Brisketexan

Lets fix the police

According to documents released by the police department, a sergeant was conducting a video audit as part of a monthly inspection and was reviewing footage from Piner’s car that had been classified as “accidental activation.” After the sergeant listened to the conversation and determined comments made by Piner and Moore were “extremely racist,” she contacted the department administrator for the camera system.

At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was “kneeling down with the black folks.” About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a Black female as a “negro.” He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a Black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore that he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon “we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)” Blacks. “I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.” Moore responded that he wouldn’t do that.

Piner then told Moore that he felt a civil war was needed to “wipe them off the (expletive) map. That’ll put them back about four or five generations.” Moore told Piner he was “crazy,” and the recording stopped a short time later.

According to police, the officers admitted it was their voices on the video and didn’t deny any of the content. While the officers denied that they were racists, they blamed their comments on the stress on law enforcement in light of the protests over the death of George Floyd. Floyd, a Black man, died last month after a Minneapolis police officer put his knee on Floyd’s neck for several minutes

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

No, see, it's just a few bad apples.  Did you not get the memo?

Did you watch the video? I figured you'd enjoy it. 

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Did you watch the video? I figured you'd enjoy it. 

Ummmmm....it's a newspaper article?  I mean, I guess if you wave it in front of your face real fast, it can LOOK like a video....but no, I just read it.  I much prefer reading to watching videos anyway (videos take forever, and I'm a fast reader).

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummmmm....it's a newspaper article?  I mean, I guess if you wave it in front of your face real fast, it can LOOK like a video....but no, I just read it.  I much prefer reading to watching videos anyway (videos take forever, and I'm a fast reader).

Oh, the one I posted on the last page. Understandable though. I listen to videos at work, so it doesn't kill me at all really. I did give a small tl;dw. The lat ten minutes are his ideas how to fix the system.

5 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

There's no sugar-coating that one

Just note this -- that's a conversation that was inadvertently recorded.  How many more like it do cops have either with the recording device off, or safely out of recording range (at home drinking with their cop buddies, etc.)?  This could be a super-rare unicorn of a conversation or.....come on.  We both know it's not.  It just happened to be recorded, so they can't deny it.

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Two fucking hours? How do y’all listen to all of these 2 hour podcasts and hour long videos? Does nobody wrote this shit down so we can read it in 1/20th the time?

At least share Cliffs notes.

Ha, I already told you. You can also speed up videos as well.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Two fucking hours? How do y’all listen to all of these 2 hour podcasts and hour long videos? Does nobody wrote this shit down so we can read it in 1/20th the time?

Lol. Told friend who sent the same thing. Where can I read it.

Any cliff notes runs the risk of giving someone a wrong impression. Give it 20 mins. 

Samuel Benjamin Harris (born April 9, 1967) is an American author, philosopher, neuroscientist, and podcast host”

Edited by ChickenSandwich

This is an article by a different author who touches a few topics discussed in the podcast. 

https://www.city-journal.org/reflections-on-race-riots-and-police

Coleman Cruz Hughes (born 1996) is an American writer and opinion columnist on issues related to race and racism at the online magazine Quillette, a fellow and contributing editor at City Journal, and a podcast host.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:07 PM, Brisketexan said:

I listened to the whole 2 hours, and it was definitely worth it.  I have heard much of the data he presents in much shorter formats, including TikTok videos that blast the same facts in your face in 20 seconds.  The shorter formats are consumed and dismissed just as quickly.  The person that can listen to the 2 hour mono-tone podcast (even while multi-tasking) is inherently more patient and open to evaluating their own opinion after hearing a logical argument.  Take the time to listen with an open mind.

1 minute ago, Elvis said:

I listened to the whole 2 hours, and it was definitely worth it.  I have heard much of the data he presents in much shorter formats, including TikTok videos that blast the same facts in your face in 20 seconds.  The shorter formats are consumed and dismissed just as quickly.  The person that can listen to the 2 hour mono-tone podcast (even while multi-tasking) is inherently more patient and open to evaluating their own opinion after hearing a logical argument.  Take the time to listen with an open mind.

As a welder, it's just really hard to read with a hot bright light in your face.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Elvis said:

I agree that one should absorb complete information, and not just a soundbite.  I'm just a REALLY fast reader -- put the same information in transcript form, and I can absorb it a whole lot faster.  I'm just not patient enough (nor do I have the time) to sit through all of the verbal pauses, etc.  I read, I don't watch TV news (except local news for the developing topics, sports, and weather, and I'm usually multi-tasking while it's on).  This is no different for me.

Edited by Brisketexan

How do you fix stuff like this though?

Look, man, they got a report of an outbreak of violins in the park, so they had to meet it with force.

But seriously...what the everloving fuck. It was a gathering of peacenicks with violin accompaniment, and they came in like fucking stormtroopers? What the fuck?

32 minutes ago, Pancho said:

People need to learn to stop talking when filming these vids. The cops were out there looking to cause problems but hearing that bitch say “no” over and over made me root for her to get shot with a tear gas cannister in her face. It detracted from what was actually important.

Send in the social workers!

Well, we already have the most militarized and armed police in the Western world, and have a higher rate of incarceration than any other democracy....and those crimes still happened.
So...excellent argument.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

have a higher rate of incarceration than any other democracy

Minor correction.  The highest incarceration rate in the world, period.  Both gross and per capita.  All the per capitas.

Yes sir, yea you with the gun and crazy look in your eyes...can you set it down and we can talk this through?

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yes sir, yea you with the gun and crazy look in your eyes...can you set it down and we can talk this through?

Imagine being so stupid you think these are good posts. Holy Christ.

21 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Imagine being so stupid you think these are good posts. Holy Christ.

Remember when called me a racist, and I asked you to clarify, but you were too pussy to do so. Maybe it wasn't you, but another avatar that had a similar looking guy.

If it was you, well go fuck yourself, if It wasn't, well okay then, joke police.

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

What is the protocol there?  Should he get out and have a conversation? 

easy don't drive anywhere near protestors.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

What is the protocol there?  Should he get out and have a conversation? 

I like how they get mad. 

On 6/28/2020 at 1:35 PM, Pancho said:

There’s this thing we could try, but everyone would rather pretend that the streets will turn into lawless anarchy.