Shady dog walker in my yard

Alright surly, how paranoid should I be? About 10am today I’m in my living room with my 4 year old and my dog. I have just minutes ago broken one of my toes when a kitchen stool fell on it. Sitting on the couch I look up from my ice pack and see a guy (maybe 40-45) with his dog (mid-sized pit bull, male) walking up my 30 ft or so driveway and pauses at the corner of my yard where my dog pisses every day, say 7-8 feet from my living room window. Doesn’t seem to be looking at anything I particular other than his dog. My useless dog who can hear the mail truck from half a mile away never notice them. As I start to get up to see what the fuck this asshole wants he starts to walk away through my neighbor’s yard back towards the road. He was standing there for maybe 5 seconds before starting to walk away. Had I not been more concerned with my throbbing foot I’d have walked after him to question him. Once he gets to my neighbor’s driveway he crosses the street and turns into a cul-de-sac with maybe 10 houses on it. I’ve never seen the guy before but I doubt I’d take note if I had. Definitely haven’t seen his dog before. I live on somewhat of a main road, regularly stream of cars, joggers, and dog walkers. I thought it was odd but seems like there’d be much better opportunities for houses to rob. My wife is fully freaked. What say you?

Diagram of his path:

50608f3434d495626821a14fad939495.jpg

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

This is the whitest thing I’ve ever read.

Yea I mean I really didn’t think much of it at the time other than what kind of asshole goes out of his way to walk around a fence and bushes to walk his dog down a driveway up to someone’s house. 

If it was just me I wouldn’t give a fuck. my only real concern is my kid or my dog come running around the side of the house and spooking some douchebags pit bull and getting bit.

what the fuck is up with that weird fence of yours in the eastern part of your yard?  It doesn't really connect to anything and just sorta ends at your neighbor's port-less carport.  Before we find your shady dog walker, let's talk to that asshole neighbor of yours about why he feels the need to pave over a nice lawn in order for everyone to see his bitchin' Mazda.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

what the fuck is up with that weird fence of yours in the eastern part of your yard?  It doesn't really connect to anything and just sorta ends at your neighbor's port-less carport.  Before we find your shady dog walker, let's talk to that asshole neighbor of yours about why he feels the need to pave over a nice lawn in order for everyone to see his bitchin' Mazda.  

Both the fence and the driveway yard annexation were there when he moved in a year or so ago. It used to be a split rail fence that went across the front and sides of her yard but it was falling down by the time I bought mine 4 years ago. When the lady wanted to replace it, the township told her the fence at the front of her yard had to move 12 feet in from the road so she only replaced what you could see from the road on the side. So now it’s 50 feet of white vinyl rail fence that turns back into old split rail in the back yard. 

The houses are all 75 years old, so they have 1 car garages and had 1 car width driveways. Rather than bumping out the driveway to fit two cars like the rest of identical houses on the street did, whoever lived there decided to pave a double width parking spot in their front yard for some reason. 

Edited by heso

• 2 weeks later...

"I have just minutes ago broken one of my toes when a kitchen stool fell on it."

A'ight, here's what's up. Your physical pain, as well as the probability that you have a vengeful poltergeist inside your kitchen, allowed you to see visions of the Spirit World. That is why your dog had no reaction to the apparition, and also explains why you never saw the man before. Why was the man in your yard? Probably because it was once HIS yard. You did say the houses were 75 years old. The pit bull you saw with him is probably still buried in "your" backyard.

What can you do about this? To start with, accept it. Next, contact a curandero. Your neighbor who parks in the yard knows one. Maybe set up some technology from years past that the ghost would know how to use (VCR, vacuum-tube radio, pen and paper,) and see if anything turns up in the middle of the night.

Reassure your wife by reminding her that, in the thousands of years that humans wandered what is now Texas, there are bound to be ancient burials practically everywhere she walks.