ANTIFA

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

@washparkhorn

Propaganda is powerful. Very. It is also seductive. But like that nubile young woman you met during happy hour, standing in the shadows beckoning to you with a gleam in her eye, make sure you have some protection.

Will you be my sister? My current ones like to watch the world burn. 

• Like 1

Those are kind words, thank you for them.

I have no words of wisdom, but listening (as hard as it can be when it's nothing but talking points--believe me I know) and patience sometimes provide a clue. Doesn't always work, and sometimes I have had to cut the conversation short with a look at my watch or phone and a quick, "Sorry I have to go take care of this." but it leaves the dialogue open at least. Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

There are few jobs I'd want less than hers. 

The Administration has pretty much ruined everything they've touched. I think 13 former press secretaries and other folks in a similar role signed a letter back when the press conferences had gone absent for months. IG, Secretary of State, Ambassadorships, and on and on. It's a revolving door of incompetency, grift, and downright ignorance. Ambition I could understand. One can be competent and ambitious. But at least have some concern for the country which one represents.

11 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Her background is East Texas, and she said her parents are not speaking to her right now because they called her out on some post she liked

You may not have spotted it on the "Wives & Stupid Shit" thread over in the "Lulz" forum, but my wife 2x deleted my response to a fake bit she posted.  The fakery was that the Lincoln Memorial had been defaced with spray paint all over the statue, 1/2 his head had been knocked off, etc. (I explained how the monument was 19 ft. tall & to get the spraypaint all the way up on the wall to around a 14' elevation would require a ladder & there isn't any reasonable way that someone was gonna slip into that kind of space un-noticed while toting around that kind of equipment).

She's been to the memorial / statue 3x with me.

Anyhow, she deleted that answer 2x, so I flagged her "share" to FB as "fake news", because fuck that stupid ass lie.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

IG, Secretary of State, Ambassadorships, and on and on. It's a revolving door of incompetency, grift, and downright ignorance. Ambition I could understand. One can be competent and ambitious.

& Yet, Trumpers at every turn & with every conviction & with every churn & burn of someone exiting the admin in disgrace & bringing in yet another unqualified jackass... Trumpers keep tooting the "Draining the swamp!" bullshit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

You may not have spotted it on the "Wives & Stupid Shit" thread over in the "Lulz" forum, but my wife 2x deleted my response to a fake bit she posted.  The fakery was that the Lincoln Memorial had been defaced with spray paint all over the statue, 1/2 his head had been knocked off, etc. (I explained how the monument was 19 ft. tall & to get the spraypaint all the way up on the wall to around a 14' elevation would require a ladder & there isn't any reasonable way that someone was gonna slip into that kind of space un-noticed while toting around that kind of equipment).

She's been to the memorial / statue 3x with me.

Anyhow, she deleted that answer 2x, so I flagged her "share" to FB as "fake news", because fuck that stupid ass lie.

No, I missed it but thanks for the reminder. I don't often peruse that thread and I would've missed a great Mitch story regarding the cuckoo clock. He is the Burns of Burns and Allen and has a way with anecdotes.

Anyway, sorry to hear that about the Facebook post. I'm going to posit a different perspective to you as you sound pretty frustrated and it's understandable. Completely. I don't have an account so I had to google the 'incident' and it was pretty quick on the debunk through Snopes, Reuters, etc. The problem is that there actually was graffiti sprayed elsewhere in the park nearby and on a fountain so it contained just enough truth to fool someone, especially someone who is afraid of chaos.

The logic you are using is sound: it's a big statue (yes it is and it's beautiful and awe inspiring) and it was guarded, and had something like that happened it would have been all over the mainstream news. Thanks to persistent attacks on the msm, however, logic and truth are fighting an uphill battle. Secondly, the logic you are using is sound but speaking as a female: our brains don't always follow  your type of logic to reach a conclusion. (Not all females/males as we are all unique and wonderful so bear with me, please) That is, a step by step analysis of what you see to determine your response vs an immediate and visceral reaction to something you find abhorrent. That changes over time and situation and gender too. It's also a skill that requires practice and one has to want to acquire it.

A related example I can use is something I learned when I was a new mom: crying baby. Oh my gosh, do newborns cry. Loud, ratcheting, lung bursting wails that break a new mama's heart. That's of course on purpose, nature's way of keeping our species going. But over time, mamas learn to distinguish the cries, identify the problem, solve the problem, or some days just reach for the wine bottle and tune out the cries (just kidding....well maybe). It's logic overcoming the emotion and fear: something's wrong with my baby, what do I do?! Well, you help the baby that's what you do.

In short, perhaps she would be willing to describe to you the emotion she felt when she saw the image of Lincoln with the spray paint, etc. I saw the pic. It's upsetting. My eyes say "No! Not the iconic symbol of the ideals for which democracy should stand!!" It's at that moment when the temptation to act i.e. solve the problem (crying baby) occurs. Since one is miles away from the statue, all one can do is express outrage (the 'like' or 'thumbs up' if that's how FB works). Listening to her explore those feelings--they are real feelings regardless of whether you share them or not--helps the two of you figure out where to go from there.

Only you know if she would be interested in doing that. And only you know if you have the patience to resist 'explaining' it to her. It's tempting. But kind of like new mamas only want their own mom's help, expertise, and advice with the baby when they want it, it takes time to work that out. Both are approaching the relationship out of love for the new wee one, but as they say in the Hallmark movies: there's baggage.

Best of luck to you.

Sorry for the Antifa derail.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 5:48 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think it’s fair to say Stalin employed fascist tactics as far as consolidating power, having a secret police kill off his threats, and using propaganda to make himself the perceived god of Russia but I also think he believed in communism, his brand of communism anyway.

Hugo, the word you are looking for is authoritarian

51 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know.  I had the revelatory journey on the proper nomenclature.  Like F250 said, all fascists are authoritarians but not all authoritarians are fascists. 

That's what I get for not read through the entirety of the thread

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know.  I had the revelatory journey on the proper nomenclature.  Like F250 said, all fascists are authoritarians but not all authoritarians are fascists. 

we invented a new word for this particular brand of authoritarian, totalitarian.  both hitler and stalin were totalitarian. 

• Like 1

No, I missed it but thanks for the reminder. I don't often peruse that thread and I would've missed a great Mitch story regarding the cuckoo clock. He is the Burns of Burns and Allen and has a way with anecdotes.

Anyway, sorry to hear that about the Facebook post. I'm going to posit a different perspective to you as you sound pretty frustrated and it's understandable. Completely. I don't have an account so I had to google the 'incident' and it was pretty quick on the debunk through Snopes, Reuters, etc. The problem is that there actually was graffiti sprayed elsewhere in the park nearby and on a fountain so it contained just enough truth to fool someone, especially someone who is afraid of chaos.

The logic you are using is sound: it's a big statue (yes it is and it's beautiful and awe inspiring) and it was guarded, and had something like that happened it would have been all over the mainstream news. Thanks to persistent attacks on the msm, however, logic and truth are fighting an uphill battle. Secondly, the logic you are using is sound but speaking as a female: our brains don't always follow  your type of logic to reach a conclusion. (Not all females/males as we are all unique and wonderful so bear with me, please) That is, a step by step analysis of what you see to determine your response vs an immediate and visceral reaction to something you find abhorrent. That changes over time and situation and gender too. It's also a skill that requires practice and one has to want to acquire it.

A related example I can use is something I learned when I was a new mom: crying baby. Oh my gosh, do newborns cry. Loud, ratcheting, lung bursting wails that break a new mama's heart. That's of course on purpose, nature's way of keeping our species going. But over time, mamas learn to distinguish the cries, identify the problem, solve the problem, or some days just reach for the wine bottle and tune out the cries (just kidding....well maybe). It's logic overcoming the emotion and fear: something's wrong with my baby, what do I do?! Well, you help the baby that's what you do.

In short, perhaps she would be willing to describe to you the emotion she felt when she saw the image of Lincoln with the spray paint, etc. I saw the pic. It's upsetting. My eyes say "No! Not the iconic symbol of the ideals for which democracy should stand!!" It's at that moment when the temptation to act i.e. solve the problem (crying baby) occurs. Since one is miles away from the statue, all one can do is express outrage (the 'like' or 'thumbs up' if that's how FB works). Listening to her explore those feelings--they are real feelings regardless of whether you share them or not--helps the two of you figure out where to go from there.

Only you know if she would be interested in doing that. And only you know if you have the patience to resist 'explaining' it to her. It's tempting. But kind of like new mamas only want their own mom's help, expertise, and advice with the baby when they want it, it takes time to work that out. Both are approaching the relationship out of love for the new wee one, but as they say in the Hallmark movies: there's baggage.

Best of luck to you.

Sorry for the Antifa derail.

While I fully appreciate your attempt to "womansplain" to me what & how her actions have conspired to come to this place we are in, I have a more specific answer:

She's a Trumper & the man truly could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue & she wouldn't give 2 shits about it.  She shares the most asinine crap that comes through her FB feed without regard to the slightest bit of veracity in check.  If Trump says it, but fucking God that's the word from Jesus' own lips.

& No, I'm not interested in a divorce.

4 minutes ago, staboner said:

look antifa, if that is your real name, are you an actual organisation or just a pretty rad 6 letter play in scrabbles?

Anti-Fascist is the feeling most had in their guts as that policeman slowly and painfully murdered George Floyd - under authority of law.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I reread my words and they do sound condescending; I'm sorry, never my intent --just encouragement from a bystander. Best of luck to you.

No, I didn't take it as condescending.

The bottom line is she's a Trumper & folks like that... well, they don't live in or operate in a world of facts.  Newton's laws apparently are "theories" still.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/investigations/loveland-man-antifa-roofing-employees/73-c9e63588-b99d-45c5-bc34-81e22093cf91

LOVELAND, Colo. — A Loveland man faces felony charges after allegedly concluding that two men going door-to-door in his neighborhood were members of the protest movement known as Antifa – and then ordering them to the ground and holding them at gunpoint, 9Wants to Know has learned.

one of the kids was a CSU football player.    

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 3:45 PM, Ted Lange said:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/investigations/loveland-man-antifa-roofing-employees/73-c9e63588-b99d-45c5-bc34-81e22093cf91

LOVELAND, Colo. — A Loveland man faces felony charges after allegedly concluding that two men going door-to-door in his neighborhood were members of the protest movement known as Antifa – and then ordering them to the ground and holding them at gunpoint, 9Wants to Know has learned.

one of the kids was a CSU football player.    

This should go in the Door to Door salesmen thread.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Anti-tyrant? Anti-com isn't as good as anti-fa. I would take a gander that most libertarian types would hate any tyrant.

Most people who called themselves libertarians in 2010 call themselves alt-right now. @bernorange may be the only true libertarian in the country.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

This is just so dumb, county jails are not penitentiaries. I’m sure all these people bonded out after a night in jail on misdemeanor charges.

Not only this, but we're to believe the inmates have taken the side of the the folks trying to maintain the current criminal justice system?

Hmmm very curious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

I hadn't heard about that.  I was laughing at the all the Trumpers that wasted their holiday traveling there to just all stare at each other's awkward erections. 

But I just made the mistake of watching that video where 20 armed adult men encircle and threaten to beat a methodist youth pastor because he's wearing a BLM shirt (he wasn't part of the hoax flag burning, he was happened to be there on a historical visit to the site).  And then a cop tells the youth pastor to de-escalate the situation, basically taking the militia's side.  I'll give that pastor credit, he didn't stand down for a minute.  I would have gotten the fuck out of dodge due to the guy in center frame that never says a word he just watches the pastor's body language the whole time periodically moving his trigger finger closer.  Everybody else was hootin and hollerin and getting in the pastor's face but that guy was just looking for a reason to shoot him. 

Shooting a BLM supporter at Gettysburg on the 4th of July for these Trumpers has got to be worth a cabinet position.  

1.  The largest problem with that vid is the title "Antifa's Jason Charter..." as if there is some kind of membership card or decoder ring handed out @ the weekly meetings that don't actually happen.  An appropriate title would be "Jason Charter, who says he is AntiFa..."

2.  Where was the actual "assault"?

3.  Being an asshole to this asshole only plays into what they want.

I haven’t watched the video so I don’t know what’s in it, but punching nazis is cool and good. So if it’s that, I assume Parliament posted it in a “haha, look at this dipshit Nazi!” way, not in a “oh my god! Look at this antifa menace!” way.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

I haven’t watched the video so I don’t know what’s in it, but punching nazis is cool and good. So if it’s that, I assume Parliament posted it in a “haha, look at this dipshit Nazi!” way, not in a “oh my god! Look at this antifa menace!” way.

2. Where was the actual "assault"?

On 6/13/2020 at 1:29 AM, ROFL BOX said:

While I fully appreciate your attempt to "womansplain" to me what & how her actions have conspired to come to this place we are in, I have a more specific answer:

She's a Trumper & the man truly could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue & she wouldn't give 2 shits about it.  She shares the most asinine crap that comes through her FB feed without regard to the slightest bit of veracity in check.  If Trump says it, but fucking God that's the word from Jesus' own lips.

& No, I'm not interested in a divorce.

George Conway, is that you?

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 7:21 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

People have no idea how out of hand this Q-anon cult is going to get.  They are going to disrupt so many functions of public service by being insane morons off the internet.

Ha. Had no idea this was a thing. I was in Gettysburg on the 4th. Guess I got away with drinking at the Walmart and swanging and banging in the RV bc the cops had serious shit on their hands they were dealing with!