using stats to show black people have it better than white people

Turkleton

I know this won't go over very well to the biggest race-baiter of Surly, Pancho. But I always like to  throw reality at these little things.....

Edited by blacklab
moved from the I'm tired thread as it didn't really belong there
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 77

Didn't realize that blacks are 13% of the U.S. population and Whites were, twice that/twice as likely to be in the U.S., totaling 26%.  

I guess the math checks out.  Whites are twice as likely to be killed by police because Whites are 2x the numbers of Blacks in our country.  

I guess the other 61% are Pacific Islander or Native American.  Yep, that checks out.  

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Assholesplanning might be a term needed for Turkleton's post. 

I'm going with "racist cocksucker who's feelings got hurt when a black man described his experience."

I mean, what the fuck is that. 

• Like 4

Just now, Foosters said:

I mean, what the fuck is that. 

The campaign platform for a major political party in a Western nation that shall heretofor remain nameless.  

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.....OAN?  Really?  REALLY?

And, even if it was a credible source without a horrific agenda.....there are so many fucking things wrong with this.  First and foremost, the problems with how police deal with black people don't BEGIN with killings (and by the way, it's more than shootings, see Floyd)....it ENDS there.  The killings are the culmination of a system and approach that puts black people disproportionately in the crosshairs of potentially dangerous police interactions.

It's about black drivers being pulled over for no good reason.

And black pedestrians in a neighborhood being stopped and questioned.

And not letting black suspects go home to their parents "and from now on, stay out of trouble" when white kids are given that luxury.

And on, and on, and on.  We won't even get to the disparity of those issues when it comes to whites v. blacks as a percentage of population, or the fact that hte percentages of crimes purportedly committed by each is directly related to the approach of police to police black people much more heavily than whites.  Just.....stop.

You really think CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS or ABC would show these facts? Maybe Media Matters or Kos will give you the real facts, LOL....Give me a fucking break!!! These stats are obviously hard to find for some reasons....You know, reality means fascist. 

Justice needs to be served for Floyd's death, which is will be, but the rest of all this......Smh. 

• Fuck You 42

10 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

but the rest of all this

You know, "the rest of all this".....black people, actually having the gall to speak clearly to centuries of mistreatment and inequality that continue to this day, particularly when it comes to certain systems, like the police.....everyone knows those people are full of shit.

Yes, what you posted is hot garbage because it's wildly incomplete.  I don't look to a fucking TV news outlet for data.  I look for source data.  That's perhaps your biggest fucking problem.  But I have NO problem chucking anything from OAN into the garbage without any further discussion.  Just citing to that source makes you an obvious clown.

Holy shit.  Guys, don't block Turkleton.  See him.  This is what you're dealing with.

• Like 5

Man it sucks. Sorry for you and yours
my kid doesn’t see skin color (he’s 7). 
My daughter has her best friend in school that is black and he’s 9. She told me he’s sad and other kids act shitty to him. 
I wonder when my son will se color. I wonder if my daughter will ever be afraid of a black dude instead of wanting to be friends with him. 
I wonder when that changes, or if it ever changes. 
I see all the kids that are taste makers and trend setters of the 2000’s think being black is the coolest thing and think we are making real progress, and then stuff like this happens and think- are we?
In the aggregate I don’t think there’s any doubt we are making progress, but in ways big and small it’s also abundantly clear every day that we aren’t. 
As a hard core conservative I was happy about the idea of Obama winning the presidency as a symbol of all that changed but instead of moving race relations forward I think it set them back, tragically (none of which am I blaming on Obama). 
Sorry man. Prayers for you and yours. 

Not criticizing you personally, because I know it's pretty much engrained as an ideal to make us feel good about ourselves, but man I really have to come to hate that stupid boomer trope: "I don't see color."

It came from good intentions, but look around. That's the problem. Black people have been sounding the alarm on racism and brutality from the police for god knows how long. White people were/are largely content to dismiss that with "nah man I don't see color - ALL lives matter bro." It's important to be conscious of the difference in lived experience between races. It's important to have empathy. It's important to be able to admit that we, as a society, are not past racism.

CSB contribution: Middle school (mid 2000s mind you), we were playing a basketball game against a team that had one black kid. He got tangled up with one of my teammates and they both fell to the ground. My friend said something like “get the fuck off me, changito” (little monkey). I was right there. I don’t think the other kid understood what it meant. I didn’t say anything or call out my friend on it, ever. I still feel bad about that. 

I think a lot of times non-black people hear people say racist slurs or ideas, and they don’t say or do anything about it. Can’t have this racist person think you’re not “cool”, can’t seem like a sensitive person or whatever other BS excuse you can think of. Many people still feel perfectly ok expressing racist views when that “group” isn’t around, and that really needs to change if race relations can ever really improve more. 

Something like this is why. You want your kid to see color here. You want your kid to know what his teammate did was fucked up, because as jarring as it was for your kid to see it, that black kid probably gets it on a regular basis. You want your kid to call their teammate out for that.
  • Like 1

I sometimes feel when I hear other white people say "I don't see color" that they also are meaning they ignore what people of other colors are going through. That we're all equal in their eyes so we should have a shared experience by now. We are heavily myopic creatures. We view the world through mostly are own world view. We don't fully understand and empathize what it's like to be a black man or woman in America because we will never have to live a day in their skin. We rarely have to worry about something happening when a cop flashes his lights at us. We rarely have to worry about walking in our neighborhoods or other neighborhoods without someone looking at us with suspicion and if a police officer will be along shortly to "check us out" at the urging of a white resident. We don't have to worry about walking down the street and having others move to the other side or a woman to clutch her purse in our presence. We don't have to worry about being in a park and having a woman try to weaponise the police against us for a minor dispute. So until we realize it is fundamentally different to be a black person in America, nothing will change. Yeah, we can have our kids grow up to be color blind. But we can also stop ignoring the systemic racism inherent in not only our economy, housing, job opportunities, and systems of government. We can stop ignoring the inherent racism in ourselves. We need more empathy in this world. Then we need to use that empathy to make this world fair for everyone. 
I didn't see this before I posted but this is a better articulated version of what I was trying to say.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know, "the rest of all this".....black people, actually having the gall to speak clearly to centuries of mistreatment and inequality that continue to this day, particularly when it comes to certain systems, like the police.....everyone knows those people are full of shit.

Yes, what you posted is hot garbage because it's wildly incomplete.  I don't look to a fucking TV news outlet for data.  I look for source data.  That's perhaps your biggest fucking problem.  But I have NO problem chucking anything from OAN into the garbage without any further discussion.  Just citing to that source makes you an obvious clown.

Holy shit.  Guys, don't block Turkleton.  See him.  This is what you're dealing with.

I want them to speak clearly, but with facts. You lefties have no concept of facts or reality. You hate them both. I'm just come here to point them out and it sticks in your SJW gut.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 43

Just now, Turkleton said:

I want them to speak clearly, but with facts. You lefties have no concept of facts or reality. You hate them both. I'm just come here to point them out and it sticks in your SJW gut.

Cool, cool.

What are the facts on the rate of police traffic stops by race?  What are the statistics on the numbers of police interactions per person, broken down by race?  True or false: the average black male will be stopped and questioned by police more often than the average white man.  We can keep doing this all day....nevermind that you just glossed right over the holes in the LIMITED data that your argument presented (that is, the ratio of each race as a percentage of population....which ties right back to the stats on the rate of police stops).  But it's cool, we know that you and yours don't believe there is any systemic racism, making 99% of black people just liars, making shit up.  

Understand, THAT is what you are saying -- all of the black people, the vast, vast majority of them -- telling you that there are real fucking problems with police racism, based on their direct experience, are liars.  At least have the fucking spine to say that -- call them liars.  Please.  Own it.  Otherwise, you're just another gutless pussy.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Texags thinks you're way too aggy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Turkleton said:

I know this won't go over very well to the biggest race-baiter of Surly, Pancho. But I always like to  throw reality at these little things.....

What is a "race-baiter" as I know you people love to use that term.  How do I personally personify that?  How is your radical right-wing news outlet more credible than anything else?  Why is SJW used as a pejorative for radical right wing conservatives?

giphy.gif

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What is a "race-baiter" as I know you people love to use that term.  How do I personally personify that?  How is your radical right-wing news outlet more credible than anything else?  Why is SJW used as a pejorative for radical right wing conservatives?

giphy.gif

LOL...Oparah!!!. Pretty much says it all. "Your facts don't fit my narrative so you are racist."

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 25

I’m just sitting over here, minding my own business, and then I see some race just sitting on the sidewalk. So obviously I run over to pick it up, but it keeps getting away. Turns out Pancho has that race on a hook tied to a fishing pole and keeps pulling it away from me. Then I fall down and split my pants and everyone laughs at me. All because Pancho is a god damn race baiter. 

Pancho is masterful at that trick.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m just sitting over here, minding my own business, and then I see some race just sitting on the sidewalk. So obviously I run over to pick it up, but it keeps getting away. Turns out Pancho has that race on a hook tied to a fishing pole and keeps pulling it away from me. Then I fall down and split my pants and everyone laughs at me. All because Pancho is a god damn race baiter. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

What is a "race-baiter" as I know you people love to use that term.  How do I personally personify that?  How is your radical right-wing news outlet more credible than anything else?  Why is SJW used as a pejorative for radical right wing conservatives?

giphy.gif

It's a contest.  2 master baiters start wagging it as soon as the start signal is given, and they start wagging it as fast as they can to see who finishes first.

• Haha 1

I love these threads. I love when someone finds a video of a guy in a suit standing in front of a dry erase board full of numbers and immediately thinks "OOOH hE MuST bE SmaRT. ME LiStEn."

It's one thing to watch this garbage. It's another thing to think to oneself that this is somehow some brilliant thinkpiece that needs to be shared urgently with others. 

• Like 4

I love these threads. I love when someone finds a video of a guy in a suit standing in front of a dry erase board full of numbers and immediately thinks "OOOH hE MuST bE SmaRT. ME LiStEn."
It's one thing to watch this garbage. It's another thing to think to oneself that this is somehow some brilliant thinkpiece that needs to be shared urgently with others. 

Right? It does make for a pretty masterful self- own though.

it is amazing to me that in 2020, it is still necessary to explain the concept of per capita to morons.  i like the little handwave he did in "pre-butting" that point by pointing out that blacks outpace their population statistics in crimes committed.  i mean, i get why pearson sharp (lol) is trotting this out but it is incredible that their exist utter fucking dipshits like turkleton that nod their heads along despite the naked disingenuous lines.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Austinvines said:

Does it seem like Swam has come back as works, ema, or Turk?

Workswithseed is nowhere near the same category as those.  He's a young dude, raised conservative, without much education or experience to fall back on to question some of the things he was brought up with.  He's a person of goodwill.

Not so sure about the rest of them.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

it is amazing to me that in 2020, it is still necessary to explain the concept of per capita to morons.  i like the little handwave he did in "pre-butting" that point by pointing out that blacks outpace their population statistics in crimes committed.  i mean, i get why pearson sharp (lol) is trotting this out but it is incredible that their exist utter fucking dipshits like turkleton that nod their heads along despite the naked disingenuous lines.

Theres many types of per capita, you know.  Il Douche said so.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidis said:

yep.

There are more than 4X as many whites as blacks in this country.

Kind of makes them police shootings ratios skew not so bueno for our black citizens...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

You really think CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS or ABC would show these facts? Maybe Media Matters or Kos will give you the real facts, LOL....Give me a fucking break!!! These stats are obviously hard to find for some reasons....You know, reality means fascist. 
Justice needs to be served for Floyd's death, which is will be, but the rest of all this......Smh. 

It is important for you to understand that OAN is an absolute sham media source. Everything about that entity is geared toward advancing the conservative agenda. You can’t trust anything at all from them. Let me put it this way. Would you rely upon the North Korea official news channel for information? Because OAN is on par with that, only a slightly better hidden agenda.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Because men are killed by cops at a far higher rate than women. And men get fucked over in sentencing at a far higher rate than women.  

Why?

I have no idea.  men have smaller tits?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Because men are killed by cops at a far higher rate than women. And men get fucked over in sentencing at a far higher rate than women.  

Why?

This is a point. I mean my wife did the CASA stint for law school and the one thing they were told (late 90s) is that the states priority is to get the child back with its mother under any circumstances.  We’re taking about police entering a home finding a woman passed out, face down in a kilo of coke with a baby crawling around the apt coved in it. That woman got her kid back as soon as she was able to pass a drug test. That happened.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

This is a point. I mean my wife did the CASA stint for law school and the one thing they were told (late 90s) is that the states priority is to get the child back with its mother under any circumstances.  We’re taking about police entering a home finding a woman passed out, face down in a kilo of coke with a baby crawling around the apt coved in it. That woman got her kid back as soon as she was able to pass a drug test. That happened.

There is some fucked up shit on how our justice system treats blacks compared to whites.  Really fucked up.  

And then take that disparity and multiply by 5 and that’s your gender difference.  No one wants to talk about that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

There is some fucked up shit on how our justice system treats blacks compared to whites.  Really fucked up.  

And then take that disparity and multiply by 5 and that’s your gender difference.  No one wants to talk about that. 

who knew you were such a feminist, bravo for your courage

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well yeah. That whole racist, murderous cop thing has priority right now. Maybe next month you can start the conversation on gender equality.

• Like 1