Outdoor / Patio Cooling

We have always spent a lot of time on our porch.  During the pandemic, hanging out with neighbors outdoors has been terrific.  But, with the Texas heat blast coming, this is becoming less attractive. I'd like to buy something to keep us cool and am not interested in misting systems.   We live in Dallas.   I keep getting pointed to evaporative air coolers.  I read that they don't work well  in areas with high humidity, but I don't know if that just applies to using them indoors and if 60% humidity is too high.   Thoughts?  I am not trying to cool a big area, just keep 4-6 people cool enough to not melt in the evening.  Thinking about something like this:

Outdoor Swamp Cooler

Purchased a commercial oscillating fan for our patio from Hydromist. They actually have an office over in the Metric area where I picked up the fan.

There are certainly days where I kick myself for not going all-out for the misting system, but the fan itself does a really good job of pushing around some air and making the patio bearable.

we have a couple of oscillating fans with misters on the front. 

similar to this...

spacer.png

They cool things off but drench you in the process.  Am I just sitting too close or is that just how they work?  There is no adjustment that I can see.  We have the water at the spigot turned down as low as possible. Ideas?

3 hours ago, orange dream said:

similar to this...

spacer.png

They cool things off but drench you in the process.  Am I just sitting too close or is that just how they work?  There is no adjustment that I can see.  We have the water at the spigot turned down as low as possible. Ideas?

Move further back.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

similar to this...
mist-fan.jpg

Any mister that doesn’t use a high pressure (~1000psi) pump is going to eventually drench you. You either need to pony up some dough or live with getting wet.