Overnight fun trip near Austin?

blacklab

Wife has come to realize how crazy her and the kids are driving me during the day while I'm trying to work and asked me for someplace to go near Austin that her and the boys could go for a day or two to get out of the house and give me a break.

I was thinking something like the Frio River, any other ideas less than 3 hours from Austin?

Wife hates the beach so that's out.

Marriott hill country or Hyatt lost pines

The JW Marriott in San Antonio. She can sit by the pool and order drinks all day while the kids play at the water park. I’d bet it’s not very crowded right now as well. You may be able to get some pretty good deals. She may even be able to find a sancho while she’s there.

I've got mesquite to cut, senderos to shred, rocks to move, T-posts and corners to set, barbed wire to run, meals to be cooked, drinks to be poured and a hole in my sock that needs darning.  

Send them my way. I'll meet them at the front gate.

• Like 3

Frio is a great idea but getting anything on the river this late in the year will be impossible. If you get a place with no immediate river access then your options for river fun are limited and crowded as fuck.

Wimberly is a good idea. They can spend the day at the Blue Hole. Blue Hole limits the number of visitors. Get there early. They can also maybe rent a house on the Blanco.

Hyatt San Antone is another great idea. Kids can spend the day at the pool and on the lazy river.

Or them an Airbnb on Lake Travis or any of the Highland Lakes.

Guest Lobo

Exotic Resort Zoo.  Overnight glam tent.  Awesome wildlife/zoology to see in real life.  Less than 2 hours each way.  May need to look into better meal options, but fantastic destination with real cool shit that's as good as you're gonna see inland, away from beach.