Lakehouses Gone Wild

I'm hearing lakehouse purchases and waterfront lot purchases are going up fast.  Of course. We are nearly in a depression so the natural reaction is to buy a lakehouse. I understand the Lake Travis flood zone changed as a result of floods the last few years. I'm a bit confused by that. It's my understanding you can only build above the 100 year flood plain, but when I look on the Lake Travis maps, it seems like many/most lots are within that flood plain now. What am I missing?

That place is a bit of a fixer upper.  I'm looking for something more move in ready.
For real though, that is incredible.  Always amazes me when I see a place like that and then remember it is their 2nd or 3rd house.

The story is that a couple built it and then he decided to trade in the wife for a newer model. She got the house as part of the settlement. I guess she needs the cash now. I’d bet she’s ready to make a deal.

On 6/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, Dbeasy said:

We are nearly in a depression so the natural reaction is to buy a lakehouse.

Depressions and recessions are buyers markets. People buying lakehouses right now are not the people struggling through this economic downturn. This is how the wealth gap continues to widen.

Depressions and recessions are buyers markets. People buying lakehouses right now are not the people struggling through this economic downturn. This is how the wealth gap continues to widen.

Exactly. The rich get richer during these times.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

The story is that a couple built it and then he decided to trade in the wife for a newer model. She got the house as part of the settlement. I guess she needs the cash now. I’d bet she’s ready to make a deal.

I saw there was a crib in one of those pics.  Was the incumbent wife still young enough that they still had little kids or was that probably for grandkids?

You talking about sex?

I saw there was a crib in one of those pics.  Was the incumbent wife still young enough that they still had little kids or was that probably for grandkids?

No idea as I don’t know who owns it. My aunt and uncle have a house a few doors down and the got the scoop from the contractors while it was being built. I would assume it’s for the grandkids based on the husband trading the old wife in.
  • Like 1