South Texas Slang for Tick?

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

Something like Chingitos?  They are the mite sized ticks that are real common. If you’ve gone dove or quail hunting out there you’re bound to have run into them

Would you check the backside of my sack for them, please?

Chigger bites usually show up from the knees down & will itch for days... make you scratch your skin raw. Impossible to sleep.

A fat tick gets engorged on your blood + can cause lyme disease. But it's a nasty sight to find a fat get & red one lodged in behind your nutsack (or@deadshank 's, anyhow... not that I'm looking).

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Chigger bites usually show up from the knees down & will itch for days... make you scratch your skin raw. Impossible to sleep.

A fat tick gets engorged on your blood + can cause lyme disease. But it's a nasty sight to find a fat get & red one lodged in behind your nutsack (or@deadshank 's, anyhow... not that I'm looking).

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You didn't seem too put off by the last one you found on the dark side of my nut sack.

1 hour ago, RMac5 said:

Chiggers are the absolute worst, we also call em red bugs. I would rather take an ass whippin than get into a mess of chiggers.

Been a long time since I’ve had any, but spent summers in East tx with my grandmother and used to get destroyed by them.  Nail polish remover, and bleach, works wonders iirc.    I hunt just outside of Fal, and have only heard people say ticks.  Will ask the ranch hands next time I’m down tho.  Pretty sure Lat nailed it. 

• Like 1