Williamson County death in custody

Jerry Callo

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

If I get pulled over in wilco I expect atleast 2 felony counts of whateverthefucktheydecide at the minimum. I wont even drive through that armpitasshole of central Texas. Fuck those worthless sobs

Fuckers pulled me over in my driveway. Well, lit me up right when I started turning into it. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Live PD was bad idea jeans.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/investigations/defenders/use-of-force/report-williamson-deputies-used-more-force-on-live-pd-weeks/269-edf9b640-e5ae-44c6-b74c-2c07865f088d

Report: Williamson County deputies used more force on 'Live PD' weeks

An analysis of use-of-force reports shows an uptick in Taser use and highlights racial disparity in the force.

WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Texas — Williamson County sheriff's deputies reported a significant increase in the frequency with which they used force between 2017 and 2019, much of it happening on weeks in which the show "Live PD" filmed.

The Statesman analyzed 124 force reports and found that force incidents from 2017 to 2019 nearly doubled, rising from 43 to 82. Much of the increase happened last year during the 29 weeks that "Live PD" partnered with the department. 

Department officials say the increase was due to a rise in the number of interactions deputies had with civilians.

"Department officials say the increase was due to a rise in the number of interactions deputies had with civilians." (because the cameras were rolling)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Travis County but my neighborhood is split between Travis and Williamson. We live in Cedar Park. The Cedar Park part of the ballot did not have Republican or Democrat next to the names. Personally, I think that is a good idea although it would have helped knowing that information beforehand. If I voted absentee, I could have researched the candidates. In the polling booth, you are pretty much forced to guess or leave the question blank. Basically, I think for public service blank sample ballots need to be handed out way beforehand so that when you get to the voting booth, you know which candidates and which propositions you will be voting on.

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Congrats Williamson County.  You're still going to be on the hook for millions paid out to the victims of your Sheriff's Department, but at least you are trying to prevent it in the future.

spacer.png

You are welcome (I voted for the lesser asshole Gleason).

Too bad Austin isn’t smart enough to get rid of their own Choads.

7 hours ago, Bevo said:

I'm in Travis County but my neighborhood is split between Travis and Williamson. We live in Cedar Park. The Cedar Park part of the ballot did not have Republican or Democrat next to the names. Personally, I think that is a good idea although it would have helped knowing that information beforehand. If I voted absentee, I could have researched the candidates. In the polling booth, you are pretty much forced to guess or leave the question blank. Basically, I think for public service blank sample ballots need to be handed out way beforehand so that when you get to the voting booth, you know which candidates and which propositions you will be voting on.

FYI - You can get your sample ballot online, and you can take it with you to the booth

27 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

FYI - You can get your sample ballot online, and you can take it with you to the booth

Thanks. But instead of all these political commercials, they should put some money into public service and let people know that those resources are available. I thought I was going to be able to vote against prop A as I own property in Austin, but it wasn't on my ballot. I guess this is because I live in Cedar Park even though I am in Travis County. I wonder if the resource you described shows my actual ballot or if it is more general. 

18 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Thanks. But instead of all these political commercials, they should put some money into public service and let people know that those resources are available. I thought I was going to be able to vote against prop A as I own property in Austin, but it wasn't on my ballot. I guess this is because I live in Cedar Park even though I am in Travis County. I wonder if the resource you described shows my actual ballot or if it is more general. 

You can go to wilco.org and get your specific sample ballot if you're in Williamson County.  I suspect Travis County has something similar.  Waiting until after the election to figure it out is probably not that great of a plan, though.  

Edited by Jerry Callo

20 minutes ago, Bevo said:

You put in your own info, and they give you a sample of the ballot you will have on ED. 

Gleason looked like an idiot on one of the local stations last night talking about arresting the County Judge and firing deputies that had talked shit about him.

Williamson County is going to have to budget more funds for  payouts for wrongful termination and false arrest.  

20 minutes ago, Mappable said:

Gleason looked like an idiot on one of the local stations last night talking about arresting the County Judge and firing deputies that had talked shit about him.

Williamson County is going to have to budget more funds for  payouts for wrongful termination and false arrest.  

Yeah, he is just another asshole.