Putter clearout - Scotty Cameron Fastback, Newport 2.5, Ping D66, TM center shaft

capnamerca

Cleaning out my putter rack. Some bangers here, but also two choice Scotty's. If the putter is still listed here, it's still available; don't ask if it's still available, I won't respond. All putters in SW Austin, payment in-person cash or venmo.

Prices are realistic; please don't lowball, but reasonable offers will be considered fairly (esp if you want more than one of these putters). I have some other pics if you want them.

Also on CL - https://austin.craigslist.org/spo/d/austin-putter-lot-scotty-cameron/7138671147.html.

$285 - Like new Scotty Cameron Select Fastback (2018 model I believe). Purchased with pro shop money from a tournament, I played with this for one round, and maybe 100 putts on the practice green. Always covered. This is basically new. 20g weights, 33" length (from the factory). Original headcover, original matador grip.

$185 - used Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5, with the GSS face insert. Prices for these putters range WILDLY based on condition, but they're really hard to find overall. This one is used, has nicks on topline and back (bag chatter mostly). No gouges, nothing on the face. The ring around the insert has a nick on the top, but it's not in the strike zone and it's not deep. Plays about 34", used but still solid Iomic white grip. Paint fill on the bottom (red-yellow-blue-green) is flawless. Prior to my owning it, the paintfill on the neck and the bullets on the back was changed to Orange. It's all there and looks great, but it's not original. No headcover.

$115 - used Ping Redwood D66 Red Dot putter. Black sating finish, 33", ping PP58 grip (the "og" small ping grip, that Tiger uses). Very solid example of a nice used upscale ping putter. Wear consistent with it being the primary gamer for 2-3 years - no gouges, no major nicks, but some bag chatter and bottom-wear. Not at all abused, and priced below comparable examples on eBay. Has headcover, but is not original I don't think.

$40 - TaylorMade Rossa Monte Carlo 7 center-shaft putter. 33", like-new super stroke ultra-slim 1.0 grip. This putter is definitely used but is in perfectly playable shape. No nicks or gouges, just bag chatter and bottom wear. I was experimenting a little bit with counterbalancing, so this putter has about ~6g of weight underneath the grip, at the top/butt of the shaft. Easy enough to remove. Original headcover.

d_montecarlo_above_headcover.jpg

d_montecarlo_face.jpg

a_newport25_back.jpg

a_newport25_face.jpg

b_pingd66_bottom.jpg

b_pingd66_face.jpg

c_fastback_above_headcover.jpg

c_fastback_bottom.jpg

1 hour ago, capnamerca said:

Cleaning out my putter rack. Some bangers here, but also two choice Scotty's. If the putter is still listed here, it's still available; don't ask if it's still available, I won't respond. All putters in SW Austin, payment in-person cash or venmo.

Prices are realistic; please don't lowball, but reasonable offers will be considered fairly (esp if you want more than one of these putters). I have some other pics if you want them.

Also on CL - https://austin.craigslist.org/spo/d/austin-putter-lot-scotty-cameron/7138671147.html.

$285 - Like new Scotty Cameron Select Fastback (2018 model I believe). Purchased with pro shop money from a tournament, I played with this for one round, and maybe 100 putts on the practice green. Always covered. This is basically new. 20g weights, 33" length (from the factory). Original headcover, original matador grip.

$185 - used Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5, with the GSS face insert. Prices for these putters range WILDLY based on condition, but they're really hard to find overall. This one is used, has nicks on topline and back (bag chatter mostly). No gouges, nothing on the face. The ring around the insert has a nick on the top, but it's not in the strike zone and it's not deep. Plays about 34", used but still solid Iomic white grip. Paint fill on the bottom (red-yellow-blue-green) is flawless. Prior to my owning it, the paintfill on the neck and the bullets on the back was changed to Orange. It's all there and looks great, but it's not original. No headcover.

$115 - used Ping Redwood D66 Red Dot putter. Black sating finish, 33", ping PP58 grip (the "og" small ping grip, that Tiger uses). Very solid example of a nice used upscale ping putter. Wear consistent with it being the primary gamer for 2-3 years - no gouges, no major nicks, but some bag chatter and bottom-wear. Not at all abused, and priced below comparable examples on eBay. Has headcover, but is not original I don't think.

$40 - TaylorMade Rossa Monte Carlo 7 center-shaft putter. 33", like-new super stroke ultra-slim 1.0 grip. This putter is definitely used but is in perfectly playable shape. No nicks or gouges, just bag chatter and bottom wear. I was experimenting a little bit with counterbalancing, so this putter has about ~6g of weight underneath the grip, at the top/butt of the shaft. Easy enough to remove. Original headcover.

d_montecarlo_above_headcover.jpg

d_montecarlo_face.jpg

a_newport25_back.jpg

a_newport25_face.jpg

b_pingd66_bottom.jpg

b_pingd66_face.jpg

c_fastback_above_headcover.jpg

c_fastback_bottom.jpg

dm me, id be interested in the entire group 

The D66 made miles of putts. It missed miles of them, too.

Real talk, I game a Golo5, and I just keep going back to it. The fastback was supposed to be the replacement, but it just doesn't sole quite right and I can't find the sweet spot. The Studio Select was an experiment - doesn't fit my eye at all, even though that GSS insert feels amazing. The D66 was my gamer for 4-5 years, and still looks awesome behind the ball, but not as good as the GoLo. The taylormade was a fling, just a thing I tried one time, it doesn't define me, I don't want to talk about it.

18 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I think what you have is called the "yips"

I keed, I keed. 

You aren't far off. If I could putt, I could be a REALLY good player.  (incoming humblebrag) I hit 14 greens last week at Star Ranch, and had 31 putts to shoot 68. That's a damn good round, and I"m not doing any complaining. But I also missed putts between 15-25' on 2, 3, 4, 8, 11, 13, 15, 16, and 18. I'm not saying I expect to make ALL, or even most, of those, but it could have been a lifetime round if even a few of those go in. I don't miss many 3 footers, but I don't make any bombs either. The putter I"m holding doesn't seem to make much difference; it's not the tool, it's the mechanic.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, horn4life said:

i always wondered if it was better just to pick a putter and stick with it.  I do know that the bet way to win money is with crappy looking gear and playing in golf sandals...

Barefoot with a 12 pack of natty works even better