San Antonio: Stone Oak Evacuation Alert

F250

Anyone know what is going on in Stone Oak? My son texted me that he got a Evacuate Immediately alert on his phone a few minutes ago. I checked the news but it just mentioned that the fire department, SAPD and FBI were responding. My son was by the HEB at Evans/281 and he thinks that its being evacuated.

• Like 1

Police are trying to find out how to get into a home, where they believe explosives are inside.

It started Thursday when SAPD was called out to the home at 106 Red Willow for a welfare check. SAPD Chief William McManus said officers arrived and entered the home, but immediately had to back out once they smelled something described as “a heavy, noxious fume coming from inside.”

Police also say there was a note on the front of the door when they arrived.

“On the door here was a note, very cryptic, some of it was military jargon, I’m told,” McManus said. “The interpretation of it was, there were people, bodies or people, inside and do not enter.”

McManus said the seven officers who originally responded to the call were medically checked out and cleared. Then, SAPD used its robot and drones to get into the home, where they found a possible explosive device.

According to McManus, the resident of the home is a military member and lives at the home with his spouse and possibly children as well.

As of 6 p.m., Thursday, officers say they have not yet found any bodies, but they also can not get into some rooms or the freezer, which the note allegedly said was holding animal bodies.

An area around the home, 150 yards, was evacuated. SAFD said there was an alert sent out, which accidentally went out to the entire North Side. However, this is not the case. If you got the notification and do not live near the scene, you’re okay to go back home.

SAPD does not know what branch of the military the resident is, but McManus said they believe the home is booby trapped, keeping them from going inside immediately.

Edited by ss13
Check the bolded paragraph.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

What. The. Fuck?

That's a crazy story.  Guess they gassed them in the garage, but seems like something the dude and the wife have to agree on.  Will be interesting to hear the full story if it ever comes out.

I don’t think we can jump to that conclusion. Carbon Monoxide is odorless but the officers reported a strong noxious smell.  Multiple gasses? Also, the House was apparently boobie trapped. I think this is going to get more morbid as more details emerge. I’m close to the area and this is the second domestic murder in 2 years in a 2 mile radius. Just very sad and freaky. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/crime/amp/Andre-McDonald-arrested-charged-with-murder-in-14093574.php

6 dead, husband & wife and their 4 kids. Father was in military, the family had just moved to SA in January. Officers found weird note on front door. Treating it as a murder/suicide. Lots of psychos out there, shame he (or both of them) were such big pieces of shit that they didn’t spare the kids.

• Like 2

And 2 cats in a basket in the front seat of the car. Here’s the article from the tweet for the lazy. 

A family of six was found dead in an SUV in a garage at a home in Stone Oak on Thursday, San Antonio police said.

The call began as a welfare check Thursday morning, when officers were first dispatched to a home in the 100 block of Red Willow after a friend of one of the residents notified police that he hadn’t heard from him in a while.

Upon arrival, officers entered the home and smelled “heavy, noxious fumes” coming from inside the residence and immediately backed out of the house, according to San Antonio Police Chief William McManus.

Authorities found a note containing military jargon and a cryptic message on the front door, police said. Officers were able to interpret the note, which claimed that there were “bodies or people inside of the home, animals were in the freezer, and do not enter,” McManus said at a news conference.

Police were eventually able to enter the garage of the home Thursday evening and discovered the family of six dead, McManus said.

The husband and wife were both in their 30s and their four children, ranging from 11 months old to 4 years old, were all found dead in the vehicle, police said. The victims have not been identified.

Two cats were also found inside of a basket in the vehicle’s front seat, according to McManus.

McManus said evidence suggests that the six deaths were not an accident and appear to be a suicide. He also said no explosives were found at the scene like previously suspected.

The family moved to the neighborhood, a far North Side suburb about 30 minutes from downtown San Antonio, in January and the man is in the military, McManus said. It’s not clear which branch.

The fumes that initially caused officers to exit the home were later identified as carbon monoxide. All officers have been cleared by EMS.

Before finding the bodies, officers used drones and a robot inside the residence and found what they initially believed to be possible explosives. McManus said the home could be “booby-trapped.”

• Like 1

That neighborhood is fucking nuts. That's the third or fourth time some crazy shit has happened in that part of Stone Oak. 

Before I bought my house, the wife and I were looking in that same area about 12yrs ago and after we finished the open house visit and drove off we see a BMW 7series with the front-end all smashed up and racing down the street and parking into the garage and dude closed it, like no one saw him.

Yeah, we said fuck that noise, not dealing with that bullshit.

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Very sad. Fucking kids man.  

That breaks my heart, they had absolutely nothing but pure trust in their parents at those ages and a lot of love to give...snuffed out due to decisions they couldn’t possibly comprehend.  

Why have kids...let alone essentially as fast as possible...just to decide for them that they don’t have a choice to live their full lives?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

That neighborhood is fucking nuts. That's the third or fourth time some crazy shit has happened in that part of Stone Oak. 

Before I bought my house, the wife and I were looking in that same area about 12yrs ago and after we finished the open house visit and drove off we see a BMW 7series with the front-end all smashed up and racing down the street and parking into the garage and dude closed it, like no one saw him.

Yeah, we said fuck that noise, not dealing with that bullshit.

I said the same thing. Last year the guy killed his wife. Do you happen to remember what other incidents happened? I’m just trying to remember. Nutso. 

I know the area very well. Had friends that lived around the corner from that house who would have had to evacuate. Glad they moved a couple years ago. Extremely sad. Just from what I was told, that neighborhood had started seeing a decent influx of military moving in. Very nice neighborhood.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Carbon monoxide is odorless but vehicle exhaust has lots of other shit that isn't odorless.

Good point, If it were a gas furnace or something they probably would have just felt light headed. 
man, hard to make sense of this horror other that someone must have been unwell upstairs and in serious pain

20 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I know the area very well. Had friends that lived around the corner from that house who would have had to evacuate. Glad they moved a couple years ago. Extremely sad. Just from what I was told, that neighborhood had started seeing a decent influx of military moving in. Very nice neighborhood.

Same. Not a bad place and pretty nice people from what I’ve experienced. Very welcoming toward new neighbors and easy to make community friendships.

Authorities found a note containing military jargon and a cryptic message on the front door, police said. Officers were able to interpret the note, which claimed that there were “bodies or people inside of the home, animals were in the freezer, and do not enter,” McManus said at a news conference.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/06/04/safd-residents-located-near-100-block-of-red-willow-must-evacuate-due-to-chemical-release/

22924.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

"Jared Harless was a 35Q cryptologic cyberspace intelligence collector and analyst, the Army said Saturday."

That's a little disconcerting. Did he find something out that he wasn't supposed to know?

You might be just a little over your pay grade here, sport.

On 6/10/2020 at 9:19 PM, Tex Long said:

You might be just a little over your pay grade here, sport.

Or maybe that’s just what they want you to think. I say we let ztejas run with this one and report back on what he uncovers. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 7:06 PM, ztejas said:

"Jared Harless was a 35Q cryptologic cyberspace intelligence collector and analyst, the Army said Saturday."

That's a little disconcerting. Did he find something out that he wasn't supposed to know?

“Hey, Harless heard something he wasn’t supposed to. Should we just blacklist or demote him, and make it be his word against the Army’s? Or bribe him perhaps?”

”No, lets murder his entire family so no one suspects anything.”

Dude was a psycho. Several neighbors said they didn’t even know kids lived in the house, because they were that shut in. Never, ever, listen to anyone in a KSAT comment section. Worst collection of people on the planet.

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

“Hey, Harless heard something he wasn’t supposed to. Should we just blacklist or demote him, and make it be his word against the Army’s? Or bribe him perhaps?”

”No, lets murder his entire family so no one suspects anything.”

Dude was a psycho. Several neighbors said they didn’t even know kids lived in the house, because they were that shut in. Never, ever, listen to anyone in a KSAT comment section. Worst collection of people on the planet.

I phrased what I was trying to get at poorly. I meant I wonder if there's a chance that he came across something that made him want to kill himself and his family. 

Yes, obviously he's a psycho, but even crazies have some sort of reasoning.

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I phrased what I was trying to get at poorly. I meant I wonder if there's a chance that he came across something that made him want to kill himself and his family. 

Yes, obviously he's a psycho, but even crazies have some sort of reasoning.

Guess we’ll never know. Some of those MOS jobs have very in-depth background & psychological checks. I actually think you have to be kind of a weirdo to have that clean of a record in everything. 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Guess we’ll never know. Some of those MOS jobs have very in-depth background & psychological checks. I actually think you have to be kind of a weirdo to have that clean of a record in everything. 

Lol. I knew a former stripper who got a job with the NSA had upper level security clearance during the wars. the only thing keeping her from selling secrets to the Chinese was the fact she was too stupid to figure out how