Even Putin is fucking with Trump

luke duke

1 hour ago, luke duke said:

A big part of Putin’s game is to weaken the U.S. to moments when he can stand in front of his domestic audiences, point at America and say, “You see, their country is a bigger shit hole than ours.  Why would we ever want to embrace their style of democracy? I will never allow Russia to become as bad as the United States and that’s why I should be your leader for another 20 years.”

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A big part of Putin’s game is to weaken the U.S. to moments when he can stand in front of his domestic audiences, point at America and say, “You see, their country is a bigger shit hole than ours.  Why would we ever want to embrace their style of democracy? I will never allow Russia to become as bad as the United States and that’s why I should be your leader for another 20 years.”

It's working. All he needed was a muppet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Protesters in the streets of Moscow scare the shit out of Putin. 

Damn right. I've read that this was an important event for his rise to prominence.

As a 37-year-old KGB lieutenant colonel stationed in the East German city of Dresden, Putin watched nervously as angry crowds stormed the city’s huge Stasi compound in December 1989. Overrunning the offices of the East German secret police, the crowds moved on to its inner sanctum: the KGB headquarters. Putin called for armed backup to protect the employees and the sensitive files hidden inside, but was told no help would come. “Moscow is silent,” said the voice on the line. He had no choice but to go outside and lie to the crowds that he had heavily armed men waiting inside who would shoot anyone who tried to enter. The bluff worked, the mob dissipated and the KGB’s files on informers and agents remained safe.

• 6 months later...

This thread seems like a good place to park this. Although it's not Trump specific, it's a nice read/analysis of Putin's recent presser. Some real gems in there while the questions and answers go back and forth. Some relate to how to view Putin's responses to questions and his techniques, some relate to how we, as Americans, should pay attention because these techniques are being used here and will become more prevalent as a more polished version of Trump will emerge in the future. (Like the thread I posted in the QAnon thread last night regarding the ARG).

Spoilered for brevity; two separate spoilers for those who really like to read; it was a long presser but useful....

Spoiler

Second part here: Like the spoiler above, scroll through and look for the better stuff. I posted his entire thread for ease of reading continuity.

Spoiler

There is more to the thread, the press conference was long but the rest is much more Russia specific and is easy to locate on his account.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 years later...

From the article...WTF...

General SVR frequently claims that Putin used body doubles that were swapped in for the Russian leader for public events and foreign visits.

A lookalike, it is claimed, was used by Kremlin officials during the recent trip to China during a meeting with Xi Jinping, according to SVR.

However, the reported body double is said to have suffered a facial malfunction.

General SVR wrote: "The fault is again with the double's 'floating' cheekbones, which do not stay in place and move in different directions.

"The double initially had less expressive cheekbones, which, as a result of plastic surgery, were 'enlarged' and made similar to Putin's cheekbones.

"But it was impossible to make sure they stayed stationary in the right places."

General SVR's claims have not been verified though recent Japanese AI analysis and various media reports have raised speculation about Putin's potential use of body doubles for public appearances.

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

From the article...WTF...

General SVR frequently claims that Putin used body doubles that were swapped in for the Russian leader for public events and foreign visits.

A lookalike, it is claimed, was used by Kremlin officials during the recent trip to China during a meeting with Xi Jinping, according to SVR.

However, the reported body double is said to have suffered a facial malfunction.

General SVR wrote: "The fault is again with the double's 'floating' cheekbones, which do not stay in place and move in different directions.

"The double initially had less expressive cheekbones, which, as a result of plastic surgery, were 'enlarged' and made similar to Putin's cheekbones.

"But it was impossible to make sure they stayed stationary in the right places."

General SVR's claims have not been verified though recent Japanese AI analysis and various media reports have raised speculation about Putin's potential use of body doubles for public appearances.

The GF malfunctions every time I give her a facial.

• Like 1