Mattress Mac does it again...

Macanudo

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I'm sure there are more.  But it's not like we're going to see Joel Osteen do it.

“Don’t go to that church down the street with the really intelligent, kind hearted pastor who actually preaches the gospel.  Come to our Church Stadium and be sure to bring both checkbooks.” 

~Joel Osteen

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

“Don’t go to that church down the street with the really intelligent, kind hearted pastor who actually preaches the gospel.  Come to our Church Stadium and be sure to bring both checkbooks.” 

~Joel Osteen

"..and learn how Jesus detests poor people, loves guns, loves making and hoarding money, and hates libruls"

On 6/10/2020 at 2:21 PM, crash_davis said:

"..and learn how Jesus detests poor people, loves guns, loves making and hoarding money, and hates libruls"

I don’t like Osteen at all.  But that isn’t his message at all.  I doubt he’s ever mentioned guns or liberals.  And the vast majority of the members of his church are poor people of color.  I live right down the street and see exactly who attends there.  He’s a prosperity preacher.  He doesn’t discuss politics or social issues.  And there is no way the makeup of his church doesn’t lean left.  It’s 70 percent black and Hispanic.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don’t like Osteen at all.  But that isn’t his message at all.  I doubt he’s ever mentioned guns or liberals.  And the vast majority of the members of his church are poor people of color.  I live right down the street and see exactly who attends there.  He’s a prosperity preacher.  He doesn’t discuss politics or social issues.  And there is no way the makeup of his church doesn’t lean left.  It’s 70 percent black and Hispanic.  

Yeah, Osteen's from the Michael Jordan school when it comes to staying out of politics.  Democrats tithe too!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yeah, you can clearly see how he accumulated all that wealth. He doesn’t do it for the money, he lives very humbly. He gives ALL that money back to the patrons.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:21 PM, crash_davis said:

This is an absurd criticism of Osteen.  If you call him a huckster or grifter I will nod my head and say probably right. But this comment on him could not possibly be more wrong or misguided. As said above- he’s a prosperity doctrine guy through and through. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...