Cooler Weather via Car

Neonmoon

Driving distance is subjective. You can drive to Alaska if you want. How far is too far?

You can get to northern NM or Alpine in a day as mentioned. You can get to coastal California in two days.

Edited by gmr548

We were planning a driving trip to New Mexico in July for the specific purpose of finding cool weather.    But it looks like NM still has a 14 day quarantine (do not leave hotel room / house rental except for medical reasons or something like that) for people coming from out of state (except for business travel), per order this week.   I am not sure if I want to plan out a trip and book a place to stay and hope the quarantine ends by the time I go.  I won't go knowing I will be breaking the rules and risking some bigger issue even if there are people out there that will be happy to lie there way around it.   I don't know, for instance, how I can fake a business trip if my husband and dogs are with me.

9 minutes ago, DFWTexEx said:

We were planning a driving trip to New Mexico in July for the specific purpose of finding cool weather.    But it looks like NM still has a 14 day quarantine (do not leave hotel room / house rental except for medical reasons or something like that) for people coming from out of state (except for business travel), per order this week.   I am not sure if I want to plan out a trip and book a place to stay and hope the quarantine ends by the time I go.  I won't go knowing I will be breaking the rules and risking some bigger issue even if there are people out there that will be happy to lie there way around it.   I don't know, for instance, how I can fake a business trip if my husband and dogs are with me.

What the fuck? Well that kind of ruins the NW option

15 minutes ago, DFWTexEx said:

EDIT: as weird as it sounds, the order only applies to people arriving by airport.  So, the driving trip may be back on.

NM Executive Order June 2020