San Antonio: Stone Oak Evacuation Alert

F250

5 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

I haven't seen updates regarding this story, just swept under the rug.

And will keep being swept until it disappears.

Staff Sgt affords home in Heights/Stone Oak?

ME "releases" names but no cause of death?

Mil Intel doesn't get every morning call from Cyber-intel agent, so calls city cops? 

Cops enter house, smell fumes, panic? But didn't see note on door until later?

Such absolute bullshit.

Got any links or are you just tin-foiling? And I know that neighborhood very well. A Staff Sergeant with dependents will get a BAH of almost $1800 in that neighborhood. An E6's base pay is around $48k a year, with benefits 100% paid for, and there's no telling what kind of other bumps he gets to that.  Does he have an associates degree? Does he know other languages? Does he get other allowances? Does he get any other special incentive payment? Did he get a re-enlistment bonus? The Heights of Stone Oak is a nice neighborhood, but it's upper-middle class at the tip-top. Plenty of $300k homes in there that he had to pay zero down for under a VA loan and at a very loan interest rate.

And of course they call the cops. The MPs have no jurisdiction off base. It's when they use the MPs instead of city cops that should trigger your tinfoil. Would you rather they send a couple of black SUVs with a black helicopter circling? Cite your sources or let this family rest.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Got any links or are you just tin-foiling? And I know that neighborhood very well. A Staff Sergeant with dependents will get a BAH of almost $1800 in that neighborhood. An E6's base pay is around $48k a year, with benefits 100% paid for, and there's no telling what kind of other bumps he gets to that.  Does he have an associates degree? Does he know other languages? Does he get other allowances? Does he get any other special incentive payment? Did he get a re-enlistment bonus? The Heights of Stone Oak is a nice neighborhood, but it's upper-middle class at the tip-top. Plenty of $300k homes in there that he had to pay zero down for under a VA loan and at a very loan interest rate.

And of course they call the cops. The MPs have no jurisdiction off base. It's when they use the MPs instead of city cops that should trigger your tinfoil. Would you rather they send a couple of black SUVs with a black helicopter circling? Cite your sources or let this family rest.

Hey, you know where I can get some tinfoil? All I've been able to find so far is aluminum foil.

5 hours ago, Tex Long said:

And will keep being swept until it disappears.

Staff Sgt affords home in Heights/Stone Oak?

ME "releases" names but no cause of death?

Mil Intel doesn't get every morning call from Cyber-intel agent, so calls city cops? 

Cops enter house, smell fumes, panic? But didn't see note on door until later?

Such absolute bullshit.

That specific neighborhood isn’t outrageously nice or anything. I also imagine they were renting, they had only lived there since January.

19 hours ago, Helobious said:

That specific neighborhood isn’t outrageously nice or anything. I also imagine they were renting, they had only lived there since January.

Not living in SA, and being too fucking lazy to search, with my only serious connection to SA being Miz Long, who grew up in Alamo Heights, I fell into the intended RE developer trap of assuming that "Heights" in SA means a nicer-than-average location... so, prolly not so odd.

And the rest of the questions?

Intel doesn't call the fucking PD when there's a problem with an agent. Mil Intel doesn't call the Provost Marshal, although contrary to what someone implied, MPs do have jurisdiction over military personnel regardless of location. I believe CID (or DIA, etc.) would be involved with Mil Intel ceching on problem personnel. 

I don't necessarily think the MIB offed Harless and his entire family, but it wouldn't be much, if  any, weirder than him going nuts and doing it himself in a quintuple homicide, double felicide, cryptic note-leaving frenzy.

We are living in very strange times, both physically and socially, so until more information is "released", I will at least entertain the notion that either explanation may be essentially what happened.

• 2 months later...

SAPD released an update on this case a few weeks ago. Said that both the husband and wife planned the murders. They killed their 4 kids and their pets, then killed themselves. Officers say no motive is known but that it looks like the stress of raising disabled kids and mental illness played a role. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expressnews.com/news/local/amp/Police-Wife-helped-husband-kill-kids-before-15467392.php

And today, another murder-suicide in Stone Oak. Couple in their 50s. 

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/09/02/sapd-murder-suicide-suspected-after-couple-found-dead-in-gated-stone-oak-home/

• Hook 'Em 1