School me on Houston neighborhoods

On 6/17/2020 at 5:20 PM, Texas St. Armadillos said:

BTW, if he's MPA graduate, tell him to start studying and sitting for the CPA.  Strike while the knowledge is fresh.

He has been studying since March when he came home (COVID).  Couldn't get a test date until this week while waiting on transcripts.  He sits for his first one I think in August.

He has been studying since March when he came home (COVID).  Couldn't get a test date until this week while waiting on transcripts.  He sits for his first one I think in August.

Back in the mid 80’s, UT gave an accounting class during your last semester which was a CPA review. IIRC, the exam was administered in early summer. So you basically spent 4-5 months studying for the exam. I was lucky to pass all four parts in my first sitting. Then you needed two years of experience to get your CPA. It’s different now. I think you need 5 years of college to even take the exam.
  • Like 1

Back in the mid 80’s, UT gave an accounting class during your last semester which was a CPA review. IIRC, the exam was administered in early summer. So you basically spent 4-5 months studying for the exam. I was lucky to pass all four parts in my first sitting. Then you needed two years of experience to get your CPA. It’s different now. I think you need 5 years of college to even take the exam.

I think that’s right. I don’t think you can sit without an MPA or a a BBA plus experience now.

On 6/15/2020 at 3:38 PM, tokamak said:

Midtown to Energy Corridor or something like that is still going to be pretty ugly, because the West Loop between 59 and I-10 is such a clusterfuck. If he's going to be going west every day, somewhere up closer to 10 might be better.

midtown to energy corridor i'd go toward downtown and jump on the 45 ramp at st. joseph and brazos.  then I10 straight shot out.  west belt i might take 59 to westpark toll.