preference on Daily Texan moderation

Daily Texan Moderation  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the moderation of the daily texan to be

• Like it is now with the moderators trying to keep political talk out
    • allow political talk

12 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Please don't talk about soccer.  Coventry was FINALLY headed for promotion before the pandemic hit.

Wait, League one isn't doing promotion? 

Also--every time I think about Coventry I think about the Monty Python bit about "When was the last time Coventry City won the FA CUP?"

5 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Wait, League one isn't doing promotion? 

There's like five different options on the table that they're going to vote on next Tuesday.  If there's any justice in this world then I see us moving up, but you never know.

• Like 1

I prefer most politics to remain in Politics. Some events that line gets blurred, but I have no problem moving between the two threads. The discussions are varied on both and I don't agree with everyone on every thing, but that's how I learn about other viewpoints, especially if the poster contributes quality info. The three page back and forth name calling bits are tiresome, but after awhile things get back on track.

The ads are probably more annoying than any poster has ever been but it's your site and you should run it how you see fit.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I prefer most politics to remain in Politics. Some events that line gets blurred, but I have no problem moving between the two threads. The discussions are varied on both and I don't agree with everyone on every thing, but that's how I learn about other viewpoints, especially if the poster contributes quality info. The three page back and forth name calling bits are tiresome, but after awhile things get back on track.

The ads are probably more annoying than any poster has ever been but it's your site and you should run it how you see fit.

Well, I had cataract surgery on both eyes in January and retina surgery on one eyeball last month. Believe me,  after reading the FB & DT forums these past three months, I think it was a mistake and should have left them as they were. 

• Like 1

I stay out of the FB threads. The argument around why an OC calls the same futile play three times in a row is because "he sees something we can't see" vs. "yeah, I think that third concussion he got back in '87 is finally catching up to him and he forgot he called it two times already" is not as compelling for me as it is for some people. And that's okay. I like to watch the games w/o the talking heads on tv who don't know when to shut up, and share a beer with my husband during the commercials. DT is for all the news I missed because I hate our local channel and the Chronicle and DMN miss some of the good stuff y'all ferret out.

Even if you say no politics, there's some politics in many of the DT threads...and somehow we all survive.  Obviously if you go too far the mods have to babysit and I'm sure that's annoying af for them.  Overall, it's fine as is.  I can't imagine the giant abortion this board would become if you allowed full on political talk all over the god damn place.  Fuck that.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Even if you say no politics, there's some politics in many of the DT threads...and somehow we all survive.  Obviously if you go too far the mods have to babysit and I'm sure that's annoying af for them.  Overall, it's fine as is.  I can't imagine the giant abortion this board would become if you allowed full on political talk all over the god damn place.  Fuck that.  

It's either that, or perhaps one creates a specific thread within a forum that contains political discussion limited to that specific event w/o letting it escape into other threads. For example, a thread discussing how a pop singer totally missed the highest note in the Star Spangled Banner when a bumblebee flew up her nose prior to the start of the KC/Detroit game really isn't political but perhaps shouldn't take up six pages in a thread pertaining to the game. Likewise, a discussion specific to a player kneeling prior to a game between the Packers and Bears is both political and probably better off in its own thread or being moved to "Politics." Again, sometimes things blur the line but I'm inclined to agree with you. It sorts itself out pretty quickly and encouraging someone to create a thread in Politics often shows whether anyone truly wishes to discuss a topic or simply wave at the clouds.

“Hugo, what’s your deal, you only post in the cloak room and contribute nothing to the other forums.”

(Posts in other forums)

”OMFG Hugo is talking about political issues in the DT thread, outside the cloak room! This aggression will not stand! I will report this troublemaker to the mods.”

• Like 2

Just now, Js1 said:

You’re putting thumbs and fingers in your chili?!

If you haven't fingered the bean and then thumbed the brown meat, you're doing sex wrong. 

11 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

He doesn't finger the bean.

Funny, that's just what your mother said.  

Ahhh, I'm just kidding you obviously-not-racist sumbitch.  I'm sure you gotta head out to get to a rally with Rex Kramer, so I'll log off and listen.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Funny, that's just what your mother said.  

Ahhh, I'm just kidding you obviously-not-racist sumbitch.  I'm sure you gotta head out to get to a rally with Rex Kramer, so I'll log off and listen.  

over your head superman GIF

I am superman, I don't understand.

Also if you search plane over head for a gif, the first one is a chick asking to be spanked.

If I have to watch people put ketchup on hot dogs, you can tolerate people who put beans in chili.  Our political dialogues may have gone to shit in this country, but we're going to maintain a modicum of decorum when it comes to our pocket dogs.  /rafi

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

If I have to watch people put ketchup on hot dogs, you can tolerate people who put beans in chili.

I actually don't have a problem with people putting beans in chili if they are poor.  Not a joke or anything - I've done the poor thing, and I knew plenty who used beans in all kinds of stuff to stretch things out.

But if you can afford it, you should be required to avoid them.

34 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

What part of my post about society in Nigeria was considered "racism" enough to draw a warning from @blacklab?

Lot of awful, horrible, bad shit going on and I didn't mention any of it yet got the infamous red card.  You know what, fuck you.

I think it was cause it just wasn't on topic. I could be wrong though.