QB Jake Fromm Releases Apology For Calling Himself an Elite White Person

Vic Mackey

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hell yeah colossal dickheads never do well as NFL QBs

1175373494-850x560.jpeg

Not what I said. Plenty of successful dickheads in the NFL. I just don't think he's that good, and he's not smart enough to overcome his lack of what I call "playability:.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Because as long as you were joking, it isn't racist!!

What do you think was racist about saying, presumably jokingly, only white people should be able to buy something? If he didn't actually mean it, what was racist about it, in your opinion?

Whether anyone found the joke funny or not, it is a combination of tongue-in-cheek and gallows humor. I don't know what's in his heart or mind, but the joke looks to me like someone sending up his status and the widespread assumption of white privilege. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

What do you think was racist about saying, presumably jokingly, only white people should be able to buy something? If he didn't actually mean it, what was racist about it, in your opinion?

Whether anyone found the joke funny or not, it is a combination of tongue-in-cheek and gallows humor. I don't know what's in his heart or mind, but the joke looks to me like someone sending up his status and the widespread assumption of white privilege. 

I just think homegirl exposing him because his career “was built off of black bodies” is kinda funny. Jake Fromm had a solid freshman year, somehow got Justin fields to transfer, and was carried for the rest of his time at Georgia. So in that sense, she’s right.

41 minutes ago, jkates said:

If we're going to cancel everyone that makes dumb jokes, this isn't going to be a very fun world. 

If we stick to people that make dumb jokes about them being elite whites and having the only access to special munitions would that do something for ya? Not sure how you're expanding this example to "everyone that makes dumb jokes." 

Edit: OH, not to mention "cancel" culture is a bullshit snowflake issue. Fromm isn't being cancelled from shit. He'll still be making millions next year. Not to call you out specifically for this shit, but I'm tired of hearing it from comedians and celebrities when very few people actually get "cancelled". 

Edited by BurdineBandit

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Fake tits suck.

I think you meant to say I suck fake tits.  Are you dyslexic or somethin?  While we can all agree Jake can and should do better this seems like bad juju on the girls part.  She’s clearly getting back at him under the cover of “I’m doing my part”.   

45 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Edit: OH, not to mention "cancel" culture is a bullshit snowflake issue. Fromm isn't being cancelled from shit. 

then it seems like you have an issue with the nomenclature, because even if you want to take the word "cancel" as literally as you possibly can in order to pretend it's not actually a thing, the outrage culture is an obstacle. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jkates said:

If we're going to cancel everyone that makes dumb jokes, this isn't going to be a very fun world. 

Was it a dumb joke?   Yes, yes it was.   Are dumb jokes fun?   Only if you're a dad (See: Dad Jokes)

Was it also a racist joke?   Yes, yes it was.  Are racist jokes fun?   Only if you're a racist. (See: Racism)

Most, I'm sure, wouldn't advise you make neither dumb nor racist jokes, but if your point is that racist jokes don't matter if it was a dumb, racist joke, then that's a terrible take.   (It is also a terrible take if you don't understand why it would be racist.)

If your point was that all dumb jokes shouldn't be lumped in with racist jokes when discussing appropriateness, then that's a better take as not all dumb jokes are racist jokes and they should be judged on their own, non-racist, merits.   Though helpful advice for anyone starting a career in comedy, and I'm sure appreciated by personified non-racist dumb jokes the world over, it is definitely a unique view on the situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurtlocker said:

if your point is that racist jokes don't matter if it was a dumb, racist joke

what if it were satirizing the thought process of someone who actually expects white privilege? I'm not saying Fromm is some sophisticated satirist, but I personally do read that joke as him sending up his status. 

and, again, I don't think someone jokingly insisting his skin color entitles him to privilege is the same as someone jokingly denigrating another race-- that is particularly why I think his joke was harmless. He didn't make a Carrolton video; he didn't even mention another race. It reads like a jokey "dopey white person with expectations" remark. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

Was it a dumb joke?   Yes, yes it was.   Are dumb jokes fun?   Only if you're a dad (See: Dad Jokes)

Was it also a racist joke?   Yes, yes it was.  Are racist jokes fun?   Only if you're a racist. (See: Racism)

Most, I'm sure, wouldn't advise you make neither dumb nor racist jokes, but if your point is that racist jokes don't matter if it was a dumb, racist joke, then that's a terrible take.   (It is also a terrible take if you don't understand why it would be racist.)

If your point was that all dumb jokes shouldn't be lumped in with racist jokes when discussing appropriateness, then that's a better take as not all dumb jokes are racist jokes and they should be judged on their own, non-racist, merits.   Though helpful advice for anyone starting a career in comedy, and I'm sure appreciated by personified non-racist dumb jokes the world over, it is definitely a unique view on the situation.

Is there such a thing as an elite black person?

Jay-Z? Kanye West? Lebron?
Not sure the true definition of elite and how you classify people as being elite.

I guess that’s my point. I don’t care for him but I honestly don’t think his post was racial but of course I try to see the good in people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re going to make a racist joke, you better be sure it’s going to be funny. Otherwise you just look like a racist unfunny moron. 

Have to add: I was actually always very impressed by Fromm. He started all 4 years at Georgia without ever actually being that good. Seriously, I don’t know how he did it. Sugar Bowl proved that he was nowhere near the same class as Sam.

Edited by Helobious
  • Like 3

On 6/5/2020 at 10:01 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ya know when they get older the tits starts to sag, real or not. Smaller (not too damn small), perkier,  stay perkier into the future, longer....  

That's all I've got to say about that.

Mrs.Brat’s stayed perky until well into her 60s.

• Like 3

On 6/4/2020 at 4:28 PM, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, agreed. How exactly is that funny? And how does it being "tongue in cheek" make it not racist? 

It doesn't necessarily make the joke not racist but if it doesn't have malicious intent then its being overblown.

If you’re going to make a racist joke, you better be sure it’s going to be funny. Otherwise you just look like a racist unfunny moron.    Have to add: I was actually always very impressed by Fromm. He started all 4 years at Georgia without ever actually being that good. Seriously, I don’t know how he did it. Sugar Bowl proved that he was nowhere near the same class as Sam.

I am Asian and have zero problem with an Asian joke as long as it’s funny and isn’t mean spirited.  

Also if you are going to be offended by a racially based joke, don’t be the guy who’s outraged by a joke concerning one race but has zero problem with a joke about another race - and there are a lot of those hypocrites out there.

• Like 6