Blazers vs Pelicans

Machinator

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Are you telling me you don't like Carlisle, either?

Better question, is there a coach for a team you follow that you do like?

Where did I say I didn't like Carsisle? Quit reaching. That is a flaw of Carsisle, though. He's too much of a dictator. Especially to young players.. Every coach has a flaw. Rondo didn't work here because he was not allowed to do what he does. You think he just forgot how to play basketball in Dallas and then learned how to play again immediately after leaving.

So many on here get their panties in a wad when you criticize certain coaches. I didn't know Carsisle was above criticism. He's a head coach who has strengths and weaknesses. Spurs fans criticize Pop and he has 5 rings. So yes, I would say he is not above criticism for that failed experiment. Rondo could have acted more professionally, though so he has blame too.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Where did I say I didn't like Carsisle? Quit reaching. That is a flaw of Carsisle, though. He's too much of a dictator. Especially to young players.. Every coach has a flaw. Rondo didn't work here because he was not allowed to do what he does. You think he just forgot how to play basketball in Dallas and then learned how to play again immediately after leaving.

So many on here get their panties in a wad when you criticize certain coaches. I didn't know Carsisle was above criticism. He's a head coach who has strengths and weaknesses. Spurs fans criticize Pop and he has 5 rings. So yes, I would say he is not above criticism for that failed experiment. Rondo could have acted more professionally, though so he has blame too.

a good post from Vic with no memes.   Unicorns do exist

41 minutes ago, CBT said:

Except the “Carsisle is a dictator” is an old meme that hasn’t been correct for years now.

I’m not sure which is more fun to watch, Nurkic-AD or Dame-Holiday.

it hasn't?  are the "years" since Rondo came and went?  Cause while mentioned Rondo is an a-hole, Carlisle being inflexible with him was clearly a big part of the issue

Edited by d2o

In 2011 he handed over the team to Kidd. Before then, he had serious problems with point guards because of his need to control every possession. He learned and grew a ton from that. At least on the surface it appears that way.

Carlisle may deserve some blame for the Rondo experiment for not working, but there were a ton of other obvious factors that pointed to Carlisle’s coaching style being only a small part, if any. We can discuss further in the Mavs thread if you want, most people here probably don’t give a shit.

Rondo is still fun to watch because he has such amazing floor vision. Even though he’s lost a step, he has turned himself into a good enough 3pt shooter he can exist in today’s game and spread the floor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Damn, I've really underestimated Holiday's explosiveness.

He's had a massive resurgence.   Had some MASSIVE personal issues but they look to be behind him and he is back to playing like the AS he was early in his career