preference on Daily Texan moderation

Daily Texan Moderation  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the moderation of the daily texan to be

• Like it is now with the moderators trying to keep political talk out
    • allow political talk

people report posts to blacklab saying "retweeting racist scumbag", "retweeting antifa communist" etc. what a bunch of pansies.

IMO, the DT threads about Minn and Covid are what the politics board could be without shitheads like Hugo wanting to devolve everything to Trumpkin/racist/hitler but whatever.  There is some back and forth but it rarely devolves into cesspool bullshit.

There is never going to be a clean thread, ever.  I just ignore what I want to ignore and respond to what I want to respond to.  Hugo and a few others want to drive it to the above so they can start the pos rep circle jerk.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

people report posts to blacklab saying "retweeting racist scumbag", "retweeting antifa communist" etc. what a bunch of pansies.

IMO, the DT threads about Minn and Covid are what the politics board could be without shitheads like Hugo wanting to devolve everything to Trumpkin/racist/hitler but whatever.  There is some back and forth but it rarely devolves into cesspool bullshit.

There is never going to be a clean thread, ever.  I just ignore what I want to ignore and respond to what I want to respond to.  Hugo and a few others want to drive it to the above so they can start the pos rep circle jerk.

Mee mee mee!  Everyone else is ze problem!  Fuck off man.  You’re a complete pussy who can’t handle anything that doesn’t fluff your hair and sudden tan profile.  

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Mee mee mee!  Everyone else is ze problem!  Fuck off man.  You’re a complete pussy who can’t handle anything that doesn’t fluff your hair and sudden tan profile.  

ouch I hit the frayed nerve with the few others.  sorry about that.  the cabal will be along shortly to pos rep you.  well done.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Anastasis calling me a troll is rich. 

I said you were trolling. Look within Hugo. You knows it’s true. 

You contribute literally nothing of substance to the various forums of this board outside the CR. Your singular purpose is clear to most of us. Outside of the cloak room your notable contribution is trolling the Texas game threads. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

What's your opinion on hurtful golf commentary?

Opinion: golf us not a sport, it is a leisure activity where some folks get paid a fortune for bullshit (why Lord why) and any mention of it as a sport or anything worth getting excited about should be punishable by being drawn and quartered. ( I know, unpopular opinions thread >>> >>>>>)

And in reality you don’t even contribute anything worthwhile to the CR. You never even had enough dignity or integrity to do a mea culpa with your right out horseshit in that forum. Only your fellow travelers afford you a cloak of credibility. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

Opinion: golf us not a sport, it is a leisure activity where some folks get paid a fortune for bullshit (why Lord why) and any mention of it as a sport or anything worth getting excited about should be punishable by being drawn and quartered. ( I know, unpopular opinions thread >>> >>>>>)

The 5 wood is the most overrated club in golf.

Prove me wrong [mention]blacklab [/mention] [mention]capnamerca [/mention] [mention]chitwood [/mention]

Well, now you’ve gone too far. You should be banished to only the Cloakroom for a month or until you take it back.

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Somebody has never been to the Waste Management Open...

8qFr4nKYDY6w_naUEyHcKbKQhUnaNaTNwgwg_8xP

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Laughable, your obsession with me is weirder than most.

This is the kind of shit that irritates people. You troll and then when people respond, you call them obsessed. 

You are the little brother in the back seat blowing air at your sibling after your father separated you two. "I'm not touching you! (giggle)".

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This is the kind of shit that irritates people. You troll and then when people respond, you call them obsessed. 

You are the little brother in the back seat blowing air at your sibling after your father separated you two. "I'm not touching you! (giggle)".

Oh gawd???  aggy???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Anastasis lies about things big and small, often mentioning me by name, unprovoked, in an effort to bait me into a back and forth where we go on for pages lobbing useless shit at each other.  I usually ignore him but Jesus he cannot stop himself.  He does this with other posters too but yeah, I’m the troll. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Anastasis lies about things big and small, often mentioning me by name, unprovoked, in an effort to bait me into a back and forth where we go on for pages lobbing useless shit at each other.  I usually ignore him but Jesus he cannot stop himself.  He does this with other posters too but yeah, I’m the troll. 

Not mutually exclusive 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Anastasis lies about things big and small

I think this gets to the root of why people hate politics in the DT threads. Opinions aren't lies. The problem I have with the current form of the CR is that anything that doesn't fit the narrative is thrown out as "lies & propaganda", but those that do fit the narrative are "the gospel truth". At the end of the day, I don't care. I live my life, care for my family, vote in every election since 1984 and try to make Surly a better place with shitty memes and Seinfeld quotes. And I'll continue to do that until Blacklab tells me to go away.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Anastasis lies about things big and small, often mentioning me by name, unprovoked, in an effort to bait me into a back and forth where we go on for pages lobbing useless shit at each other.  He does this with other posters too but yeah, I’m the troll. 

Hugo Stiglitz is here to separate fact from fiction everyone.  LOL. He brings a long track record of competency to the table in that endeavor. 

A poster with any integrity would quote the lies, both big and small, they are accusing another poster of.

A low integrity poster such as yourself, would shrink off and deflect after their cascade of horseshit fell apart. Just like you did with all of our exchanges around the Steele material once that shit got rolled. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Hugo Stiglitz is here to separate fact from fiction everyone.  LOL. He brings a long track record of competency to the table in that endeavor. 

A poster with any integrity would quote the lies, both big and small, they are accusing another poster of.

A low integrity poster such as yourself, would shrink off and deflect after their cascade of horseshit fell apart. Just like you did with all of our exchanges around the Steele material once that shit got rolled. 

Your lies are mostly when you talk about me as some nefarious bad actor.  You repeat it so often it becomes easy for other people to believe, hence the pile on. I’m not going to waste my time every day refuting your constant bullshit. You love baiting people to catch them in some kind of gotcha moment for reasons I cannot explain.  You are a talented troll in that you can spin other posters in circles for pages over nonsense with ease without losing your cool. Respect.  I know I’m wasting my time right now engaging with you so go ahead and post your gif. 

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

A low integrity poster such as yourself, would shrink off and deflect after their cascade of horseshit fell apart.

Edited by Anastasis

24 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

CLASSIC PROJECTION. 

How's the both sides working out for you? 

37 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I think this gets to the root of why people hate politics in the DT threads. Opinions aren't lies. The problem I have with the current form of the CR is that anything that doesn't fit the narrative is thrown out as "lies & propaganda", but those that do fit the narrative are "the gospel truth". At the end of the day, I don't care. I live my life, care for my family, vote in every election since 1984 and try to make Surly a better place with shitty memes and Seinfeld quotes. And I'll continue to do that until Blacklab tells me to go away.

Yeah, this is too true.

• Like 1