Treasure found

Wally Fairway

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

so a lawsuit was filed (Im shocked theirs pool in River City)   and the guy who claims he found it, (confirmed as being the "finder" by the family), is being forced to come forward.

he gave his name and city... so let the bloodsucking begin

finder says he wont show where it was hidden because its a remote "pristine" area that he doesnt want touristy trampling

kind of odd to hide that.... but then again... hes gonna be stalked anyway now..

• 5 months later...

Here are a couple articles from Outside magazine (one is an excerpt from an upcoming book) by an author who corresponded with the finder (Jack Steuf) and who was allowed by Steuf to examine the contents of the treasure box.  According to one of the articles, Steuf was able to solve the puzzle primarily by doing whatever he could to learn about Forrest Fenn (typically through primary sources that were unpolluted with searcher groupthink) combined with interpretation and analysis of the poem that contained clues.  Interestingly, he claims to have largely solved the riddle in 2018 -- at least down to a searchable area -- but then it took him a couple years and approximately 25 days of solo searching before he actually found the box.  At some point I would like to know the location of the find and how the various clues in the poem factored are explained in the context of the find.  

https://www.outsideonline.com/2419429/forrest-fenn-treasure-jack-stuef

https://www.outsideonline.com/2423887/chasing-the-thrill-forrest-fenn-treasure-daniel-barbarisi-excerpt

Seems to me that the various lawsuits -- particularly the one by the Chicago attorney claiming that Steuf used her "solve" to locate the treasure -- should be relatively easy to dispense with.  If the attorney had the correct "solve," then presumably she would have gone and located the treasure herself.  And her "solve" placed the treasure in New Mexico, when it is now documented that the box was found in Wyoming.  

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Seems to me that the various lawsuits -- particularly the one by the Chicago attorney claiming that Steuf used her "solve" to locate the treasure -- should be relatively easy to dispense with.  If the attorney had the correct "solve," then presumably she would have gone and located the treasure herself.  And her "solve" placed the treasure in New Mexico, when it is now documented that the box was found in Wyoming.  

Women. smh

• 11 months later...

It appears that the treasure chest was found in . . . Yellowstone National Park.  Confirmation may be forthcoming fairly soon in the context of the one lawsuit relating to the treasure that is still pending.  See the linked article.

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/exploration-survival/where-forrest-fenn-treasure-yellowstone/?utm_campaign=&utm_content=&utm_medium=organic-social&utm_source=Outside Magazine-facebook&fbclid=IwAR0qpRZe3nmitCQygj_yty76LTqyZ4fOGX35mvrHsGEwZB7iwWm6-PPEHeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

the story of searching for and finding the treasure is worth way more than the treasure itself. i am sure at some point the finder will cash in on the story. if he was smart he would have documented it all on video.

maybe not.

if you read the article Carl posted, its almost outright implied that the finder knew exactly where the treasure was for a while.   He moved to Puerto Rico months before he found it (PR has almost no tax rate), and if it was on government property, (yellowstone) then by law it has to be turned over the park rangers.... except the day he finds the treasure, he writes an email to Fenn that has almost clearly been written by a lawyer, or someone really, really savvy to Dept of the Interior laws

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

maybe not.

if you read the article Carl posted, its almost outright implied that the finder knew exactly where the treasure was for a while.   He moved to Puerto Rico months before he found it (PR has almost no tax rate), and if it was on government property, (yellowstone) then by law it has to be turned over the park rangers.... except the day he finds the treasure, he writes an email to Fenn that has almost clearly been written by a lawyer, or someone really, really savvy to Dept of the Interior laws

He could have just moved to Puerto Rico, and it just happens to have no capital gains tax. Would he really move, wait 9 months, with the chance somebody else found it first? I don't think so.

As far as the email, the article said that Fenn spent $5k on a lawyer before he buried the treasure for the sake of whoever found it. Maybe that means that he put a letter in the treasure chest with explicit instructions to the finder to send Fenn an email with the exact wording that Fenn's lawyer drew up.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

It appears that the treasure chest was found in . . . Yellowstone National Park.  Confirmation may be forthcoming fairly soon in the context of the one lawsuit relating to the treasure that is still pending.  See the linked article.

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/exploration-survival/where-forrest-fenn-treasure-yellowstone/?utm_campaign=&utm_content=&utm_medium=organic-social&utm_source=Outside Magazine-facebook&fbclid=IwAR0qpRZe3nmitCQygj_yty76LTqyZ4fOGX35mvrHsGEwZB7iwWm6-PPEHeg

My old boss was into finding the treasure. He had told me he thought he knew where it was and took a two week long vacation to Yellowstone to find it. It would have been about a year before this guy found it.

Edited by Schulz2.0

• 10 months later...
On 6/10/2020 at 10:13 PM, Bevo&Pevo said:

in your spare time go dig up memorial park,  consensus believes Byron Preiss buried a large ruby there somewhere as part of his treasure hiding scheme.

Necro bump.  I had not seen the mention of this treasure on this thread, but thought to search before posting.  My brother sent me this solution page that is very detailed.  Not Memorial, but Hermann.  Surly think tank time?  I know y'all can do drunk tanks and spank banks.

http://thesecret.pbworks.com/w/page/103626363/Image 8 Verse 1 Solution