Football forum is now politicized

Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you.
Fuck off CR dweller. There is a forum for topics and that isnt the one. Its the football forum. Go back to your circle jerk.
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Meanwhile, aggy goes to a rally, gets up in front of the microphone, and says "WHERE WE GO ONE, WE GO ALL!" and the crowd goes wild.

"Where we go one, we're all in the stall!"

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, markstanco said:
4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you.

Fuck off CR dweller. There is a forum for topics and that isnt the one. Its the football forum. Go back to your circle jerk.

Calm down snowflake.  The world doesn’t owe you comfort.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Uhhhhh, anyone want to tell him?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You seem to be the vast minority on this. So maybe you just avoid threads that hurt your precious sensibilities. Or you can whine like a massive vagina which is frankly more your style. 

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

You seem to be the vast minority on this. So maybe you just avoid threads that hurt your precious sensibilities. Or you can whine like a massive vagina which is frankly more your style. 
Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I know you want it to but it doesn't. Just making a point that politics doesn't belong in the football forum. Keep your dumbass and your followers in CR about current events in CR.

Its not that hard.

Your continued bleeting says otherwise. You can just ignore threads that offend you.
It's not that hard. 
English is hard. Again it doesn't hurt my feelings and it doesn't offend me. I was making a point that CR doesnt belong in the FB forum.

It is June. Currently the super regional should be going on in the baseball forum. Thats the only sports that should be happening. Its like this every June. But this year we must go full CR on the football board.

No, keep that dumbass shit in CR where it belongs.

5 hours ago, markstanco said:

English is hard. Again it doesn't hurt my feelings and it doesn't offend me. I was making a point that CR doesnt belong in the FB forum.

It is June. Currently the super regional should be going on in the baseball forum. Thats the only sports that should be happening. Its like this every June. But this year we must go full CR on the football board.

No, keep that dumbass shit in CR where it belongs.

You're right.  The last 4-8  weeks have been totally normal and this past week didn't crank it up to about 28 on the 1-10 scale on anything any of us has ever witnessed who hasn't served in a full-fledged war..

yep, just right on schedule, let's talk about when the Falcons are opening camp this July.    Hottest of topics...

• Like 3

On 6/5/2020 at 6:02 PM, markstanco said:

Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I know you want it to but it doesn't. Just making a point that politics doesn't belong in the football forum. Keep your dumbass and your followers in CR about current events in CR.

Its not that hard.

Maybe some football fans are just Cloak Room curious and this gives them a chance to play Cloak Room without actually having to go into the Cloak Room where they might run into someone they know. Kinda like a guy watching pron vids of chicks shoving their fists up a dudes ass. It's a relatively safe way to explore their feelings on subjects that are new to them.

On 6/4/2020 at 9:42 PM, markstanco said:

Nice job mods. I know my opinion is shit but got damn yall have let this shit slide to the point where I don't even want to log in and see what is up with texas sports. What a fucking cesspool this place has become.

Imma and BL I hope you two have some type of meeting and clean this shit up.

Politics can't be separated from life.  

8 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Maybe some football fans are just Cloak Room curious and this gives them a chance to play Cloak Room without actually having to go into the Cloak Room where they might run into someone they know. Kinda like a guy watching pron vids of chicks shoving their fists up a dudes ass. It's a relatively safe way to explore their feelings on subjects that are new to them.

O.K.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:40 PM, markstanco said:

Now do stats on white on black murder then black on white murder.

Shut the mother fucking up with your wrong stats. I am so in with cops being bitches and not having to pay for their crimes. They should die on a town square. Why you think i am against this is odd.

I can see why you're upset.  You don't understand what you're reading.  Let me help you:

Question: What to these topics have to do with each other?

1. Black murdered by police.

2. Whites killing blacks.

3. Blacks killing whites.

Your choices:

A. Nothing.

B. Everything.

C. Depends on if you're white or black.

Answer key:

Spoiler

A. Nothing.  Each is a separate and unique issue.

Edited by Bullneck

13 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Maybe some football fans are just Cloak Room curious and this gives them a chance to play Cloak Room without actually having to go into the Cloak Room where they might run into someone they know.

Brennan Eagles is going to shove politics down their throats whether they like it or not.  Well, at least if they follow his twitter.   I run around a dozen twitter accounts for various sites and my own stuff, and so always have twitter in the background when I'm working, and when he said his piece, I started seeing it blow up.  And then a few days later theLonghorns did their march and Tom said his piece, and again twitter blew up.  Saw plenty of aggy mocking them.  Saw more than a few accounts that looked like bots as well.

I'm busier now than before covid, and I've had my head buried in WordPress deeper than a 15-inch strap-on in certain videos favored by certain Surly members, and so I"ve been online around 8-12 hours a day, and watching this play out is pretty crazy.

13 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Kinda like a guy watching pron vids of chicks shoving their fists up a dudes ass. It's a relatively safe way to explore their feelings on subjects that are new to them.

And nowthis?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And then a few days later theLonghorns did their march and Tom said his piece, and again twitter blew up.  Saw plenty of aggy mocking them.

I hope our recruiting teams are savvy enough to bash aggy over the head with this for the next decade or so.

Edited by TriStone

Guest Lobo
4 hours ago, Chooky said:

Tom Herman and Texas football players CR'd the football. And they did it without consulting some of you about your individual feelings and your distinct opinions about which topics are acceptable in college football. This injustice is unacceptable and I'm saddened by what some of you have had to endure. The world is recognizing your pain. The actions of the Texas Longhorn Head Coach and Texas Longhorn football players have no place on the Texas Longhorn football board. 

Message Board Feelz Matter

I think of that big white asshole in Montana in the face, spewing threats of violence and assault, of those African American women in Montana.  And I think of the way our Longhorn men conducted themselves last week at the protests.  And then I get bummed out knowing that there are too many Texas "fans" who cheer for both our players, and that big asshole in Montana.  But I'm not naive, I don't expect them to admit their paradox. 

Guest Lobo
11 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Clue me in.  Who's the big asshole in Montana?

https://nbcmontana.com/news/local/whitefish-man-charged-after-protest-confrontation

I'm bad at embedding videos.  This guy, Jay Snowden.  275 pounds of day-drunk, pissed off fury raging straight down on casually protesting black women (and several other women of other ethnicities, too).  I'm betting he's a guy who cheers on Saturdays for Montana Grizzlies.  Then does shit like this.  Yes, you can still support the police and hate looting...just like I do.  But you can't whine that football is now getting co-mingled with BLM, police brutality, and politics.  When you play football at UT and your #1 fear isn't injury, or finances, or making grades...but being pulled over after the game...that's a serious fucking concern with deadly consequences too often the time.  

Not directed at you Tristone, but at the people whining that football board is being politicized.  If you're a fan of Longhorn football, you need to at best...cheer and support Black Lives Matter all the way until meaningful solutions are at least proposed.  And a minimum, you need to shut the fuck up now and always, and consider yourselves unnecessary to not just the struggle, but to the school.  Now if you wanna take the "police are in the right, this was one a weird outlier event, and BLM needs to shut up"...that's fine.  But I don't want your ass involved with my school, and believe it or not---there's already pressure to del Conte to not accept your LHF donations either.

TL;DR...doesn't matter.  Same assholes gonna do their shit.  Only good news is they're far less influential than I previously though. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Not directed at you Tristone, but at the people whining that football board is being politicized.

I didn't take it as such.  Politics is the only sport going right now, and I have no political beliefs as it pertains to Texas Football.  Those kids can protest and say whatever the hell they want.  Godspeed to them all.

• Like 1

I think it’s great what Herman did and I’m not exactly a fan of his.  And I also think it’s funny that people are freaking out when black males who are generally treated second class at best, unless they do something special with a ball, are forcing the issue.  Hope all the NFL players kneel too.  The time is over for ‘shut up and dribble’ type BS.   As if leaving the politics to politicians has gotten us anywhere good.  And I’m far from some bleeding heart liberal.  

• Like 8

On 6/6/2020 at 4:08 AM, Iceman said:

You're right.  The last 4-8  weeks have been totally normal and this past week didn't crank it up to about 28 on the 1-10 scale on anything any of us has ever witnessed who hasn't served in a full-fledged war..

yep, just right on schedule, let's talk about when the Falcons are opening camp this July.    Hottest of topics...

And I’m pretty sure Slorch is far from a commie lib also...

Its the times, get with em.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TriStone said:

I didn't take it as such.  Politics is the only sport going right now, and I have no political beliefs as it pertains to Texas Football.  Those kids can protest and say whatever the hell they want.  Godspeed to them all.

There's a shit-ton of people that think like this:

Honestly, this has been a long time coming - it's been building up, and thanks to social media and so many athletes being on twitter, etc. all the time, , a lot of shit has been stirred with them, and because they are athletes - they aren't going to back down from this stuff.  These are people who strap on pads and a helmet and go tangle with people who outweighs them by 50 or more pounds.  Over and over and over.  They aren't going to back down from a bunch of old dudes on the internet.

And ironically, politics is not The Big Danger to football, it's the head injuries and parents pulling/preventing their kids from playing.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, I say that and Derka just dropped a total political bomb in the football board about Texas athletes wanting to change the Eyes of Texas. So I guess I killed us with my arrogant ass. 

You’ve seen the Hunt for Red October way too much. Lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Well, I say that and Derka just dropped a total political bomb in the football board about Texas athletes wanting to change the Eyes of Texas. So I guess I killed us with my arrogant ass. 

to be fair, it's relevant as hell.   Not necessarily a bad thread by Derka.

• Like 1