Kevin Durant is funding a militant surveillance state

ztejas

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2020/06/03/funded-by-kevin-durant-and-founded-by-ex-googlers-this-drone-startup-is-scoring-millions-in-government-surveillance-contracts/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_content=3393472809&utm_campaign=sprinklrForbesTechTwitter#4937a4964e9e

Yes the title is tounge and cheek. I find it interesting none the less. Who knows how up to date KD is on his investment portfolio. I think optimally he wouldn't be funding drone technologies for the government and police. 

I used to know a guy who’s dad is a real rich west Texas guy and has said he basically has his own private CIA stocked with hackers, former Israeli intelligence/cia and former special forces. 
I asked him why his dad did that and he said it was sort of a fad years ago for oil people because Howard Hughes did something similar but it payed off countless times and eventually turned into a private security firm in Dallas. 

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2020/06/03/funded-by-kevin-durant-and-founded-by-ex-googlers-this-drone-startup-is-scoring-millions-in-government-surveillance-contracts/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_content=3393472809&utm_campaign=sprinklrForbesTechTwitter#4937a4964e9e

Yes the title is tounge and cheek. I find it interesting none the less. Who knows how up to date KD is on his investment portfolio. I think optimally he wouldn't be funding drone technologies for the government and police. 

but the creepy nerd drone market is not nearly as profitable

• Like 1