Kale

Horn_Spanker

9 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Had a small kale salad a little after noon today having not had any kind of salad for weeks.  At 2pm, had instant diarrhea with undigested green kale floating everywhere.  That shit shot through 25 feet of intestine in under 2 hours.

1 -- kale is absolutely a blowout producer

2 -- several years ago, before it became a trendy "edible" green, do you know who the largest purchaser of kale was, nationwide?  Got any guesses? .....

Pizza Hut.  Why?  Think of their salad bar - plastic bins of salad fixings stuck into a bin of ice.  How did they cover up all of that ice?  They laid leaves of kale over all of it.

3 -- a couple of years ago, I was on a flight next to a lady who was somehow involved in food marketing/planning for a major grocery chain.  I asked her what trend that was big now was due to die.  She didn't hesitate -- "Kale."  I think she was wrong, though.  That was a coupla years ago, and it's still going strong.

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Just eat raw spinach. Same nutritional benefit and actually chewable/doesnt taste like shit. Do enjoy kale in some soups though.

Yep.  If I'm eating it raw, give me spinach  I really like cooked kale, though.

The Kale Caesar Salad at UT owned Dish Society is pretty solid. I've haven't liked it in or on anything else. I don't understand the fade to put kale in every smoothie/pressed juice/protein shake.

The health food/smoothie joint in my office has a kale, banana, and strawberry smoothie on their menu. But, why?!

Kale is like the medications the olds take, all this talk of how good it is for you, then real quickly, "causes diarrhea,  blindness, see a doctor if sharts persist"

I've tried "kale chips" and lol, no thank you

22 hours ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Had a small kale salad a little after noon today having not had any kind of salad for weeks.  At 2pm, had instant diarrhea with undigested green kale floating everywhere.  That shit shot through 25 feet of intestine in under 2 hours.

DR. MORLEY: If you took out father's intestine and lay it out in a straight line, it would go all the way around the Earth. 

HANK: Now, how could that be? The Earth is 25,000 miles around. A piece of steak would have to shoot through your intestines at the speed of sound. That's impossible.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Horn_Spanker said:

You should stop buying salads from door to door salesmen.