrontation in order to be TV stars: https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/williamson-county/live-pd-williamson-county-sheriffs-office-raid-cedar-park-robert-chody/269-407e78f8-c9e1-4d40-a04c-cea98a36099b

The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office is confronting a new round of questions about its tactics and relationship with the now-canceled show “Live PD” after a SWAT team takedown inside a Cedar Park family’s home was shown on live television. 

The raid happened just hours after deputies appeared to have bypassed a chance to peacefully arrest the 24-year-old man while he was in court.

That man and others believe the department staged the military-style raid for the reality cable show.

“It was all for TV,” said Gary Watsky, who watched as deputies burst into his home and arrested his only child following a fight with his roommate that led to an assault charge last spring. “It was all for show.”

The highly weaponized arrest came just three-and-a-half hours after Asher Watsky went through security and sat in a courtroom, just feet away from armed guards and bailiffs. 

Williamson County District Attorney Shawn Dick and others wondered why deputies didn’t arrest Watsky when he came to court as they routinely do with other defendants.

Dick said he inquired about the incident at the time and that sheriff’s officials acknowledged removing the warrant from the system so no one would see it that day. Dick said sheriff’s officials told him they considered Watsky dangerous and that arresting him with the SWAT team was safer.

Sheriff Robert Chody did not return KVUE's requests for comment.

Force in question

The May 2, 2019, arrest places new scrutiny on an agency already facing questions about its tactics and what some complain are overly aggressive law enforcement actions during what experts say should have been peaceful, non-confrontational encounters.

Three former Williamson County investigators with the sheriff’s office who are no longer with the agency said that it was not unusual days before “Live PD” tapings for supervisors to ask them to move forward with getting warrants for suspects who could be arrested on the show.

At least one, former sheriff’s investigator Gil Unger, said he complained to supervisors but felt his concerns went unheard.

The revelations concerning Watsky’s arrest come a month after the KVUE Defenders and the Austin American-Statesman revealed the story of Javier Ambler, a 40-year-old father who died after deputies Tased him four times, moments before his death. 

That incident -- also recorded by “Live PD” and shown in body camera footage -- never aired on the show. 

Deputies began chasing Ambler after he failed to dim his headlights to oncoming traffic and for reasons that remain unclear, did not stop.

Since then, Dick has confirmed that his office is investigating at least five other use-of-force encounters involving Williamson sheriff’s deputies, including the case of Ramsey Mitchell, who was injured after he tried to run from deputies on foot while “Live PD” cameras rolled.

What led to the home raid?

In Watsky’s case, court records indicate police first arrested him in September 2018 after his roommate said he was severely injured in an altercation. Police charged Watsky with assault family violence, and he was released on bond.

For seven months, he showed up on time for court and met other conditions of his bond.

“Anything else they really asked, I would be willing to do,” he said. “Passing drug tests. I haven’t missed a date. Just doing my best.”

On the afternoon of May 2, 2019, Watsky and his father walked out of the Williamson County Justice Center after Watsky had a pretrial hearing on a related charge that also stemmed from an altercation with his roommate. 

Like every visitor, he went through metal detectors before reporting to the courtroom of state District Judge Donna King.

What Watsky and his attorney said they did not know until after the raid is that a grand jury indicted him on a second charge stemming from another incident with his roommate. That indictment, alleging that Watsky hit him with a shovel, automatically triggered a new arrest warrant. It had been on the books for 15 days before Watsky came to court.

When they conducted the raid at the Watsky home, deputies were serving the second warrant.

The Watskys said they had no idea that a warrant had been issued until the raid.

“I can’t describe it,” Asher Watsky said. “It was like I froze. Like frozen in fear, and I was super scared.”

After he was in handcuffs and led outside, he realized what was happening: “The second I saw the cameras, I’m aware of the Live PD program, I figured out right then, I had a feeling what was going on,” he said.

Sheriff's office tactics under scrutiny

National law enforcement consultant Jeff Noble said police agencies rarely rely on the same tactics deputies used in Watsky’s arrest and often consider them dangerous to officers, the public and suspects themselves.

“That is not the type of situation to take lightly, but at the same it is not the type of situation I would expect a SWAT team to enter a home to make an arrest,” Noble said. 

Noble said he, too, is left with the same concern: “That this was staged for the value of live television.”

It’s not the first time someone has raised that possibility in the department’s two-year run on “Live PD.”

Williamson County Commissioner Valerie Covey asked during a meeting in May 2019: “Do we delay, do we change our process in order for the camera to be able to film it?”

Chody responded: “No, not that I’m aware of, no.”

But the Watskys feel differently. More than a year later, they are still badly shaken.

“It’s been tough,” Gary Watsky said, wiping away tears. 

The raid left the home with several thousands of dollars in damage. 

“Frightened in my own home, even after all this,” he said. “Even today, the doorbell rings, Asher runs to the other room.”

But they are also left with a feeling that their confidence in local law enforcement is shattered. 

“I said to one of the officers, as they were getting ready to leave, stone cold-faced in his riot gear, I looked at him and said, 'You should be ashamed of yourself for what you just did,’” Gary Watsky said. “And he just looked at me.”

He added: “Most people don’t deserve to be treated that way, no matter what.”

Just a few bad apples, folks.  Move along, nothing to see here.  CERTAINLY not an entire law enforcement agency purposefully creating a dangerous and violent raid -- instead of a simple arrest of a person who had already passed through a metal detector -- in order to look cool on TV.

Know what's funny?  Post a story about utterly shitty police conduct over an hour ago....and nobody even fucking cares.  It's so ho-hum and expected that it doesn't even move the needle.

OF COURSE the cops purposefully chose not to arrest someone when he was known to be unarmed and sitting right next to them, in favor of a fucking armed door-kicking raid right out of Fallujah HOOAH GIT SOME!  I mean....it's what they do.  IT's what they are.  We all know it.

But the real crisis isn't armed agents of the state repeatedly, relentlessly, and shamelessly abusing their authority at the expense of the very people they are sworn to protect, year, after year, after year.....no.  The REAL crisis is protesters and such the past couple of weeks.  

We are going to get nothing but more of the same from these cops, and it's apparent that's because that's just how we want it to be.

In this weeks chapter of "what could go wrong" and "defund doesn't REALLY mean defund, until it does", Seattle jumps the shark once again.  I'm sure the local communities won't suffer or see a spike in violence any time soon.  

EeRARbyUwAIwKz6?format=png&name=smallEeRATePVoAA1mdl?format=png&name=small

Edited by BabaYaga