Brennan Eagles taking a stand

TonyTexas

If I'm Tom Herman I'm sending every black  recruit over to TexAgs, where they will find about 400 threads that go along the lines of this one:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3117215

Seriously, they are collectively be biggest group of racist assholes on the planet.  Every single thread on this subject has the same "BLM is just a bunch of people trying to guilt you into paying them"  tone. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Kinda figured that's why the 'Bama grad xfer popped up, plus hadn't seen word or image one about Eagles in any of the tweeting.

That guy hasn't sniffed the lineup there, and he apparently isn't going to sniff it again (hence the transfer). Are we sure we want that guy? Kinda depends on how WR is going next year. 

Outside of the LSU game and the KU game he has been a non-factor in most games played in. I like him as a player and think he can be a valuable piece but not someone that couldn't be replaced if he opts to leave.

I do believe that he is making a mistake if he leaves the team as the audience for his message shrinks considerably.

Brennan Eagles the Longhorn football player who lets say has 75 catches this year and a great season - huge audience

Brennan Eagles former athlete now just a UT student - next to no audience

13 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Outside of the LSU game and the KU game he has been a non-factor in most games played in. I like him as a player and think he can be a valuable piece but not someone that couldn't be replaced if he opts to leave.

I do believe that he is making a mistake if he leaves the team as the audience for his message shrinks considerably.

Brennan Eagles the Longhorn football player who lets say has 75 catches this year and a great season - huge audience

Who knows his potential? Maybe he will find an avenue for an even larger platform. He deserves our support regardless. 

I for one believe the young man. I think he wants to try to make a difference outside of football. The fan in me hates having to game plan for the season without him, but the realist in me knows he has taken his last snap in burnt orange. 

18 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If I'm Tom Herman I'm sending every black  recruit over to TexAgs, where they will find about 400 threads that go along the lines of this one:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3117215

Seriously, they are collectively be biggest group of racist assholes on the planet.  Every single thread on this subject has the same "BLM is just a bunch of people trying to guilt you into paying them"  tone. 

Well that page got pulled in a hurry.  Anyone have a screenshot?

19 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well that page got pulled in a hurry.  Anyone have a screenshot?

Well, crap.  I can't believe they took it down.  Doesn't matter.  One of the threads over there says that Brennan Eagles is "virtue signaling."  Jimbo has a bit of a problem because he can't let his players "virtue signal"  in the same way without pissing off 65% of his fan base. I have to say that I'm proud of Herman for letting his players talk about this if only because it's morally right, even though it may cost Texas some fans. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

One of the threads over there says that Brennan Eagles is "virtue signaling."

What exactly is he supposed to do?  I don't know, maybe put on risk and trial his very livelihood and future as a professional athlete for a cause he believes in.  We call that conviction where I'm from.  How about this then haters, put up your job or business.  Your future source of income on the line for something you believe in then?  Or are you content to bitch out behind a keyboard and throw stones.

4 hours ago, longhrnfan said:

That guy hasn't sniffed the lineup there, and he apparently isn't going to sniff it again (hence the transfer). Are we sure we want that guy? Kinda depends on how WR is going next year. 

Well, it seems like we want some body at WR, and while he hasn't shown much in Tuscaloosa, he was apparently the top-rated WR in Texas out of HS in a group that included Reagor and CeeDee Lamb, so he wasn't a complete stiff. If Eagles flies, this guy might be worth a look... 

15 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

What exactly is he supposed to do?  I don't know, maybe put on risk and trial his very livelihood and future as a professional athlete for a cause he believes in.  We call that conviction where I'm from.  How about this then haters, put up your job or business.  Your future source of income on the line for something you believe in then?  Or are you content to bitch out behind a keyboard and throw stones.

Are you reading the same thread I am? Not seeing a lotta hate in here, me. I see a range of concern about Eagles potentially not playing, and the effects thereof on both himself and the team, from "meh" to "oh, nooooo" on both issues.

EDIT: by the way, is your last sentence a question, or no?

18 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Well, it seems like we want some body at WR, and while he hasn't shown much in Tuscaloosa, he was apparently the top-rated WR in Texas out of HS in a group that included Reagor and CeeDee Lamb, so he wasn't a complete stiff. If Eagles flies, this guy might be worth a look... 

He's already committed to Mississippi State.

On 6/10/2020 at 9:44 AM, BrazilHorn said:

Why would he be a UT Student? Is he going to pay for school at a place where his deep seated moral convictions won’t let him play football and attend class for free?

On 6/10/2020 at 12:07 PM, BabaYaga said:

How about No. I’ll keep my livelihood and politics/religion separate, thank you. I don't see anything noble in this shit. I actually like the secret ballot and think the country and the world would be way better off without all the virtue signaling and shaming and labeling. Try effecting change positively instead of calling people out who do not agree with your position. That is what creates meaningful and lasting change, not this socialized cock measuring.

• Like 8

On 6/12/2020 at 7:55 PM, Alien Octopus said:

How about No. I’ll keep my livelihood and politics/religion separate, thank you. I don't see anything noble in this shit. I actually like the secret ballot and think the country and the world would be way better off without all the virtue signaling and shaming and labeling. Try effecting change positively instead of calling people out who do not agree with your position. That is what creates meaningful and lasting change, not this socialized cock measuring.

I'm in 100% agreement with this - my only point is the conviction of Eagles and the skin in the game to risk his future and possible livelihood...to me, this is more than a signal and more a matter of actual conviction.  Something severely lack these days.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2020 at 8:58 PM, LTtxfan said:

Fyi...

Looks like he may have learned one of the greatest lessons in American Life:

You can try to change the country for the better then you realize just how many miserable, racist, irredeemable pieces of shit are in this country and it's just better to go make your money and GTFO when you can. 

That's the 21st century generation American dream. Make enough money to live in a better country. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 24

You can try to change the country for the better then you realize just how many miserable, racist, irredeemable pieces of shit are in this country and it's just better to go make your money and GTFO when you can. 
That's the 21st century generation American dream. Make enough money to live in a better country. 
Lol if you think the U.S. is even close to the most racist country on the planet..

But i know most Americans dont have a passport, so cant blame you for your delusion. Good luck to you sir..lol
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

5 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

How close are ya, just wondering.

6 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Nobel.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Good lord. I thought off-season sucked more than just about anything but apparently Covid off-season sucks even more than regular off-season.

7 hours ago, ousux said:

Lol if you think the U.S. is even close to the most racist country on the planet..

Haha.  My Vietnamese friend said Asians are the most racist because they hate other Asians.  Said he'd be better off bringing home a white girl or black girl than bringing home a Korean girl, (or Chinese, Japanese, Laotian, I can't remember the specifics)

33 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Haha.  My Vietnamese friend said Asians are the most racist because they hate other Asians.  Said he'd be better off bringing home a white girl or black girl than bringing home a Korean girl, (or Chinese, Japanese, Laotian, I can't remember the specifics)

I have lived & traveled all over the world. Everybody hates somebody. There's always some group that has folks saying "fuck those guys"

• Like 5

Lol, you guys need more black friends. You'll be shocked how many align with @Wanker Bob post at this time in history. And yes, there's definitely a return to the motherland movement brewing. I have a friend I talked to yesterday who moved to Ghana. I have another friend who's looking to reschedule his trip to Cape Town to look for properties. They both grew up in inner city Houston/Dallas and are generational Texans.

8 hours ago, ousux said:

True, but do they religiously beat their chest and pat themselves on the back re: how great they are like we love to do?

54 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Ironically, the letter of demands sent by the student body and athletes was written primarily by an Asian student.

6 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:. I have another friend who's looking to reschedule his trip to Cape Town to look for properties. They both grew up in inner city Houston/Dallas and are generational Texans.

LOL, moving to Cape Town to escape racism. I visited there last year. Imagine every white neighborhood in Westlake, LT, and Cedar Park surrounded by electrified fence and converting wire cause that is every suburb in and around Cape Town. And the Shantytowns make East Austin look like the French Riviera.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Dennison’s sock?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

LOL, moving to Cape Town to escape racism. I visited there last year. Imagine every white neighborhood in Westlake, LT, and Cedar Park surrounded by electrified fence and converting wire cause that is every suburb in and around Cape Town. And the Shantytowns make East Austin look like the French Riviera.

Cape Town is touristy too.  Try visiting Johannesburg to see the conditions there.  I visit SA a couple of times a year.  Visiting is enough as I would not want to live there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Imagine every white neighborhood in Westlake, LT, and Cedar Park surrounded by electrified fence and converting wire cause that is every suburb in and around Cape Town.

that’s just until they can leave.  south africa is on its way to becoming zimbabwe.  I played rugby at UT with a guy from rhodesia.  he’d seen some shit. 

• Like 1

Asians hate black people more from what I’ve heard. Followed by other Asians