Williamson County death in custody

Jerry Callo

19 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

Choady won $51 million in the lottery as an APD officer and then basically bought the Sheriff's election by way outspending all the other candidates.  His list of scandals is getting quite long.

Came here to remind everyone about this. I often wonder how many of my neighbors with their Chody election signs realize this or how goddamn crooked he is. 

12 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Came here to remind everyone about this. I often wonder how many of my neighbors with their Chody election signs realize this or how goddamn crooked he is. 

This.

The dude is so evil, underhanded and fucked up in the head, he probably is a surly regular.

20 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

Choady won $51 million in the lottery as an APD officer and then basically bought the Sheriff's election by way outspending all the other candidates.  His list of scandals is getting quite long.

It illustrates very well his lust for power over people.  

He didn't run for that office to make a living.  Mutherfucker gets off on people bending to his will and much like a closet pedo scoring a seat on Epstein's private island bound jet, this guy was able to fashion just the right environment to scratch that itch that he so badly needed scratched.

If you're just a lowly, piece of shit citizen, he DRINKS YOUR MILKSHAKE!

He's not unique when it comes to LEOs.  Too many of 'em just plain get off on it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

“Failure to comply”. Those words are chilling.  It gives the enforcers way too much power.  And it’s exactly why when I started seeing government officials issuing citations for “failure to comply” with Covid related orders, I started questioning motives.  

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

someone list 3 reasons why judges and sheriffs in Texas are elected officials?   Money talks, being decent human beings in it for actual public service left the building a long time ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

It illustrates very well his lust for power over people.  

He didn't run for that office to make a living.  Mutherfucker gets off on people bending to his will and much like a closet pedo scoring a seat on Epstein's private island bound jet, this guy was able to fashion just the right environment to scratch that itch that he so badly needed scratched.

If you're just a lowly, piece of shit citizen, he DRINKS YOUR MILKSHAKE!

He's not unique when it comes to LEOs.  Too many of 'em just plain get off on it.

You oughta look into the Victoria County sheriff.  Pay attention to his last name, and it will tell you all you need to know.

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You oughta look into the Victoria County sheriff.  Pay attention to his last name, and it will tell you all you need to know.

On my way...

Looked him up Brisket.  O'Connor?  Gotta plead ignorance here.  I saw that he was aggy, but what else should I know?

Edited by Cajun
Never mind, I've got it now. I don't know why I didn't make the connection to the ranching blue bloods. So much inbred bullshit there.

Athoratah is a helluva drug!

It scratches that itch just left of his taint that the money don't reach.

Nice to read about their scrape with Exxon.  Each side of that gaggle of assholes deserves the other.

Edited by Cajun

23 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Yeah, Live PD is a bad idea all around.  There is a current fight between the Wilco Sheriff and Wilco Commissioners' Court over Live PD - I'm certain that this case is at the root of the fight.

I heard they cancelled Live PD. I was really looking forward to seeing how Dan, Sticks and Tom put their spin on all these murders. If they even had the balls to address it.

Edited by Brothahorn

I mean, just because O’Conner has the name doesn’t automatically make him bad. He’s been re-elected many times and is well liked in Victoria, and was just promoted up to US Marshall’s Office.

To make it more relevant to this board, he’s also asked for a forensic audit of the Hurricane Harvey relief funds in his county.

He’s actually a pretty good dude but I don’t want to get in the way of anyone’s conspiracy theory.

Edited by Orange&White
Spelling
  • Like 1

I mean, just because O’Conner has the name doesn’t automatically make him bad. He’s been re-elected many times and is well liked in Victoria, and was just promoted up to US Marshall’s Office.
To make it more relevant to this board, he’s also asked for a forensic audit of the Hurricane Harvey relief funds in his county.
He’s actually a pretty good dude but I don’t want to get in the way of anyone’s conspiracy theory.

Dig a little deeper.
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 6:48 PM, BradInATX said:

Effin Wilco. As if we needed more proof that nothing good is north of the river.

Are we talking about the river that runs through downtown Austin?  The Colorado?

Because the last time I looked, the University of Freaking Texas was north of there.   If even by just a bit.

• Like 3

Are we talking about the river that runs through downtown Austin?  The Colorado?

Because the last time I looked, the University of Freaking Texas was north of there.   If even by just a bit.
Ok fine. Campus and Dart Bowl. But that's about it.

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

What are the odds chody told them to do just that? 100%?

Is it possible to be more that 100%? 

40 minutes ago, Pasken said:

There is no excuse for deleting that footage. There is %0 that show is coming back for another season. 

Yep. They should be charged with destruction of evidence. There is no way their policy is to delete tape after a week. If they have any tape that's older than this tape then it shows malice in selectively deleting this tape. I know it will never happen but people at the show need to be interviewed to see the chain of events and choices made that led to the deletion and charges should be brought against those responsible. It would end these shows once and for all.

What I'm really having a hard time understanding is how the sheriff can tell his bosses to fuck off and continue to do what he wants. Is there no provision in the county charter to get him recalled or fired? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Is it possible to be more that 100%? 

Yep. They should be charged with destruction of evidence. There is no way their policy is to delete tape after a week. If they have any tape that's older than this tape then it shows malice in selectively deleting this tape. I know it will never happen but people at the show need to be interviewed to see the chain of events and choices made that led to the deletion and charges should be brought against those responsible. It would end these shows once and for all.

What I'm really having a hard time understanding is how the sheriff can tell his bosses to fuck off and continue to do what he wants. Is there no provision in the county charter to get him recalled or fired? 

I think they would still be protected though. That fucking agreement with the county seems like it will give them 1st amendment protection. I’m not a lawyer but from everything I’ve seen all of it belongs to them.

Producers of COPS:  "Uh, our cameras weren't on at the time of the alleged incident of police brutality."

Public:  "Who the hell makes your cameras?"

Producers of COPS:  "Uh, apparently the same people that make bodycams."  

6 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Sheriff is an elected official and doesn't answer to the Commissioners Court made up of other elected officials.  CC sets the budget for the Sheriff, but does not micromanage where the Sheriff can spend the money.  The issue between the Sheriff and the Wilco CC in the LivePD case is the ability of the Sheriff to enter into contracts with LivePD and bind the County in a variety of ways, including through increased liability exposure.

Removing a sheriff can be done by the county attorney, but it is not an easy process (again because elected officials aren't supposed to hold power over each other).  Elected officials serve at the will of the people and should be removed at the ballot box.  Chody has such strong approval in Wilco that I wouldn't be surprised if he wins reelection in November against his democrat opponent.

3 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Thanks for the information.

Guess they should just defund him then, or add a law that people that sign contracts against the wishes of the CC are personally responsible for any lawsuits resulting from said contract.

Pass a law? To constrain police? In Wilco? Have you been paying attention at all? lol.

Somehow, police unions are routinely able to strongarm local governments and authorities into accepting whatever terms the union wants. Because if the city doesn't, the cops will take their ball and go home, public service be damned. That's the pattern here in TX and everywhere else in the country. 

I really don't know what the law is on courts ordering access to raw footage of a homicide, particularly if that footage is sought in a civil case (presuming the family files suit).  And I think there could be some interesting discussions about the exact role of "Live PD" - is it part of the free press?  This has been an ongoing and interesting discussion already for several years regarding citizen activists, bloggers, and the like, out recording gov't activity and whatnot.  I see two distinct questions here -- if the information sought is simply raw footage/photos, as opposed to confidential information like sources, is that protected? (I truly don't know -- not my area of practice).  And, what is the nature of "reality TV" recordings, which I think are inherently entertainment.

For example, if a camera recording an episode of Modern Family caught one of the crew members running into the scene and stabbing Ed O'Neill as the cast member declared his love for Sofia Vergara, could Ed's family compel production of the recording because it was made in the context of an entertainment show, not as an exercise of the free press?  Where does a show like Live PD fall on that spectrum?

• Like 1

Chody, the Wilco CC, and Judge Gravell have been crazy dysfunctional and it's escalated this year, esp re Live PD. This is like a thousand pound cherry on top of the dysfunction sundae.

Just one recent story from a month ago: https://communityimpact.com/austin/georgetown/coronavirus/2020/05/05/williamson-county-commissioners-hire-law-firm-to-address-live-pd-controversy-move-could-mean-future-legal-action/

I actually think Gleason, his opponent, has a decent chance. However, since they moved the local elections from May to Nov due to Covid, who knows.

Edited by used2b

28 minutes ago, used2b said:

However, since they moved the local elections from May to Nov due to Covid, who knows.

County Sheriff is not considered a local election, so it would have been in November regardless.  Local elections include municipal, school board, esd, etc.

35 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

County Sheriff is not considered a local election, so it would have been in November regardless.  Local elections include municipal, school board, esd, etc.

OMG you are right. I was thinking it was May because the signs have been everywhere like the local elections but that was because of the primaries.

2 hours ago, used2b said:

Chody, the Wilco CC, and Judge Gravell have been crazy dysfunctional and it's escalated this year, esp re Live PD. This is like a thousand pound cherry on top of the dysfunction sundae.

Just one recent story from a month ago: https://communityimpact.com/austin/georgetown/coronavirus/2020/05/05/williamson-county-commissioners-hire-law-firm-to-address-live-pd-controversy-move-could-mean-future-legal-action/

I actually think Gleason, his opponent, has a decent chance. However, since they moved the local elections from May to Nov due to Covid, who knows.

The Karens posting at Wilco Nextdoor have been on Chody’s case since last year because of his reluctance to can one of his commanders who made some really stupid sexist remarks openly in an official meeting. 
Dunno if their outrage will overcome his support from Sun City, but this could tip it against him.

Chody and Gravell are a great story but the even better story is Chody vs. the previous County Judge, Dan Gattis.

Gattis told Chody he'd cut his budget if he didn't quit tweeting. So, naturally, Chody had the fucking Judge arrested and charged with official oppression.

9 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Chody and Gravell are a great story but the even better story is Chody vs. the previous County Judge, Dan Gattis.

Gattis told Chody he'd cut his budget if he didn't quit tweeting. So, naturally, Chody had the fucking Judge arrested and charged with official oppression.

That's just good fun right there.

• Like 2

For example, if a camera recording an episode of Modern Family caught one of the crew members running into the scene and stabbing Ed O'Neill as the cast member declared his love for Sofia Vergara, could Ed's family compel production of the recording because it was made in the context of an entertainment show, not as an exercise of the free press?

When I hired you as my attorney, I didn't think I needed to tell not to talk about my case in public. But apparently I do.

I know lots of peoe inside the Wilco courthouse and inside the SO. Most hate this fucking guy. But if you speak out about him get ready cause he will do everything in his power to fuck you over. Has fired tons of employees for being insubordinate by talking shit about him. Any rumor leads to internal affairs investigations. He forces employees thru the IA process to turn over texts, emails and phone messages over threats of being fired without cooperation. Uses said info to fire anyone he wants. Im suprised an employee hasn’t accidentally discharged friendly fire in his back or accidentally run him over. Like the ex county judge getting arrested. Hes a petty little cunt. See why current county judge has sat in silence over the Live PD debacle and Amblers death. He may be losing support in conservative circles and Wilco is dlowly turning democrat.
Example just settled this complaint by former deputy:

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200610/williamson-county-approves-150000-settlement-for-former-sheriffrsquos-commander

• Like 1